View Full Version : High Season

February 6th, 2007, 22:16
Just spoke with a friend of mine that is in thailand now and he said the bars have very few customers and that the boys are really hurting. Sounds like this may be the slowest high season yet.

Jetsam
February 7th, 2007, 00:29
Isn't that what we hear every year?

Smiles
February 7th, 2007, 01:46
" ... Isn't that what we hear every year? ... "
Pretty well.

In all the years I've been prowling the gay Thailand message boards I've never, ever, heard anything along the lines of: " ... Pattaya is going NUTS!!! The busiest, craziest, most boy-filled high season EVER!!!!! How do they do it for the money??? .... "

Cheers ...

February 7th, 2007, 01:50
Isn't that what we hear every year?

About Phuket : a lot less people as last year and in the bars. And i been told ( rumor ) that even Tangmobar is getting in problems.

Pattaya ? BF special complain about the busy and i believe him because his on the chat every night what means .... :clown:

I go look myself to tell you ! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

February 7th, 2007, 17:32
BF special complain about the busy and I believe him

Maybe the '(Too) busy' is why they are really hurting?

I go look myself to tell you!

Bringing a proctoscope, are you, baziel? :cheers:

February 7th, 2007, 18:00
I wonder when people think the "high season" is. Generally it coincides with the winter break that many people have around Xmas/New Year and therefore only ever runs from just before Xmas to just after New Year - at most between 2 and 3 weeks. It's now early February. The "high season" is well and truly over - unless people are such egotists as to assume "it's the high season whenever I'm here". I do accept that when Pearl, Edith or Thanpuying Sanitree are around, it's high season every day, but such bright stars in the constellation are rare

February 7th, 2007, 21:29
You are confusing high season with peak season. Peak season is clearly late Dec, early Jan. High season is November through February. What's so hard about that?

February 8th, 2007, 00:28
" ... Isn't that what we hear every year? ... "
Pretty well.

In all the years I've been prowling the gay Thailand message boards I've never, ever, heard anything along the lines of: " ... Pattaya is going NUTS!!! The busiest, craziest, most boy-filled high season EVER!!!!! How do they do it for the money??? .... "

Cheers ...

That's easy, Smiles, they don't. They do it for love.

February 8th, 2007, 03:24
You are confusing high season with peak season. Peak season is clearly late Dec, early Jan. High season is November through February. What's so hard about that?Nothing, except I've lived here 20 years and I've never heard of such a distinction - nor have I ever heard of something called the "peak season" in relation to Thailand. Perhaps I should get out more. Maybe the distinction applies in Pattaya where focusing on the small things in life seems such an obsession

February 8th, 2007, 03:59
You are confusing high season with peak season. Peak season is clearly late Dec, early Jan. High season is November through February. What's so hard about that?Nothing, except I've lived here 20 years and I've never heard of such a distinction - nor have I ever heard of something called the "peak season" in relation to Thailand. Perhaps I should get out more. Maybe the distinction applies in Pattaya where focusing on the small things in life seems such an obsession
You are a silly old bugger, aren't you?

http://www.travelideas.net/hotels/Thail ... sort_Hotel (http://www.travelideas.net/hotels/Thailand/Pattaya/Rabbit_Resort_Hotel)

Low season is 16/May to 31/Oct, Off Peak season is 01/Mar to 15/May, High seasons are 07/Jan to 28/Feb & 01/Nov to 20/Dec, Peak season is 21/Dec to 06/Jan.

February 8th, 2007, 17:03
Ha ha, very funny Colonel - seriously. But tell me, are you only one person. I read your Blogs (all three) and your home page, and all your posts over the last two weeks. You know too much for only one man. I reckon there are three or four of you taking turns to log on as "homintern" and writing about different things. Maybe one of you lives in Bangkok. The rest don't. I looked up "homintern" on Google. It means "the international homosexual conspiracy that rules the world". I think that's you. And you. And you.

Will the real homintern please stand up!

February 8th, 2007, 18:02
I looked up "homintern" on Google. It means "the international homosexual conspiracy that rules the world".

I'd ask, 'Where does one sign up?' but probably been black-balled too many times: my weakness for the dark ones, don't you know; so bad I was once thrown out of Suddenly Last Summer for talking...Okay, yelling...at Sebastian: 'Bored with the dark ones, hungry for the light ones,' "Send them to me, you silly slitch!

But, seriously; (Moi?) I think, the international homosexual conspiracy that rules the world is a figment of someone's paranoia, AKA Four-F syndrome: Fear of being Followed by Festive Fairies, not to be confused with Fear of being Followed by Future Farmers or in the advanced state, Followed by Four-F Club (Find `em, Feel `em, etc.) members. Happily, I have no such fears: why I have such a large following behind, or phobias, with the exception of Melophobia & Lachanophobia which I suspect was brought on by seeing the Colonel bending over for the produce manager at Foodland and thinking I was being attacked by an embuggered honeydew melon!