PDA

View Full Version : Thai Guys in Los Angeles - Where are They?

February 5th, 2007, 09:33
This is my first post here and might seem easy to dismiss... but it is a legitimate question.

I recently ended a 1 1/2 year relationship with a guy in Thailand because ultimately, I wasn't going to move there and he wasn't going to moving here. It was difficult to end, and difficult having a long-term long-distance relationship.

So, I'm here in Los Angeles, which has a huge Thai population, but I rarely see gay Thai guys here. I guess I'm not looking in the right places. I'm not so much into bars, but maybe that's where I need to be going?

Hope this isn't sounding too much like a pathetic personal ad, because Im not looking for quick sex or hookups - as I said, it is a legitimate question and any thoughts/comments or advice would be appreciated.

Dboy
February 5th, 2007, 14:41
This is my first post here and might seem easy to dismiss... but it is a legitimate question.

I recently ended a 1 1/2 year relationship with a guy in Thailand because ultimately, I wasn't going to move there and he wasn't going to moving here. It was difficult to end, and difficult having a long-term long-distance relationship.

So, I'm here in Los Angeles, which has a huge Thai population, but I rarely see gay Thai guys here. I guess I'm not looking in the right places. I'm not so much into bars, but maybe that's where I need to be going?

Hope this isn't sounding too much like a pathetic personal ad, because Im not looking for quick sex or hookups - as I said, it is a legitimate question and any thoughts/comments or advice would be appreciated.

Very simple to accomplish. Find your local Thai temple....and go:-) This was also one of my 'secrets' in learning (and still learning) Thai language. Some Thai temples in the US offer free language courses. You never know who you might meet doing that, and of course they'll be flattered by your interest in the language and culture.

Another option (which i also do) is start shopping at the Thai markets (and the only place to find those awesome thai red chili's).

You're right, long-distance relationships like that are doomed.

Dboy

...and welcome to the board

February 5th, 2007, 15:26
Thai guys in the US are very different than Thai guys in Thailand.

TrongpaiExpat
February 5th, 2007, 18:52
There's a bar in LA, Red Dragon or something like that where gay Asians go. Most large cities have at least one bar where there are more Asians than farangs. In NYC it's the WEB.

In my experience, yes they are different if you mean there not Issan farm boys selling their bodies to anyone with the baht. They are middle class and upper class Thais with more education.

February 5th, 2007, 19:09
Check out the Long Yang Club in your area....may be some help.

http://www.longyangclub.org/newsite/about.htm

Good hunting!!! :compress:

February 5th, 2007, 20:59
Why is it that you think you need a Thai boy?

Let me guess. You came to Thailand as a tourist, and found -- for the first time in decades -- that young guys were interested in you. You mistakenly thought it was for your nice personality and snappy dress sense, but in actuality it was because of your money. You fell in with a boy prostitute one half, one third, or even one quarter your age. He made you feel like you still had some semblance of desirability, while you provided material things. A match made in heaven, and one all-too-often miscontrued as true love.

Unfortunately, the INS saw him for what he was -- and there's no chance in hell he's getting into the US. That's just as well, because he probably would have dumped you the second he got on his feet there and found out that the streets are paved with younger, better looking, and richer guys than you.

So, here you are, once again a lonely old man with no chance whatsoever of finding flesh younger than your own. You think fondly back to Thailand, and wonder if maybe...just maybe...you could find the same kind of relationship with a Thai boy who is already in the US.

Well, you can forget it. No Thai boy who is already in the US has any need for you whatsoever. He's made it already, and you're just another old man to him. Why on earth would he even give you the time of day?

Did I get any of that right?

Jetsam
February 5th, 2007, 22:41

You fell in with a boy prostitute one half, one third, or even one quarter your age.

Where did the topicstarter say that he had a relationship with a moneyboy ? and I also can't see any age reference , maybe the Thai guy was older than him.

February 5th, 2007, 22:57
Ok thanks all for the advice.

Just to clarify:
Why do I think I need a Thai boy?
Well, not really interested in a "boy" first of all. And I don't "need" anyone. But it would be nice!

