View Full Version : Update: Conditions - Gay Pattayan & Wally of Thais4Life

travelerjim
February 15th, 2007, 10:30
Hello Friends,

A quick update on The Gay Pattayan and on Wally of Thais4Life and NEW PG Weekly Report:

The Gay Pattayan:

On Valentines Day - Evening, as I walked past GP's bf - Ken's Restaurant - "The Non-Cafe" in Sunee Plaza -
I was pleased to see The Gay Pattayan (Allen) and his bf Ken ....both were enjoying Valentines Dinner.
Ken had given GP a bouquet of beautiful Red Roses...and they were chatting.
I said hello and Allen seemed much better - his voice was strong and his smile as usual :-) Allen said he was feeling much better and commented that he had gone to Asian University during the day as well.
Following dinner, I saw them enter Odd's Barbershop across from Ken's Restaurant ...and Odd was very happy to see his friend Allen. It was good to see The GP out and about enjoying Valentines Day with Ken. They said they were hopeful of maybe stopping by The Bondi to enjoy the Valentines Day Show and Charity evening with Maisee entertaining & singing.

Wally of Thais4Life (its devoted founding board member & webmaster) and who is now webmaster of the NEW PG Weekly Report:

If you recall - Boxer reported this week that Wally was in the hospital for surgery. Wally had gall bladder surgery on Tuesday February 12th at 4:00pm at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. The Doctor's believe he was bitten by a mosquito on a recent trip to Northern Thailand with some of his Hong Kong and Australian friends. The doctor's surmise that the mosquito bite entered Wally's bloodstream and infected the gall bladder. So the need for its removal. However, since the 4:00pm operation on Tuesday Feb 12th - Wally has been in ICU - caring for complications of the surgery. I spoke with the hospital and ICU Nurse today - Thursday Feb 15th - and she was able (to my pleasant surprise) to connect me with Wally on the phone in ICU. Wally said he was tired and that the Doctor's believe he may be transferred to the General Ward sometime today. Let's hope so!

Both of these men have devoted much to the betterment of the Gay Community in Pattaya & Thailand.

I am pleased to be able to report that both appear to be back on track to improved medical health. During the past few days I have been asked many times about both GP and Wally. Now you have the latest info.

Take good care,

TravelerJim

Bob
February 15th, 2007, 10:59
Good news for both it seems.
(But I do wonder where they conjured up that mosquito bite infecting the gall bladder thing. Oh well, sounds like a good story anyway).

lonelywombat
February 15th, 2007, 11:27
Good news about both Wally and Allan who I have never met but enjoyed his newsletter for many years.

Monty returns to Perth for his quarterly check up which includes an overmight in hospital

Best wishes to all 3 and may things only get better for you

Whilst on Wally a story that gives another side of this shy, talented and versatile man

Several years ago, Wally was assisting me with a problem with Dragon Lady manager of Yensabai and her bastard son

Dragon lady was scornfully rejecting that boy bastard had or could do anything wrong. She broke into chinese to her son and to quote Wally later poured a truckload of shit on us both.

Wally who has spent many years in Hong Kong and speaks fluent chinese, exploded with a burst of his own in chinese and the reaction of DL was a joy to behold. First and only time I have seen her forced off her wallet.

Look forward to hearing of continued improvement from you all

travelerjim
February 16th, 2007, 11:29
Boxer has posted this update of Wally's condition on gaythailand board...
(as he still cannot access Sawatdee from his computer due to censorship)

from Boxer:

"Friday - I am told that Wally is much better and out of ICU...
he hopes to be home over weekend if all goes well."

Boxer, that is good news indeed! Thanks for sharing it.
:cheers:

TJ

travelerjim
February 21st, 2007, 11:12
Sawatdee Friends,

I know many of you are wondering what is the latest news about Allen - The GP and Wally...
as you have asked me when we meet up on the beach or sois of Pattaya.

The GP: (as of Tuesday night Feb 20th)

Allen (The GayPattayan) is at home in his Condo resting...
and is not doing so well ...according to his bf.

I last saw Allen at Valentines and he was smiling and happy...
but sadly - he is again experiencing difficulties.

I know his friends all wish him well again.

Wally: (as of Tuesday morning Feb 20th)
(Wally is the NEW PG Weekly Report Webmaster and ..
a Thais4Life Founder-Committee Member- and Webmaster)

I talked with Wally Tuesday morning - he returned my call to him :-)

He is still in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital recuperating from his recent blood infection and
gall bladder surgery.

The doctor's are still seeking to gain control
the blood infection which caused his gall bladder to become infected and necessitated it's removal.

Wally stated that he had his best night's sleep in the hospital Monday night...
that the Doctor's are also treating (draining) the excess fluids which have built up in his body.

Wally's said he felt immediate relief once the fluids were drained...
his voice sounded good and he was looking forward to the day he could
be released...and then - soon afterwards - (with Doctor's OK to fly)...

Wally will return to Australia for his personal
Doctor's assessment of his condition and treatment.

We wish both : The GP and Wally ....better health soon.

TJ