PDA

View Full Version : Airport Pickup???

February 12th, 2007, 19:19
Anyone know whether Tooms Taxi service is still operatiing? If not can anyone recommend a dependable service?

rincondog
February 12th, 2007, 21:57
Used them this past December. Right on time service

Doug
February 13th, 2007, 02:17
Last September, no problem, quick confirmation of my email, good driver, new car. The only negative was that the driver was a female.

February 13th, 2007, 06:43
Women drive quite well these days. They've been out of the kitchen in Thailand for a while now.

Or were you planning to blow your driver en route to Pattaya?

bao-bao
February 13th, 2007, 23:48
Based on posts here and a recommendation from a member via PM I also booked with Mr. Toom last October. The driver was at the hotel at least 20 minutes ahead of schedule, but waited patiently in the lobby for me to finish gathering my stuff to leave.

He asked if my friend and I wanted to make a rest stop or just drive directly to our hotel, and we went with the "Chonburi Hong Nam" option; actually agreeing to meet up with the car again after a 30 minute stop, which gave us time for a leisurely bowl of noodles and a 7-11 stop after the bladder drain. For the return trip he was again at the hotel a little ahead of schedule. We did the Chonburi rest stop and arrived back in BKK safe and sound.

The driver had been a taxi driver in BKK for 5 years before coming to work for Mr. Toom and was well past the daredevil style of driving, making for a restful drive both directions - I felt relaxed enough to nap a bit along the way.

RT was 1,200, should memory serve, and it was well worth it.

February 15th, 2007, 05:34
I used Mr. Toom's service in November, 2006. I found the service to be dependable. The car was newer and clean, the driver was on time, safe and courteous. Airport to Pattaya was 1,200 baht. I will use the service again. For those that want a cheaper option and do not mind taking a bus, Bell Travel Service goes to and from Pattaya and the airport for 150 baht each way. In Bangkok call 0-2747-4675 or in Pattaya 038-370-055.

bing
February 15th, 2007, 08:42
There are several options for air port pickups. I think Image is top of the line for airport trips but the nice car does cost about 1000 baht extra. I like the uniform the driver puts on,, a little vest, very tasteful. Actually the way I prefer is to let Howard's Guest House know the time I will arrive and have them take care of the details. All three times I have been met on time and given a nice ride back to Howards. Stopping about half way for a cool beverage at a 7/11 type store. As I recall the cost was like 1300 plus a little tip for the driver and 1500 baht took care of everything. Way better than calling and emailing trying to get exact information to someone I don't know..

February 15th, 2007, 14:46
Gems & Phon always worked well for me. Always on time. Good cars, polite drivrs. Less expensive than Image.

Gems & Phon Taxi & Van, 62/121 Moo 6 Pattaya,
Phone: 03873 - 4472 Fax: 03873 - 4472 Mobile: 081761 - 6455, 081305 - 5613
Email: gemsphon@loxinfo.co.th
Arrange any transport between Bangkok and Pattaya or anywhee in Thailand. There taxi service is friendly and reliable, at reasonable rates. Good cars, safe drivers.

Just write your flight details, confirm there price and pick up is guaranteed.