My bf in Thailand was not a prostitute, and I'm not an old man...I am 39, he was 31 and a business owner. He never tried to get a visa and frankly I think he had a good chance. I think it was more about fear of leaving what he was familiar with. He really wanted me to live there, but I just can't.

Yes, there is a large Thai temple here and I've been several times but seems to be mostly older people and families there. It's an interesting place though, and they have a great weekend food festival, so I go back occasionally with friends. I have the same experience shopping in Thai town, which I've done - I mostly see older people.

I've heard of Red Dragon, I will check that out.

February 5th, 2007, 23:23
Try gaydar.

catawampuscat
February 5th, 2007, 23:33
Our resident know-it-all erred just a bit this time and wouldn't it be refreshing if he admitted it
and said oops, I goofed, or something approximating an apology..

Frankly, boygeeynus made a good guess and probably would have be correct in the vast majority
of cases but not this time.

BTY, the internet is another way to go, as just mentioned, gaydar as well as many others.

Come on bg, pacificguy seems genuine and deserved to be treated with a little more respect than you extended to him.. :cat:

dab69
February 6th, 2007, 01:18
Thai guys in the US are very different than Thai guys in Thailand.

my first Thai friend was here in midwest USA
and wanted to "borrow" some money or my mastercard
the morning after our first encounter for clothes shopping.
our relationship cooled significantly after i declined,
but reheated later...

February 6th, 2007, 01:50
...he was 31 and a business owner. He never tried to get a visa and frankly I think he had a good chance...

I am curious what kind of bussiness he owns at the age of 31. Do you mean his family own the bussiness or he independently owns the bussiness. (My 29 yo Thai friend owns a T-shirt stall in Jatucha market, and a 45 yo Thai friend owns a candle store in Erawan shopping mall)

And on what basis he plans to apply for immigration to the U.S.? A Visa is a permisson to visit U.S., not a permisson to MOVE to U.S., frankly, a tourist visa or student visa is fairly easy to get if the person can manage to gather enough deposit in the bank. (by borrowing money from family and friends, and the deposit amount do not need to be huge either)
Of course, it's a different story if he plans to stay in the U.S. illegally once he gets there

February 6th, 2007, 02:47
BG: Give it a break! While you make valid assumptions about a lot of things, you can't be right all the time. Is it too difficult to give a guy the courtesy to ask a valid question without feeling the need to bag on him?

I have played the game with the long distance boyfriends in Thailand who where half my age and yes they were moneyboys. But we were able for the most part to have relationships that were satisfactory to both parties. Nothing wrong with these relationships as long as both parties have their eyes open. Fortunately I was able to develop genuine friendships with these guys which have continued long after we were no longer together because they were able to see something good in me they thought worth hanging on to and vise versa me with them.

I have been fortunate to meet a Thai guy here in Los Angeles. He is 26 years old and is a Master's Degree student attending a top university. He is here on a scholarship program from the Thai government. I can't figure it out myself but he adores me for some reason. His lifestyle has not changed since he met me as I am providing no financial assistance to him. Unfortunately we are limited to spending weekends together at his place but with his studies and my work we enjoy those times together. He will return to Thailand after his education is completed and it will be a sad day for both of us. Neither of us knows what the future holds for us but we are enjoying the time together. Many might ask how a 26 year old Thai can possibly be interested in a 60 year old with all the available hot white meat around a university campus. That very question was on my mind a lot in the beginning. As I got to know my guy I found his interest in me to be genuine. It can happen and he sees something in me beside the hot sex another 26 year old could give him. I stopped wondering about it and I'm going with the flow. Who am I to question his likes and dislikes?

