PDA

View Full Version : Thaivisa calculator for 90 days in 6 months

February 11th, 2007, 18:39
http://www.thaivisa.com/external/visa-calculator.html

This looks very handy. I hope that Immigration Police get something similar.

February 11th, 2007, 20:53
I'm afraid that if people need a calculator to see when their visas expire they are even more stupid than I thought!

February 11th, 2007, 22:42
http://www.thaivisa.com/external/visa-calculator.html

This looks very handy. I hope that Immigration Police get something similar.

They have, it is called a calendar.

To use it:
1. Go to the date of entry
2. Go to the date of exit
3. Count how many days that is and you have the answer.

To find out the month you look at the big words at the top of the calendar.
e.g. January, February, March. There are 12 months in one year so you can actually count them, then you know if you have reached your 90 days in six months. Six (6) comes after the number Five (5).

Hope that helps.

I understand that children as young as 3 years are taught how a calendar works :bounce:

jinks
February 12th, 2007, 00:06
I understand that children as young as 3 years are taught how a calendar works :bounce:

I don't think so looking at our calendar.

February 12th, 2007, 08:03
I think that the most difficult calculation is how many days in the six months since your date of arrival. In another trail someone reported - was it on thaivisa? - that Immigration took over 15 minutes to work out the sums. Mental arithmatic does not seem to be taught these days.

February 12th, 2007, 17:00
I think that the most difficult calculation is how many days in the six months since your date of arrival. In another trail someone reported - was it on thaivisa? - that Immigration took over 15 minutes to work out the sums. Mental arithmatic does not seem to be taught these days.

They only took 5 minutes with me, and then told me that I may need to wait before re-entering the kingdom. When I checked later, I calculated only 55 days in 6 months... Now I have printed a nice Excel spreadsheet so we don't need to make their minds work too much.

rincondog
February 12th, 2007, 22:02
It seems the immigration officer uses his finger calculator. OK, I guess, as long as no fingers are missing. I asked if the computer can't do that for him and he just smiled.

allieb
February 12th, 2007, 23:30
. Mental arithmetic does not seem to be taught these days.

But masters at mental arithmetic when it comes to money

And please please someone tell me, is it 3 stamps in a six month period or 90 days?

Can I enter Thailand 10 times in a six month period for and stay only 9 days each time?

rincondog
February 13th, 2007, 04:19
90 (ninety)

Sen Yai
February 13th, 2007, 04:23
Can I enter Thailand 10 times in a six month period for and stay only 9 days each time?

Yes :bounce:

bucknaway
February 13th, 2007, 05:14
Can I enter Thailand 10 times

Just be sure to use lots of lube on your passport. :cheers: