View Full Version : Thaifly USA to BKK sale from $485+ on NW & United

travelerjim
February 6th, 2007, 16:48
Thaifly has an airfare sale for USA to Bangkok flights on Northwest and United Airlines.

The NW flights do earn frequent flyer miles too...Not sure about United.

Here is the link and release they e-mailed today:

http://www.thaifly.com/Home/Hilight/US-airfare.php .

Many cities are on sale....Great time to be in Thailand!

February 6th, 2007, 22:22
I took a quick look at that page but didn't click any links -- are those prices round-trip (return)? If so, they are GREAT prices!

travelerjim
February 6th, 2007, 22:47
I took a quick look at that page but didn't click any links -- are those prices round-trip (return)? If so, they are GREAT prices!

Yes, the prices are roundtrip/return ...plus teh usual taxes and fees the airlines have now.

Buy great prices...and you must contact Thaifly to get them.
They are not for sale on the Northwest or United websites.
I have been expecting some sort of sale from NW and here it is... :-)

The NW flights are in "H" Class or other coach economy classes.
They do earn full 100% frequent flyer miles credits on NW WorldPerks...and on its partner airlines worldwide.
even though it is a deeply discounted fare.

I have bought airline tickets for NW using Thaifly before.
They have an office in Bangkok and Chicago, IL USA.

There "on-line" talk to a live agent is great and very helpful.

TravelerJim

February 6th, 2007, 23:57
Travelerjim always puts out a price like that to lure people.
Don't forget to add the tax and fees. I bet, with tax and fees, it will come up to at least USD800 per roundtrip. It is still a good price, altough no where in the $400 range.

February 7th, 2007, 00:14
ok. I just checked on Thaifly and United.

Outbound: March 4, return: March 20. From USA to BKK roundtrip

SFO-BKK roundtrip including tax--
Thailfy.com: $820
United.com: $800.10

LAX-BKK roundtrip including tax--
Thaifly.com: $830
United.com: $785.10

So why should I book it on Thaifly.com?

travelerjim
February 7th, 2007, 01:47
Travelerjim always puts out a price like that to lure people.
Don't forget to add the tax and fees. I bet, with tax and fees, it will come up to at least USD800 per roundtrip. It is still a good price, altough no where in the $400 range.

Scott123,

I shared the message from Thaifly only to make one aware that there was an airfare sale on offer on their web page.

Indeed, I have never sought to "lure" people...my intent has and is always to make one "aware" of the different offers available for flights to Thailand.

In fact, there are many times in which Thaifly and a few others...

(such as Best Travel Store... at http://www.bt-store.com/ .

Their Asia Airfare Sale webpage is at:

http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp?Cat ... AreaID=0_2 (http://www.bt-store.com/default.asp?CatID=10&PageID=10&GeoAreaID=0_2) .

- do clearly fact beat NW - because they have available the "H" Class airfare which is NOT available on NW website. And, the "H" fare has an "up to 180 days return" vs the usual 30 or 45 days that NW may make available if they have a sale from their website.

United Airlines does have - as you have pointed out - some good fares - some times of the year - which are available on their website.

All we can do is "shop" the market and see what is best for one's personal situation.

And, thanks for checking and sharing the info on the comparisons regarding United.
It does pay to shop and compare!

TravelerJim

travelerjim
February 7th, 2007, 02:05
ok. I just checked on Thaifly and United.

Outbound: March 4, return: March 20. From USA to BKK roundtrip

Thailfy.com: $820
United.com: $800.10

Thaifly.com: $830
United.com: $785.10

So why should I book it on Thaifly.com?

I checked Best Travel Store....for comparison using same dates as yours above:

United.com 800.10
bt-store.com 770.00 (for United flights)

United.com $785.10 (for United flights)
bt-store.com $781.00

It does pay to shop and compare...
Happy airfare hunting :-)

TravelerJim

kodiak
February 7th, 2007, 23:40
I booked Thai Airways LAX to BKK leaving Feb 16th returning March 4th Non Stp direct flight aisle seats $1082 dollars including all taxes etc.......for the little bit more...im excited to try the non staop flight..!!

manfarang-old
February 8th, 2007, 10:40
I booked Thai Airways LAX to BKK leaving Feb 16th returning March 4th Non Stp direct flight aisle seats $1082 dollars including all taxes etc.......for the little bit more...im excited to try the non staop flight..!!A recent article in the Bangkok Post incited a brief scare that Thai Air was going to terminate its nonstops from LAX and JFK. About 3 days after the article appeared, Thai Air announced (http://www.thaiairwaysusa.com/EN/News/NewsDescription.aspx?Id=24)that, beginning May 1, it was increasing the number of the nonstop flights to 6 days a week for LAX and 7 days a week for JFK. You should enjoy the flight, kodiak. The economy seats offer 38 inches of legroom and the inflight entertainment system is state-of-the-art.

TrongpaiExpat
February 8th, 2007, 11:05
Thanks Manfarang, I belong to Thai FF news but for some reason I did not get that. Funny, scare everyone away and then offer more flights.

The THAI non-stop is wonderful. Less hours = less stress for the body. Eco/deluxe is a good option.

catawampuscat
February 8th, 2007, 13:17
I don't know how TJ missed the increase in non stops on Thai Air to NYC and LAX. I was under the impression that
they were ending these non stops flights soon and now it appears the opposite. what's the story TJ? or anyone out there..

travelerjim
February 8th, 2007, 15:57
I don't know how TJ missed the increase in non stops on Thai Air to NYC and LAX. I was under the impression that
they were ending these non stops flights soon and now it appears the opposite. what's the story TJ? or anyone out there..

Well Cat...

I guess I missed it...I am as surprised an anyone else ...
considering the reports in the Bangkok Post about there possible doing away with the non-stops.

I have not seen any announcement about the increased flights weekly for the non-stops...
Nothing in the newspapers...
Maybe the airline got so many calls and e-mails they decided to "reconsider" ...

But here is the message board posting about the increased flights...from http://www.flyertalk.com

Daily to JFK starting May1
I thought this might warrant its' own thread, as the news is decidedly different than "Thai may cut flights to US." Please excuse me if I was wrong.

This was put on the Thai USA site yesterday:

THAI AIRWAYS Increases Flights between the United States and Bangkok Starting MAY 1, 2007

THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL PCL is pleased to announce a change in flight schedule between Los Angeles and Bangkok and New York to Bangkok, adding extra flights to their current non-stop flight schedule to Bangkok.

Starting May 1, 2007, passengers can enjoy the comfort of THAI's A340-500 with the new Royal Silk Class and Premium Economy Class six times per week between Los Angeles and Bangkok on MON / WED / THU / FRI / SAT / SUN and seven days per week between New York and Bangkok on MON / TUE / WED / THU / FRI / SAT / SUN.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657088 .

As they say ... "TIT"..

TravelerJim