As to the question of where to meet Thai (or other Asian) guys in Los Angeles, I have been floating around the gay scene in LA longer than I care to remember but in West Hollywood it is Micky's, the Abbey, and Rage since there are no stricly Asian bars of which I am aware. You mentioned not being a clubber but those are the places you would most likely find some floating around (Micky's used to have the most Asians of the three, Rage the least). Amazingly enough you do occasionally see a number of middle age farangs with younger Asian guys who are not moneyboys. I have noticed now that when I am out with my Thai guy I get more looks from other Asian guys as they suddenly view me as someone interested in Asians. You see it is also a challenge for Asians (if they are interested in white meat) to meet white guys also interested in Asians. I am not sure whether Red Dragon still operates or not. It was a monthly party at the old El Rey theater on Wilshire Blvd but have not seen it advertised for some time now. I have a profile on Fridae.com and I do get messages now and then from Asian guys here in the USA. Who knows you might get lucky. There are lots of guys floating around on gaydar, and the other internets sites. Seems like most of them are looking for quick hook ups but there are some there who seem to want more than a one nighter. Don't waste your time in Thai town as it would probably be a waste of time, although I have been in the Siam Square supermarket and seen farang/Thai couples at times. Great supermarket for Thai food stuffs by the way. So good luck. PM me if you would like to chat some more.

February 6th, 2007, 04:41
As a long time resident of LA, I have alot of experience dating asians in LA. Thai guys are hard to find, and the one's you do.. seem to thing they deserve Brad Pitt (no matter what they look like). Chinese guys in LA (especially Orange County) are often sticky rice nowdays and won't give you the time of day. Your best bet is Filippinos or Vietnamese guys.. as they seem to have more of a preference for farangs (in particular, older ones).

As to hanging out at the clubs.. unless you are muscle bound and under 35, forget it. You might as well be wallpaper. The clubs in LA are very "clickish". If they don't know you.. they will not talk to you. It's not like bangkok clubs or bars.

I'll stick with my long distance romance (he's NOT a moneyboy) until I can move there in about 2 or 3 years.

February 6th, 2007, 04:50
What a nice response to the search for information.
That is what i thought this forum was for.
I am sure the original poster appreciates your response.
It was sure better that other responses here.

February 6th, 2007, 05:33
Wow! Thank you guys. I was really afraid this would get ripped apart (1 ouf of 15 is pretty good!).

Bob, I really appreciate your response and will PM you later when I have more time.

andrewcraig
February 6th, 2007, 05:45

So, here you are{ back in the US] once again a lonely old man with no chance whatsoever of finding flesh younger than your own. You think fondly back to Thailand, and wonder if maybe...just maybe...you could find the same kind of relationship with a Thai boy who is already in the US.

Well, you can forget it. No Thai boy who is already in the US has any need for you whatsoever. He's made it already, and you're just another old man to him. Why on earth would he even give you the time of day?

Yes now we understand why you live in thailand, " a lonely old man with no chance of finding younger flesh than your own."

obviously even that does not seem to be successful for you, bitter and twisted a misfit in your own country and in thailand as well

February 6th, 2007, 09:29

Let me guess. You came to Thailand as a tourist, and found -- for the first time in decades -- that young guys were interested in you. You mistakenly thought it was for your nice personality and snappy dress sense, but in actuality it was because of your money. You fell in with a boy prostitute one half, one third, or even one quarter your age. He made you feel like you still had some semblance of desirability, while you provided material things. A match made in heaven, and one all-too-often miscontrued as true love.

Unfortunately, the INS saw him for what he was -- and there's no chance in hell he's getting into the US. That's just as well, because he probably would have dumped you the second he got on his feet there and found out that the streets are paved with younger, better looking, and richer guys than you.

So, here you are, once again a lonely old man with no chance whatsoever of finding flesh younger than your own. You think fondly back to Thailand, and wonder if maybe...just maybe...you could find the same kind of relationship with a Thai boy who is already in the US.

Let me get this right:

When a farang, presumably a white man, said that he is in a relationship with a Thai man, the automatic assumption is that:

1. The Farang is the wealthier half
2. The Thai man (or as you said "Boy") is the poor isaan farmer and money grabbing opportunist
3. The Thai man was a former prostitute (what does this make the farang? a saint?)
4. The Thai man is using the farang to move to the farang's country of origin
5. It's a may-december relationship (I mean december the following year).

