PDA

View Full Version : Krazy Dragon .Is the end in sight

lonelywombat
February 16th, 2007, 10:06
Four times in as many days , expats have mentioned that Krazy is going into decline. The comment was made that no bar can survive on tourists alone and expats have lost interest.

A common topic here is how the exchange rate drop has forced a change of lifestyle for those on fixed incomes, and that Kaos gives better value for their dollar by a huge margin, KD boys have become boring and there needs to be constant supply of new faces for it to survive

Krazy was the first bar I visited this trip but gave up after 40 minutes. About a dozen boys 6-8 customers and no atmosphere. Have been back twice but did not stay long enough to finish my drink

Kaos has an air of excitement, the boys are enthusiastic about rising to the occasion, and are practising 30 minutes before show time. They have no inhibitions performing for the huge standing only crowd. Each boy on stage receives 100baht cash as he finishes his 30 minute show and if they are receiving the minimum wage, have an occasional off and pocket tips for a grope or a drink, they are doimg as well if not better than almost all go go boys in town

From the expats point of view, two drinks plus the collection of 100 baht that is supposed to be for the boys performing is half the cost of a night at KD and more fun

What can Krazy do if things do not improve after Songkran. Maybe a return to the old Crazy Pub shows is at least one suggestion. Im told that Kaos is doing both fuck and candle shows, which used to be the mainstay of crazy.

One sour note from Kaos. Apparently the last few nights, a blonde dyed hair Tom [lesbian] has been in charge of collection the donations for the boys on stage. Not only has a few feathers been ruffled by her attitude but questions have been raised as to what happens to the excess over 2000 that is collected.

February 16th, 2007, 10:12
Maybe they should try the water-between-the-legs trick you saw at WW Boys to bring in customers.
I know that would attract MY attention. :cyclopsani:

catawampuscat
February 16th, 2007, 11:17
Smart farangs who run Krazy Dragon know the boy bar market and they see the net numbers at the end of each nite. My understanding is that
management got very tough with the boys and many boys left for greener pastures. Off fees were raised and
the money the boys received was reduced. They have no incentive to come to work unless they are broke as many or maybe most are off salary and working free lance. I think many of the boys deal with their dislike of Thai or Farang managers by walking away and perhaps management went overboard and it reflects in the attitude of the remaining dancers.

Adding to this, is the theme of Krazy is getting old and without the enthusiam of the dancers, it gets boring fast. Far fewer customers
seem to be tipping and I have seen many fondle and then not tip, which further discourages the boys. The cuter or more
interesting boys get called down for a down for a drink and a closer examination and the less interesting stay on the tables and evoke
little interest from the customers.
I have also been told that when the management finds hot sexy new boys, farangs "off" them and they find patrons and don't
return.

Kaos has the most boring show in Pattaya but does have a large hardcore following but are just one police raid away from shutting
down. It is dark, crowded with cigarette smoking customers, and full of lady boys who thankfully do not drop their panties.
It is for boy lovers only and it looks like 18 or 19 is retirement age and time to move on. The place sure changes when the word
is on the soi that the police may be coming.. Don't panic yet, Krazy Dragon will get it together and regain its magic.. I hope!