PDA

View Full Version : High season OFF TOPIC

February 8th, 2007, 04:05
Low season is 16/May to 31/Oct, Off Peak season is 01/Mar to 15/May, High seasons are 07/Jan to 28/Feb & 01/Nov to 20/Dec, Peak season is 21/Dec to 06/JanWhat some vulgar guest house proprietor uses to differentiate between prices so as to maximise his revenue is hardly everyday parlance. I'm sure Basil Fawlty got up to similar tricks. However your source confirms my view that it's very much a Pattaya thing - for small minds with nothing better to do

February 8th, 2007, 12:05
Are you for real?

February 8th, 2007, 12:19
Oh, he's very real. I can attest to that...

February 8th, 2007, 13:01
Can I buy a ticket to watch?

TrongpaiExpat
February 8th, 2007, 13:09
Can I buy a ticket to watch?

Watch what? They are not going to meet face to face, they are both cowards.

February 8th, 2007, 13:32
One doesn't need to meet face to face to make someone's life a living hell (if provoked...).

February 8th, 2007, 13:57
One doesn't need to meet face to face to make someone's life a living hell (if provoked...).

I guess someone's provoking BG now?

Opinions are like .... But concepts like 'high season' seem to evade even the best. Just ask any travel agent when hotels are in high season and they'll get you a good average.

February 8th, 2007, 14:19
Are you for real?You raise an interesting philosophical point. What is "real"? And until we know the answer to that question, can we be for it or against it? Quantum physics would have us believe that we can be in two minds at once, while the conundrum about Schroedinger's Cat, in this context, probably (but no more than probably) means that I don't know my own opinions for certain until I express them. The same principle applies, in a way, to Zen Navigation, the concept first introduced in The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul (or possibly Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency)

However I'm reasonably confident that Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle doesn't apply to my statement "Maybe the distinction applies in Pattaya where focusing on the small things in life seems such an obsession"; equally Basil Fawlty is the archetype of guest house proprietors and anyone in business will (and should) do whatever it takes to maximize their revenue. The latter principle almost certainly applies to that other thread about life on Fantasy Island - the role of the mamasan. Beyond that I'm not sure that one can know anything much, and therefore one's being for or against "real" is, at best, an interesting academic diversion. I do hope that's been of help (at least, I think I hope)

http://www.galactic-guide.com/articles/8R56.html
http://www.aip.org/history/heisenberg/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Gentl ... ive_Agency (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Gently%27s_Holistic_Detective_Agency)

catawampuscat
February 8th, 2007, 14:26
This has been perplexing me since I arrived in Pattaya and I still wonder about the conundrum about Schroedinger's Cat..
The colonel's got to get out more and get over Schroedinger's Cat.. I know I did, althou I am uncertain if this is all real..
maybe getting off topic here but I am sure it belongs on the Gay Thailand forum. :cat:

February 8th, 2007, 19:12
Low season is 16/May to 31/Oct, Off Peak season is 01/Mar to 15/May, High seasons are 07/Jan to 28/Feb & 01/Nov to 20/Dec, Peak season is 21/Dec to 06/JanWhat some vulgar guest house proprietor uses to differentiate between prices so as to maximize his revenue is hardly everyday parlance. I'm sure Basil Fawlty got up to similar tricks. However your source confirms my view that it's very much a Pattaya thing - for small minds with nothing better to do

The Hole In the (Cat) Box:
A few years ago, when a certain Pattaya guest-house\bar manager\madam used to grace message boards (Using his\her well-know name, then.) (s)he declared, 'There is no longer such a thing as high & low season; all bumper season!'
(Devils Dictionary: Always open-season on punters: 'You catch `em, I'll skin `em!), or something like that.