If all of the above is true , boy am I glad to be an Asian man not of Thai origin in this forum amongst saints.

bucknaway
February 6th, 2007, 09:48
you can also try http://vs.vietfun.com/index.php?l=1

February 6th, 2007, 10:45
you can also try http://vs.vietfun.com/index.php?l=1

The OP said specifically that he wanted a THAI guy. Not an "Asian" guy...a Thai guy. Perhaps a fetishist?

catawampuscat
February 6th, 2007, 18:07
really weak attempt to explain pompous behavior bg.. so easy to say sorry but so difficult for some of us
to say we were wrong and move on.. :cat:

February 7th, 2007, 04:33
Earlier Scott stated that tourist visas to the US are easy for Thai guys to get. I have found that is NOT the case...tourist visas to the US are very difficult to obtain. Is Scott right? I'd be interested to hear any success stories.

Also, as I was reading bg's response to John's original query, I was struck by the implication (and what seems to be a popularly held opinion among gay farang) that because a Thai guy works as a "prostitute" he is somehow incapable of being honest or of loving and is completely undeserving of sympathy, compassion, or affection. I find that attitude repulsive. I'm sure there are some bad apples out there worthy of contempt, but to paint all of the guys with the same brush is, in my opinion, deplorable and grossly unfair. Please excuse me if I misread.

Dboy
February 7th, 2007, 07:46
Don't assume every poster here is an old working class bus driver. Some of us are younger guys who own our own companies, don't have to pay for sex (at least not all the time), and have generally ok lives. We're not all pathetic losers. And even if you are older, you still don't *have* to be a loser. Jack Nicholson is about 70 years old and he can molest me any day (I hear he's into spanking).

pacificguy: good luck on your search. Wish we had a food festival at my local wat. I noticed your comment:

"I think it was more about fear of leaving what he was familiar with. He really wanted me to live there, but I just can't. "

That is SO true. Thailand is a great country, and most Thais don't want to ever leave. If you want a culture that travels and moves around, try the philippines. It's quite normal for families there to have various family members all over the world. In my opinion it seems more reasonable for you to move to thailand that to expect a thai to move to LA. Why would you ever pick LA over thailand anyway?

Dboy

February 7th, 2007, 09:13
Earlier Scott stated that tourist visas to the US are easy for Thai guys to get. I have found that is NOT the case...tourist visas to the US are very difficult to obtain. Is Scott right? I'd be interested to hear any success stories.

To be clear, I did not say tourist visa are easy for thai guys to get. I said it is not difficult, provided you have financial proof (or job proof..etc). I have thai friends who have corporate jobs, teaching jobs, flight attendants...etc. Some of them are U.S. educated or visited U.S. multiple times. They don't seem to think it is a difficult thing to visit U.S. In fact, quite a few of them prefer visiting Europe now, simply beause it is more fun there.
Now if we are talking about someone selling T-shirt or even bar boys....I am sure it would be a different story.

Also, as I was reading bg's response to John's original query, I was struck by the implication (and what seems to be a popularly held opinion among gay farang) that because a Thai guy works as a "prostitute" he is somehow incapable of being honest or of loving and is completely undeserving of sympathy, compassion, or affection. I find that attitude repulsive. I'm sure there are some bad apples out there worthy of contempt, but to paint all of the guys with the same brush is, in my opinion, deplorable and grossly unfair. Please excuse me if I misread.

I am sure many bar boys/money boys (or "prostitutes" in your term) are capable of being honest and loving..blah blah blah.
But why would I waste my time analyzing their intend or their capability, when I can spend time with other thai guys of quality.
I simply do not develop any relastionship with "prostitues". I hire them solely for entertainment purpose. For me, it is a bussiness transaction, I spend money to buy a product/service. That is all.

February 7th, 2007, 13:11
The only gay Thai bar in LA is The Stone. It is on Hollywood Blvd near Vermont in Thai Town. It is only gay on Saturday night. It draws a good local crowd from theThai Town area and a number of Thai university students here in LA on educational visas. There are few farang customers.

February 7th, 2007, 13:42
Um where are all the good looking Thai men in hong-kong (thought I would try my luck as everyone here is so obliging) I am desperate for a proper Thai massage, the Chinese one leaves me cold, all that pressure point rubbish and red marks and bruising, really, just because we have on average a cock exactly twice their size is no reason to get all face saving and brutal.
Please I am desperate. I will pay very well.

