PDA

View Full Version : Old news story of murdered Bangkok gym owner?

February 5th, 2007, 22:29
Sorry to bother you all with this, but I was trying to recall the news story about a gay gym owner who was murdered in Bangkok a while ago. I know I read about it either here or on the old Sawatdee Forum, but the search function turns up nothing.

Does this story ring a bell with anybody? If so, can they direct me to the old thread with info, or summarize the basic facts about what happened, please? This popped up in conversation with a friend tonight, and I thought it was the Silom Fitness Center by the Dusit Thani but am very unclear about the details.

February 6th, 2007, 07:26
I seem to recall that the man was Taiwanese, and not a gym owner but a supplier of gym equipment. Murdered by one of his staff.

bucknaway
February 6th, 2007, 08:56
Is this the story?

■ Shooting
Man killed in Bangkok
Unidentified attackers fatally shot the Taiwanese owner of a Bangkok fitness center and his Thai employee, and beat to death a security guard, police said yesterday. The body of Liu Isang, 44, was found in the bedroom of his second-floor apartment above his business, which included a sports equipment shop and a fitness center, said police Lieutenant Namchoke Khunavichai. Police are working on the theory that the killings were motivated by personal conflict because there was no sign of robbery in the house or the shop, Namchoke said. He said a Thai man who worked for Liu was found dead in the bathroom, also with gunshot wounds. The third victim, a security guard, was beaten to death on the ground floor of the building, he said. The attackers are believe to have killed the victims during the night and the bodies were discovered yesterday by other employees, he said. No other details were available.

bucknaway
February 6th, 2007, 09:11
Here is a tiny snip I found also.

City Sport owner, lover, guard killed.

COPYRIGHT 2004 Financial Times Ltd.

(From Bangkok Post)

Thailand's top fitness equipment dealer, his boyfriend and a security guard were found murdered at his fitness centre in Bung Kum district yesterday.

The body of Liu Isang, 44, was lying in a bedroom with gunshot wounds to his head. The naked body of his 22-year-old...

February 6th, 2007, 09:12
Yes, that's it.

catawampuscat
February 6th, 2007, 09:47
I recently heard about a farang who had a boy/man over to his apartment. He had met the boy/man over the internet
and lives in BKK. The boy/man proceeded to tie up the farang for several days and maxed out the daily limit from the
farang's ATM. Being tied up with a gag in your mouth might appeal to some fringe festish lovers but the message is
there is a clear danger in meeting an internet date in your home and no on should play tie me up games or lets use
the handcuffs game with tricks or strangers.

This farang was lucky to have survived and tell the story. It was mentioned that the bastard was Indian(Pakistani/Sri Lankan?)/Thai and there have been other stories of farangs going to the room of the Indian/Thai and
being robbed, tied up and cleaned out of their ATM funds. Maybe the same guy or guys.. A word to the wise and all that jazz!!!

February 6th, 2007, 10:06
Many thanks to all who replied. That is indeed the story that eluded my memory/recall. Somehow I had been thinking it involved Silom Fitness, but clearly I was wrong. Thanks again!