PDA

View Full Version : Thai Airways increases daily non-stops NYC and LAX to BKK...

travelerjim
February 8th, 2007, 16:06
Thai Airways has announced an increase to daily non-stop flights from JFK and LAX airports in USA to Bangkok.

Just as they had announced they might do away with the non-stop flights - they have reversed themselves and here is the announcement as appeared on Flyer Talk Message Board for Thai Airways:

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657088 .

Daily to JFK starting May1

I thought this might warrant its' own thread, as the news is decidedly different than "Thai may cut flights to US." Please excuse me if I was wrong.

This was put on the Thai USA site yesterday:

THAI AIRWAYS Increases Flights between the United States and Bangkok Starting MAY 1, 2007

THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL PCL is pleased to announce a change in flight schedule between Los Angeles and Bangkok and New York to Bangkok, adding extra flights to their current non-stop flight schedule to Bangkok.

Starting May 1, 2007, passengers can enjoy the comfort of THAI's A340-500 with the new Royal Silk Class and Premium Economy Class six times per week between Los Angeles and Bangkok on MON / WED / THU / FRI / SAT / SUN and seven days per week between New York and Bangkok on MON / TUE / WED / THU / FRI / SAT / SUN.

I have started a new thread about this as it would be missed buy many - in a thread - recent discussion about an airfare sale on United and Northwest Air to BKK from the USA.

TravelerJim

fedssocr
February 9th, 2007, 01:37
isn't this all still in a state of flux? The daily service announcement was leaked and/or rumored for a long time with the imminent arrival of their final A340-500. But then in the interim we had the president of the company saying that those routes were too expensive to operate as non-stops and that they were considering replacing them with connecting service and less comfortable aircarft. And now we have an official announcement of the original plan. My guess is that they could still very well decide to cut the non-stops and replace them with daily connecting service.

There are lots of connecting options out there though which would make TG's flights less desirable. I almost have enough miles for a 1st class FF ticket so I may explore that route even though seats are hard to come by. I can fly Washington to BKK via NRT on ANA which is supposed to have very good service. I could also go Air Canada via Toronto and sit in their nice sleeper pod seat which looks way more comfortable than the slanting biz class seat on TG's A340.