February 7th, 2007, 13:57
Long time Los Angeles resident here. Please note:

Clubs:
1. "Rage" (West Hollywood) on Friday night- also known as "Game Boi". Very cute younger guys who usually arrive in groups. The guys here
can have lots of attitude and are not always easy to catch. It helps if you're fit, cute, and not close to retirement age.
2. "Micky's" (West Hollywood) on Saturday night- most Asian of all the nights. Much less attitude then Rage but an older Asian crowd.
3. "Club Asia" (Long Beach). The 1st & 3rd Saturday of every month. A real mix of guys with a large Vietnamese contingent. Some nights
are better than others. Parking is a real bitch here. Arrive early.
4. "The Abbey" (West Hollywood). THE place to meet. Very mixed crowd. Many Asians here on the weekend. Get there early if you don't
want to stand in line. Very expensive drink prices.
5. "The Stone" (Hollywood) on Saturday night. See above post. Local bar feel. Not that many cute Asians but some. It's a hit or miss
type place. Much older Caucasian crowd. No attitude and drink prices are modest.

Websites:
Most Asians are on "adam4adam.com" and "gay.com". "Gaydar" and "Fridae" are much more popular in Europe and Asia than the USA. You can find
some cute Asians in LA with the latter but not too many. Stick with "gay.com" or "adam4adam".

Since you're under 40 you really shouldn't have any problem finding a cute Asian guy to date or have sex with- provided you're in decent shape and not some whack job. Some of the advice given by other posters is spot on. Yes, Asians in the USA are much different than their native counterparts. They don't need or want your money (in most cases) and have a decent choice of cute Caucasian guys to hang out with. Los Angeles has the largest concentration of Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino, and Cambodian citizens anywhere in the world outside of their native countries. It places 2nd behind San Francisco in terms of Chinese citizens. So, there are plenty of gay Asian guys to choose from here. Do your homework. Get out more. And, of course, good luck.

Cheers!!

February 8th, 2007, 00:50
Ok thanks all for the advice.
My bf in Thailand was not a prostitute, and I'm not an old man...I am 39, he was 31 and a business owner. He never tried to get a visa and frankly I think he had a good chance. I think it was more about fear of leaving what he was familiar with. He really wanted me to live there, but I just can't.

Yes, there is a large Thai temple here and I've been several times but seems to be mostly older people and families there. It's an interesting place though, and they have a great weekend food festival, so I go back occasionally with friends. I have the same experience shopping in Thai town, which I've done - I mostly see older people.

So you're 39, so what? You could be balding, butt ugly and with a potbelly hanging over your knees like pete1969. On the other hand, Smiles is 300 years old and still a stud.

People have a natural tendency to see those who see them. The fact that you only see old people says more about you than about them.

February 8th, 2007, 01:10
I have been fortunate to meet a Thai guy here in Los Angeles. He is 26 years old and is a Master's Degree student attending a top university... Many might ask how a 26 year old Thai can possibly be interested in a 60 year old with all the available hot white meat around a university campus. That very question was on my mind a lot in the beginning. As I got to know my guy I found his interest in me to be genuine. It can happen and he sees something in me beside the hot sex another 26 year old could give him. I stopped wondering about it and I'm going with the flow. Who am I to question his likes and dislikes?.

Speaking of assumptions, we don't know what your boy looks like, do we, m'dear? For all we know you both could be a match in the consolation prize category. We can certainly confirm that of you from your avatar. Asians, especially East Asians with their tiny little peckers, are avoided like the plague by twenty-year-old jock types in the West. Thais especially have a terrible reputation - the fact that so many of them go around pandering to white mummies three times their age in Thailand only reinforces the stereotype that they're all prossies. Asians born and bred in the West may be an exception.

