PDA

View Full Version : Why Canadians hate Americans

February 4th, 2007, 23:04
Sorry, Smiles, I couldn't resist (from a review of Windows new operating system, Vista - and I know Smiles is still on Windows 95 - perhaps that new computer in Hua Hin ...):
Mossberg makes the "pleasant," "efficient" Vista sound less like a "wow moment" than a passable bore тАФ the Canada of operating systems

jinks
February 4th, 2007, 23:27
perhaps that new computer in Hua Hin ...):

He might be PUSHED into getting a laptop.

No :cyclopsani: that's TOO far for a Canadian to go. :cyclopsani:

February 5th, 2007, 02:18
A bit boring, but really VERY NICE!

Doug
February 5th, 2007, 05:53
These days, I would rather be known as boring than amerikan.

Smiles
February 5th, 2007, 10:11
A bit boring, but really VERY NICE!
Who? MS Vista, Canadians in general, or moi?

Just how boring IS Canada anyway?: http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 53&k=74879 (http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=3df907ea-4f2b-4d72-9d00-3e2617fccb53&k=74879)

Cheers ...

catawampuscat
February 5th, 2007, 11:29
More Canadian snowbirds in Florida this time of year than in Ottowa. Do you know the capital city of Canada?

Smiles
February 5th, 2007, 12:02
... just a few minutes ago :cheers:

http://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/solitaire.jpg

..... and it's "Ottawa" not "Ottowa"

Cheers ...

Dboy
February 5th, 2007, 14:18
More Canadian snowbirds in Florida this time of year than in Ottowa. Do you know the capital city of Canada?

they have cities in canada?

Sen Yai
February 5th, 2007, 14:41
What has this thread to do with 'all things Thai'?

Surely a passing reference to Hau Hin doesn't count and surely discussions of racial hatred have no place in this forum.

Where's our immoderate moderator?.....oh, he's already contributed to the thread above! :blackeye:

February 5th, 2007, 18:11
What has this thread to do with 'all things Thai'? ... Where's our immoderate moderator?.....oh, he's already contributed to the thread above!More to the point it was the Moderator who moved it from where I started it - in the Global Forum. Jinks is getting more and more "I did it my way" these days

jinks
February 5th, 2007, 20:44
What has this thread to do with 'all things Thai'? ... Where's our immoderate moderator?.....oh, he's already contributed to the thread above!More to the point it was the Moderator who moved it from where I started it - in the Global Forum. jinks is getting more and more "I did it my way" these days

However in your starting post you said....

perhaps that new computer in Hua Hin ...):

...... I did not want smiles to slap me for leaving in Global because it has Thai context in the first post. :pukeleft:

catawampuscat
February 5th, 2007, 23:51
some of my best friends are Canadians. There was a hot movie about the Royal Canadian Mounties by Cadinot, a few years back
or were they lumberjacks? A lot of American still go to Montreal when they want to see hot guys and have a ball.
probably about time to close this thread or move it back to where it came from.. :cat:

February 6th, 2007, 04:55
... as clutching at straws

Smiles
February 6th, 2007, 11:42
' ... surely discussions of racial hatred have no place in this forum ... "
Explain please: "racial hatred"?? Where, by whom, etc etc etc

Cheers ...

February 6th, 2007, 12:14
I suppose he means the "hatred" of Americans on the part of Canadians...yeah, certainly a volatile topic related to "racial hatred". What a loser.

Sen Yai
February 6th, 2007, 12:23
Explain please: "racial hatred"?? Where, by whom, etc etc etc

Ok....

Racial Hatred: A term expressing hatred against persons on racial grounds.

Where: In the Title of this Thread: Why Canadians Hate Americans

by Whom: Homintern - the originator of this thread.

Not that I give a damn about either you Canucks or Yankees - I was just having a pop at jinks via Homintern! :blackeye:

Cheers.....

February 6th, 2007, 12:28
Racial Hatred: A term expressing hatred against persons on racial grounds.

Where: In the Title of this Thread: Why Canadians Hate Americans

"American" and "Canadian" are races???

TrongpaiExpat
February 6th, 2007, 12:28
Now, look up the term "race". I think you might have meant nationalities.

Sen Yai
February 6th, 2007, 12:37
Now, look up the term "race". I think you might have meant nationalities.

Yes, yes you are correct. It was just a cheap jibe. I forgot that the pedants take everything so seriously.

February 6th, 2007, 15:50
I hope I am not mistaken for one on my upcoming Middle East Chinese new year break. What do the American race look like? Military uniform, bandanas, sports wear, hormone replaced, breast implants, face lifts that sort of thing? Na I should be safe on this trip.

February 6th, 2007, 18:06
I never knew they did!
Floridians hate Canadians because they bring their colds south in snow-bird season cause long lines at the the liquor stores while looking for bargain booze and fill up all the bars in at (2-for-1) happy-hour, all the cheap restaurants, Senior Citizen Early-bird-special, Fried Crocodile & Catfish You Can Eat Buffets--Rather like old-fart ex-pats in Pattaya.

Now; why do Kiwi's hate Ozzies? :dontknow:

February 6th, 2007, 18:27
Now; why do Kiwi's hate Ozzies?For precisely the same reason, Edith - sublimated fear expressed as envy of the big neighbour next door. In both places the smaller country (by population) obsesses endlessly about its neighbour, while the larger has better things to do and barely thinks about the other

February 7th, 2007, 13:11
How does that explain the United Kingdoms hatred of everyone, large or small? My favourite hatred sans fronti├иres, is between the Belgians and the Dutch. The Belgians are bigger in almost every way, its true, and they have mountains, the Dutch produce bigger cheeses but are flat.

lonelywombat
February 7th, 2007, 13:58
-Rather like old-fart ex-pats in Pattaya.

Now; why do Kiwi's hate Ozzies?

Thats unfair Kiwis do not hate Australia

Every fortnight unemployment pay day, you can see the kiwis standing outside Aussie pubs singing the Kiwi national anthem

I still call Australia Home

February 7th, 2007, 18:22
Now; why do Kiwi's hate Ozzies?For precisely the same reason, Edith - sublimated fear expressed as envy of the big neighbor next door. In both places the smaller country (by population) obsesses endlessly about its neighbor, while the larger has better things to do and barely thinks about the other

Interesting idea, thanks. (I'd begun to think I was on your shi...er... Ignore list.)
You may get a laugh out of this: one night while gossi...solving the world's problems...in a Pattaya beer bar we were trying to guess who's who on ' the board.' Someone suggested you and I are one and the same--And someone else seconded the motion--And added bg.
I just, Sphinx like, said, "Really?"

'Singing the Kiwi National Anthem,' I suppose the Ozzies can endure--So long as the Kiwis don't bring along
their national birds.

I don't believe the British hate everyone--Well, not all the British are brutish, anyway--they just think they're better than--And the 'others,' as per homi, 'Have better things to do and barely think about the Brits' -- And can't be bothered to disabuse them of their delusions.
'The Belgians are bigger in almost every way...the Dutch produce more cheeses and are flat.'
Now, that's really funny!
But one must think you've been having it on with the wrong Belgique and Dutchmen...or, maybe, the right ones?

February 7th, 2007, 18:30
'Singing the Kiwi National Anthem,' I suppose the Ozzies can endure--So long as the Kiwis don't bring the national birdsThis is an urban myth that Lonely Wombat is perpetuating. NZers who go to Australia after the mid-nineties are not entitled to any Australian social security benefits - and certainly not the dole - unless they travel as immigrants rather than long-term tourists with an automatic, indefinite right to work