PDA

View Full Version : Gogo boy nightmares?

bucknaway
February 15th, 2007, 06:57
Could you imagine being a 18 year old gogo boy fresh off the farm, in Pattaya put on a crowded stage in a pair of skimpy briefs and a number. Remembering that you told everyone you were going to the big city, get a good job and make lots of money. We can all remember the boasts we made when we were young....

Now they are in a bar, music pumping, lights flashing... There they shuffle from foot to foot remembering how they had to prove they could do the job of a gogo boy and possibly loosing his virginity in the process.... Now possible customers come in and many try not to look at him when he looks at them. Some say he is too skinny or too fat, too short or too tall, too young or too old, some complain about his Tattoos lack of... Maybe he/you are too dark or too light, maybe they don't like his hair, fingers, feet, teeth, eyes, back, cheeks or eyes. Maybe a customer will call you over, let you sit and before you know what is going on, he pulled open your briefs, looked at your cock sent you back to the stage and called to another boy to do the same thing.

How they most wonder if word has gotten back home about what they are doing. I am sure they heard stories of other guys who went to the city and how they must fear others telling rumors of their lives in Pattaya.

Could you imagine what you would feel after being offed by a guy you did not want to touch or be touched by? But you will have to do far more than touching... He does not know he is your first customer and he has certain expectations for his 500 baht and you need the money.....

I know many gogo boys sleep well, but tonight I will pray for those that get no comfort from sleep.

catawampuscat
February 15th, 2007, 10:22
Have you ever boarded a long distance flight early and watched the arriving passengers and hoped that the human refrigerator would
not stop at your row and sit besides you. I imagine we all do and when the slim petite Asian lady sits next to you, it is a relief.

We have all heard stories of being sandwiched between two behemoths and literally squeezed by the overhanging flesh.
Have you ever had to endure a fellow passenger who smelt like he went in his pants or hadn't yet discovered deodorants?

Years ago it was chain smokers who were the nightmares if you sat near them, but that nightmare is gone from the planes
but still the ashtray mouths want to kiss the boys and turn their stomachs. While age appropriate sex (same age) is revolting
to many of us in our golden years, it is even more of a nightmare to imagine having sex with someone your father's age in their
seventies or eighties.

Granted these are Western nightmares and probably for some of the new boys any farang, even if not repulsive to look at,
would be a nightmare, especially if the kid had never put it in his mouth or other body orifices before. A good reason to tip well..... :cat:

allieb
February 15th, 2007, 12:35
Buck

I do agree with most you have said. I have been in go go bars and seen repulsive extremely overweight farang who look and smell like they haven't washed for days. That is when I say to myself "well if I were one of these boys I would drawer the line here"

I personally try to groom myself with a nice haircut nice clean clothes plenty of soap and water and a good perfume. I am 56 years old and am very aware of the age difference these boys have to deal with. I model myself on an old friend in London in the 80's who was a butler. He was in his late 70s and looked clean and well groomed He was hygiene obsessive and always smelt like Harrods perfumery Quite honestly although I didn't fancy him I wasn't repulsed buy him.

Going back to the boys. I am quite sure that in the main they don't stumble upon this profession. They are guided by others on the news of making big bucks quickly. I am living in Saudi Arabia. It's not the best place to be and can be very depressing sometimes I chose to come here and I'm paid accordingly for my hardship. For example, to be in a car or a room alone with a woman who isn't related can get you a year in prison. ( I don't think I will fall fowl of that one) A bottle of whiskey costs $200 on the black market and again prison for possession of alcohol if caught.

Enough said, any go go boy who cant hack the life should go and find that good job in the city but unfortunately he will find it difficult as the Thai and foreign companies offering jobs exploit the workers and pay them just the bread line. Probably better to go back to the farm and live a simple farmers life.

AKAHagrid-old
February 18th, 2007, 07:00
But eventually someone *does* like my colour/size/shape/hair, and offs me. And in the course of a few hours (or maybe overnight, sleeping with a full belly, in aircon, with TV), I make more than I would back home in a month of 16-hour days, seven days a week, doing back-breaking labour in a rice field. And all of a sudden, the job doesn't seem all that bad: the farang isn't that smelly, or fat, or unpleasant. And if the job doesn't suit me, I can always go back home, since it is (as it has always been in the Land of Smiles) "Up to Me."

Mi Cow Chai-old
February 18th, 2007, 07:45
Hear! Hear!

February 18th, 2007, 12:22
WOW.... a lot has been said in the few posts above.

I must think clearly in the morn with no Gin & Tonic in the blood.

Right now, after the above soaks in, I can only be thankful for the beautiful Thai boys that I shared time with and the great smiles and WY upon saying our final Good Bye.