February 8th, 2007, 01:54
I have been fortunate to meet a Thai guy here in Los Angeles. He is 26 years old and is a Master's Degree student attending a top university... Many might ask how a 26 year old Thai can possibly be interested in a 60 year old with all the available hot white meat around a university campus. That very question was on my mind a lot in the beginning. As I got to know my guy I found his interest in me to be genuine. It can happen and he sees something in me beside the hot sex another 26 year old could give him. I stopped wondering about it and I'm going with the flow. Who am I to question his likes and dislikes?.

In additon to Miss Sybil Thrope's comments, there are many reasons why this 26 yo Thai man may be interested in you 60yo white man:
1. He maybe ugly, skinny, short, girly. None of these appeals to the western gay world.
2. He does not speak english well enough and/or does not know western culture, and hence, incapable of making any interesting conversation or mingle with peopel in his own age bracket. So he seeks a father/mother figure to mentor him in farlangland.
3. He does not have a car. We all know that owning a car is absolutely necessary in L.A. for anyone to have any social life. You mentioned you have to meet him at his place everytime, this tells me he does not own a car.
4. You pay for his entertainment: dinner, movies, clubbing, trips, gifts...etc.
5. He stays in farangland temperily. After a year or two, he will finish his study and return to Thailand. Most guys in Farlangland looking for meaningful long term relationship won't bother with this short term Thai boyfriend arrangement.

These are just some points of view from a different perspective.
But hey, you should be happy with this thai man. What do you have to loose? it's not like you have a better choice out there, do you?

February 8th, 2007, 02:21
In additon to Miss Sybil Thrope's comments, there are many reasons why this 26 yo Thai man may be interested in you 60yo white man:
1. He maybe ugly, skinny, short, girly. None of these appeals to the western gay world.
2. He does not speak english well enough and/or does not know western culture, and hence, incapable of making any interesting conversation or mingle with peopel in his own age bracket. So he seeks a father/mother figure to mentor him in farlangland.
3. He does not have a car. We all know that owning a car is absolutely necessary in L.A. for anyone to have any social life. You mentioned you have to meet him at his place everytime, this tells me he does not own a car.
4. You pay for his entertainment: dinner, movies, clubbing, trips, gifts...etc.
5. He stays in farangland temperily. After a year or two, he will finish his study and return to Thailand. Most guys in Farlangland looking for meaningful long term relationship won't bother with this short term Thai boyfriend arrangement.

These are just some points of view from a different perspective.
But hey, you should be happy with this thai man. What do you have to loose? it's not like you have a better choice out there, do you?

Well said. A lot of these fresh-off-the-boat types don't appeal to younger, goodlooking and successful white boys who usually look for social/cultural/"EMOTIONAL" equals. A 26-year-old white boy would have no desire to mother another 26-year-old in the aforementioned sense. Gaining a place in a master's programme in a good university is nothing these days - they'll take you in as long as you (or your sponsor) can pay and pass the minimal and often abysmal English language requirements. As I said, people see in others what others see in them; in this case it's desperation.

February 8th, 2007, 02:51
"I think it was more about fear of leaving what he was familiar with. He really wanted me to live there, but I just can't. "

That is SO true. Thailand is a great country, and most Thais don't want to ever leave.

Lest they find out that Thailand is not a great country and all those lies they've been fed since they were three about Thailand being the greatest country in the world - just look at the thousands of farang losers who want to live here and marry our Isarn whores - turn out to be just that, lies.

February 8th, 2007, 04:38
quote:
"A lot of these fresh-off-the-boat types don't appeal to younger, goodlooking and successful white boys who usually look for social/cultural/"EMOTIONAL" equals. A 26-year-old white boy would have no desire to mother another 26-year-old in the aforementioned sense"

This is quite true. I know one farang in his 50's who met a fresh-off-the-boat cute early 20's taiwanese boy and after living together for several years, the boy dumped him for a 20 something white boy. Only to return to the older guy after about 6 months. Because he found out that though the young farang was fun for sex, he would not provide the financial support or the level of adoration he was used to from the older guy. Now several years later, the boy has become quite more 'hefty" and doesnt have the option of a younger stud anymore anyway LOL

February 8th, 2007, 06:59
Well, I canтАЩt help but weigh in again on this topic after reading the comments subsequent to my post. To be sure, this thread which started out with a simple question seems to have brought out the usual negative responses about everything under the sun. My post was simply to counter some of that negative crap that flows so freely on this forum. I was simply pointing out that a younger/older - farang/Thai relationship is indeed possible. It seems to me that rather than seeing my relationship with this Thai man as a positive thing with no ulterior motives on either individualтАЩs part, there are those that look for some justification for this guyтАЩs interest in me and post a laundry list of possible reasons for his interest.

