PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya hotel question again.....

February 8th, 2007, 21:49
Its been at least 2 years since I last visited Pattaya. The last time I was there, I stayed at Welcome Plaza hotel. Good location but I find the rooms old and very uninviting.
I'll be making a few days trip there in April and am considering Royal Twin, Royal Palace or the Welcome Plaza (if the rooms has been refurbished)..... any comments on these hotels? I would actually prefer a hotel with swimming pool as I really don't know what to do during the day time in Pattaya. Price range.. around bht1200. Thanks!!

February 8th, 2007, 23:27
Its been at least 2 years since I last visited Pattaya. The last time I was there, I stayed at Welcome Plaza hotel. Good location but I find the rooms old and very uninviting.
I'll be making a few days trip there in April and am considering Royal Twin, Royal Palace or the Welcome Plaza (if the rooms has been refurbished)..... any comments on these hotels? I would actually prefer a hotel with swimming pool as I really don't know what to do during the day time in Pattaya. Price range.. around bht1200. Thanks!!

Friends of mine who visit Pattaya choose the RP Twins over the RP. For some reason the RP is not very gay friendly whilst the RP Twins is, strange as both hotels have the same management. This could be to do with the clientele they try to attract, the RP is very family orientated whilst the PR Twins caters for a wider client base

My friends are visiting Pattaya in late April to early May and standard rooms at RPT in April are around 1200 whilst the RP is around 1400, the RP Twins has a good size pool. The welcome Plaze ( don't know if it has been upgraded) comes in at about 850 Baht a night and again a good size pool.

February 9th, 2007, 18:03
I may be wrong but believe, as of a couple years ago, they are no longer under the same ownership.

Royal Plaza is slightly better than the Welcome Plaza; will negotiate long term rates. Last I stayed there the manager assured me there would be no joiners fees but a couple desk clerks tried it on as did one security guard.

Rooms and bath rooms are large, same as Welcome, and housekeeping was better--But forget to tip the maid, every day, and she will cut off your bathroom fodder.

Recommend a front room (With balcony), preferably one on a bend: where the building angles. However, they book a lot of bus tours and fronts can be noisy around 8AM when busses start (reving engines) and drivers screaming in Chinese on loud-hailers. Take care getting on & off elevators: the tour bus crowd hit them like swat teams!...but you probably know that having stayed at Welcome Plaza.
The junior suites are nice but overpriced.

Water pressure was low on top floors, non existant from about 10 to 11 AM--Maybe fixed now but don't count on it.

All the lamps probably (still) have 25 watt bulbs. If you like to read, or see, go to the housewares store on Rd 2 and get a couple replacements--And the ones in my room were wired in series!... If one went out they all did.

If you can get a lower rate, without breakfast, do, and eat elsewhere. The food at Boat is much better.

February 9th, 2007, 19:59
I may be wrong but believe, as of a couple years ago, they are no longer under the same ownership.

Royal Plaza is slightly better than the Welcome Plaza; .

Both the Royal Palace Hotel and The Royal Twins are not only owned by the same company but have the same General Manager.

Maybe we are talking of different hotels unless your reference to Royal Plaza was meant to refer to Royal Palace? Of the three hotels on that block the Royal Twins is the more modern of the three.

February 10th, 2007, 17:07
I found this option very reasonable both in terms of price and facilities.

http://www.diamondcitypattaya.com/room_rates.html

kind regards.

February 10th, 2007, 17:36

Royal Plaza is slightly better than the Welcome Plaza; .

Both the Royal Palace Hotel and The Royal Twins are not only owned by the same company but have the same General Manager.

Maybe we are talking of different hotels unless your reference to Royal Plaza was meant to refer to Royal Palace? Of the three hotels on that block the Royal Twins is the more modern of the three.

Yes, you are right. Forgot I'd already had it & took my Adderall twice today. I does that.