Setting in front row center, looking up at the stage full of numbered boys, I must admit my emotions pour out to the not so attractive boy that will not find a customer this night. What will happen to his self esteem, his self confidence. How many nights with no "off'" before the bar says sorry, no room for you. And this may be the boy with a heart of gold but the superficial looks were not bestowed upon his birth. And where he does go now? Meanwhile, I must select the (possibly clueless) cutie.

I take my hat off to the above posters..... a special WY to you.

February 18th, 2007, 15:38
That is why I am into free-lancers, they choose me and I choose him. :cheers: :cheers:
Well on all my vacations in LOS i have only offed a guy one time from a go-go bar, and it was not a success.

The first time i came to Thailand, many years ago, maybe 10?, I left from Koh Samet and stopped in Pattaya on my way home, I was sitting at Panorama (the name was different at that time) and suddenly, the most cute, and beautiful guy just sat down next two me saying: hey how are you? He choosed me, hehe, and I choosed him. After 1 or 2 drinks (it was in daytime) we ended up in bed, both horny as hell. The best sex I have ever had, both before and after. We had some very horny and nice days together, because he had choosen me....maybe :bom: e

February 18th, 2007, 15:50
I was sitting at Panorama (the name was different at that time) and suddenly, the most cute, and beautiful guy just sat down two me saying, hey how are you? He choosed me, hehe, and I chooses him. After 1 or 2 drinks (it was daytime) we ended up in bed, both horny as hell. The best sex I have ever had, both before and after. We had some horny and nice days together, because he had choosen me....maybe
If he did choose you as you say, I wouldn't read too much into it or be overly flattered.
Being the daytime, and presumably not many customers in the bar, he probably saw you as the most convenient source of money. Never mind though, if you say you enjoyed his company - and the sex was great - that's the main thing :geek:

February 18th, 2007, 16:22
yeah, you are maybe correct , but 7-10 years ago I was handsome, hehe, why should a guy not choose the best looking farang? :clown: Today I am 51 at that time i was 41. Maybe that made the difference. Next time I go to Thailand in May, I will be more openminded, talking about go-go boys, but in fatct last October, I still found it more pleasure being with a not go-go boy. I met a gorgious guy in Chiang Mai. Invited him to Koh Samed, after I had been in Laos, in fact he was in the airport in BKK when I arrived, he was in the late 20ties, we had a great time together. Ending our holliday in BKK with his farang and thai friends in a big birthday dinner, big fun, ended up in Silom dancing our asses away....oh well I did not pay. ...Well maybe I am just the lucky one

bobby-old
February 18th, 2007, 17:18
Maybe the go go boys nightmare is a small tip and how to argue that it is too little money. Don't think they care too much about black or white, small or big clients. If they aren't gay then I guess they don't even note the difference. Or maybe they even prefer chubby mature persons because they hope they are more generous.

February 18th, 2007, 17:38
Maybe the go go boys nightmare is a small tip and how to argue that it is too little money. Don't think they care too much about black or white, small or big clients. If they aren't gay then I guess they don't even note the difference. Or maybe they even prefer chubby mature persons because they hope they are more generous.

Money is only a small compensation. Most of the boys do not like working in bars, especially not at GoGo-Bars.

Quite a few are on drugs or drunk, otherwise they couldn’t stand the job. Its somewhat different with waiters at host bars. Many bar owners allow the boys only high alcoholic “special dinks” in order to ease them down.

If someone really likes you, he will join you for his own fun, not for money. And he will find you everywhere if he wants.

bucknaway
February 19th, 2007, 03:19
Does money heal? I wonder if many of them turn to drugs to ease their souls and to forget how they earned their money.

Do we visitors do ourself damage by thinking are money is all powerful and all healing?

February 19th, 2007, 04:45
Does money heal? I wonder if many of them turn to drugs to ease their souls and to forget how they earned their money.

Do we visitors do ourself damage by thinking are money is all powerful and all healing?

Money certainly doesn't heal, just ease for some moments.

If you learn more about Buddhism you might understand the "begging" business - which works on an similar concept.

The boys/girls do have there fun in there free time with an partner they like. Anything else is strictly business.
Just sit at the MyLife bar during happy hours and watch motorbike after motorbike with all the ladies carrying husbands to work at BoyzBoyzBoyz. They need to stamp there card before shift starts at 20 hrs. As everywhere, most of the boys working in bars are not gay - unless for pay.

bucknaway
February 19th, 2007, 05:18
I know some of the guys love the money but I have to remember that some of the guys are kids who want the money but don't want the gay sex.