The posters naturally go on to degrade the very Thai guys they so freely make use of as to their motives for this and that. You arm chair experts on Thai culture and society should give it a rest once in a while particularly since the most you can ever be are outside observers.

Speaking of assumptions, we don't know what your boy looks like, do we, m'dear? For all we know you both could be a match in the consolation prize category. We can certainly confirm that of you from your avatar.

Well, Miss Sybil, mтАЩdear, you may think I am some kind of consolation prize but at least I have the guts to post my age and photo and not hide behind the anonymity of a nom de plume. A rather cheap shot, I would say.

Asians, especially East Asians with their tiny little peckers, are avoided like the plague by twenty-year-old jock types in the West. Thais especially have a terrible reputation - the fact that so many of them go around pandering to white mummies three times their age in Thailand only reinforces the stereotype that they're all prossies. Asians born and bred in the West may be an exception.

That is a very interesting assumption that East Asians are avoided like the plague. Seems without much justification if the young white guys I see with Asian guys in MickyтАЩs in West Hollywood are any indication. Also It has been my good fortune to find that Thais seem more well endowed than some of their Japanese and Chinese counterparts. Seen a big cock show lately?

Scott, of course you can come up with 5 reasons that my boyfriend might be interested in me other than just that he enjoys my company. Hey, Scott whatever floats your boat. You must have a pretty poor opinion of yourself or had some very unfortunate experiences, if you feel the only reason a young Thai might be interested in a 60 year old is because of reasons such as these.

Honestly, I find my boyfriend quite attractive, and with his personality he is a winner for me. Sure there are always going to be better looking guys around. I was having infrequent sex with an absolutely gorgeous 32 year old Chinese guy from San Francisco who always called me hoping to hook up when he was in the area. Point is he does not have anywhere near the personality that my current boyfriend has. Sure he was a good looker, great bod, great sex but not much personality. It is a no brainer for me. The combination is what makes any individual attractive. And yes Scott, there are other opportunities out there for me if I want them. Just for information my boyfriend got along quite nicely without me. It would seem he had his share of sex partners and at one point, a boyfriend considerably younger than me. He certainly is no longer fresh off the boat looking for security. We met by chance, his English is excellent, he is now savvy to our culture (enjoys putting the dollars in the g-strings of the go go boys at MickyтАЩs in West Hollywood, but still favors his Thai food (what can I say). As I said he is attending a top university on a scholarship from the Thai government and competed for that opportunity and hopes to eventually continue on with the PhD program (I canтАЩt even begin to read his textbooks тАУ technical stuff). This is a sharp young man quite capable of making his own way and having a good time at it during his stay in the US. He doesnтАЩt need my assistance to do that. Our weekends are usually spent at his place due to my circumstances, work, and the logistics of getting around in Los Angeles. It is just easier for both of us right now.

Believe it or not guyтАЩs, you can make up all the justification you want for why he is with me and I asked all those same questions and finally decided to stop and go with the flow. What his motivations might be are in his psyche just as my interest in him is in mine. Bottom line is that we are happy and enjoying the time we spend together. At some point he will return to Thailand then we will see what happens but in the meantime, it is time just to be happy and enjoy the companionship we offer each other.

Now I would like to make an observation about these gay Thailand forums. I have been reading these gay Thailand forums for a number of years but have posted little, mostly just lack of time. What I have observed from the postings seems to indicate that most of the negative posts regarding, gay Thailand, boys, bars, and cost of a drink come from the expats not the occasional visitor. It seems that for the most part, expats complain, complain, and complain. It would appear that you live in Thailand because: (1) itтАЩs cheap, (2) availability of sex, (3) attention from the boys, (4) inability to have a life anywhere else. Of course that surely is not the case about ALL expats but you would not know it from the postings on this forum. For the most part you are all living life with the glass half empty rather than half full. I really feel sorry for those of you that have so little going for you that every post must be a negative one. The original poster simply posed a question but look at the posts. Seems funny to me that me simply stating that one can indeed be involved in a fairly stable relationship with a younger Thai brought forth the comments it did. The posts clearly indicated more about the psychology of the posters than about my relationship of which they know nothing. As one who has been visiting Thailand for more that 30 years and hopes in retirement to spend much but not all of my time there, I think I will stick to friendships with my Thai friends and visitors rather than hanging out with depressing expats. Certainly many of you expats have valuable experiences and could provide great insight into things about Thailand. I have seen great things posted but far too many of you expats seem bitter with life, bitter with Thailand and most importantly bitter with themselves.

Brad the Impala
February 8th, 2007, 14:39
Who let these bitter queens out of the closet? Were they rejected by the W.I.?

February 8th, 2007, 19:46
No Thai boy who is already in the US has any need for you whatsoever. He's made it already, and you're just another old man to him. Why on earth would he even give you the time of day?

Assumptions aside; not 100 percent. A gay Thai who prefers westerners will be hoping to find someone who is his age--or younger; his intellectual equal--or greater, his financial situation--or richer--And I almost forgot: of the same level of attractiveness--or more: same-same as westerners are looking for.

February 9th, 2007, 02:08
This is quite true. I know one farang in his 50's who met a fresh-off-the-boat cute early 20's taiwanese boy and after living together for several years, the boy dumped him for a 20 something white boy. Only to return to the older guy after about 6 months. Because he found out that though the young farang was fun for sex, he would not provide the financial support or the level of adoration he was used to from the older guy. Now several years later, the boy has become quite more 'hefty" and doesnt have the option of a younger stud anymore anyway LOL

The funny thing is that the old white man still wants that Taiwanese boy back after all these. why? because they are a perfect match in such a mutual benefitial arrangement. The old white man has no other boy choice, the taiwanese boy has no other daddy choice. This is really a good match in the consolation prize category"...lol
But I bet this old white man is now going around and tells everybody that he has found the true love partner....something we have heard from many of the posters here.

Smiles
February 9th, 2007, 08:36
" .... Well, I canтАЩt help but weigh in again on this topic after reading the comments subsequent to my post. To be sure, this thread which started out with a simple question seems to have brought out the usual negative responses about everything under the sun. My post was simply to counter some of that negative crap that flows so freely on this forum .... "
Dear Bob, thus it shall always be (in part) on Sawatdee. Think of it as 'educational' rather than 'negative' .... 'hilarious' rather than 'pathetic'.

Thinking 'bitter-sour-old-cunts'? Think no futher than ... nay, not Khun Homintern ( I know you were :blackeye: ) ... but the Dame Sybill, who has not uttered a decent nor constructive syllable since her appearance, and continues to believe her(it)self to be the 'Conscience of Sawatdee', spewing bile-in-disguise, flooding the Board at intervals of some months between copious regurgitations (thank christ for small favours!).

A few other Boards revel in the safety of their puritanical sanitary napkins ... Sawatdee puts up ~ with no Moderator interference ~ with gushing menstrual blood flowing like crimson rivulets in the threads.

Cheers ...

Brad the Impala
February 9th, 2007, 14:49
A few other Boards revel in the safety of their puritanical sanitary napkins ... Sawatdee puts up ~ with no Moderator interference ~ with gushing menstrual blood flowing like crimson rivulets in the threads.

Cheers ...

What a delightful description of this board! Can we change the name of the Forum to "The Menstrual Flood Flowing Like Crimson Rivulets Forum? Or just "Crimson Rivulets" for short?

Sen Yai
February 9th, 2007, 19:47

Cheers ...

But we have our own dear Sanitree Na Pakin on this board - and she seems have put in a few more appearances lately.

She may not always be puritanical, but with her grace and wit stemming the gushing rivulets, who needs moderators anyway?