I also think back to when I was in a group of guys who were drinking and just being themselves... Many times they boasted and bragged about taking as much money from visitors that they could get. They resented the power that they felt the visitors had over the average Thai... What we thought was us having fun and throwing around money and tipping well, they took as foreign Farang lording it over them.

Listening to them only reminded me of conversations I have had here at home.

I don't look at the guys in the gogo bar as being different than guys here in the USA at their age. They don't want their friends back home knowing that foreign men are screwing them up the butt and tossing money at them. Just like whores here, they enjoy the money and all the glam that the money brings but they live in fear of being found out and rejected by those who's love and respect they want most.

Then there are their own values.... Acts of shame never truly fade.... It only helps if you don't think about them... Take drugs... Drink to excess... Live fast and try not to think about it...

I may be wrong but I think that underneath their skin they are just like you and me.

February 19th, 2007, 07:02
IтАЩm no authority on the Gogo industry, but I know a new(ish) Gogo boy well in Pattaya. I first met him online, and spent hours chatting to him last year тАУ before I finally met him in person in November. Before November, he did occasional shifts in a bar, it didnтАЩt work out so well and he promptly left. He hated getting up on stage in his underwear тАУ and he couldnтАЩt bring himself to go with customers. When I met him, it struck me that at 19, he really is a тАЬboyтАЭ. He reads Harry Potter, his addicted to naff American teenage films and he loves Nintendo. The thought of him shaking his ass on stage, didnтАЩt and still doesnтАЩt sit well with me. But, its not as though he does not have options. I asked him, why he could not work at Big C or Star Bucks or get a normal job? He told me what I knew already, better money in bar.

Now, a few months later IтАЩm back in the UK, and his given Gogo another chance. Now, he likes his job. He does not feel shy on stage anymore, and his made lots of friends at his bar. Even on his days off, the bar will be his first port of call for a drink before going someplace else.

Its not a nice transition to witness. It saddens me when I think about him, and what he now does for a living тАУ but I am happy for him. Now, he has money, he doesnтАЩt spend his existence just sleeping in his room, and he has a broad circle of friends. I return to Pattaya in April. IтАЩm actually apprehensive about seeing him again. He tells me his still the same person as before, but I think now heтАЩll be a very different guy to the boy I knew and adore. I wonder if now, heтАЩll see me through different eyes тАУ as a foreigner to exploit, rather then as a friend to spend time with. Guess IтАЩll have to wait till April to find outтАж.

тАж..as an after thought, given how I feel about my friend and what he does for a living, an that I do still тАЬtake boysтАЭ тАУ I guess that makes me quite a hypocriteтАж.

bucknaway
February 19th, 2007, 07:52
I think I have told the story about a nice guy I met in Bangkok and was friends with him for a year or two. Then I became generous with him and transformed our friendship from that of mutual friends to one of young poor Thai and a foreigner with more money than common sense. It took a while, but we are real friends again.

I don't blame him because it was my fault

February 19th, 2007, 19:12
I've known boys who have taken--So called--'honest jobs' (I've never understood why go-go dancer or hooker is intrinsically dishonest when politician or evangelical minister is not.) and didn't last a week. It seems there's a big difference between working on the family farm and unloading trucks\stocking shelves at Big C. (How to put it?) The sticking point may be the 'more solitary' atmosphere of the latter. Working bar is more family-like, consider; they often return to the bar after a 'short-time' more to be with their friends: go eating, go disco...than get another off.

Sure, some turn to drugs--but is that due to the job?... or that they can now afford the drugs because of the job?...which works in reverse: A boy I know in Bangkok who turns a-trick-a-night--He's quite a (Self) salesman when he's 'wound up'--so he can afford the drug.

First trip to Pattaya; the most repulsive looking man I have ever seen in my life was leaving a bar with two boys: a tiny, timid one and a big stomping butch. My guide said, "Oh-oh," shook his head & rolled his eyes. Then they were picked up by the Royal Cliff limo. Guide said, "Mai Phen Rai." (The Thai Gilda Radner.)

Some of the best times I've had; some of the nicest, sweetest, funniest, most polite young Thai men I know, have definitely not been "Stars"--Not even second...or third...string. Admittedly; I have a Statue of Liberty reputation: "Give me your tired, your poor ... the wretched refuse...." An old friend used to call me, "Ward Eight," that was the trauma unit at the hospital where he worked.
There was a long-haired, 'older' man working the old Moonlight for a while. Other farang were laughing at him and making remarks like: "Knuckle dragger." "Plow-boy." "Plow boy, hell, pulled the damn thing!" and worse.
I was thinking, 'Aw.... poor baby's kind of cute.' Just then, someone else offed him! It's said, 'In this world there's someone for everyone.'
I think, sometimes, that someone is me. :cheers: