PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question: beach towel at Jomtien beach??

January 29th, 2006, 22:20
Will I be able to "rent" a beach towel for the day when I visit Jomtien Beach? I'm trying to pack light and don't really want to pack a beach towel.

I guess that I could always just take a bath towel from the hotel??

Thanks for your help. I leave one week from today! Getting real excited about my first trip to Thailand.

January 29th, 2006, 22:48
Most hotels will provide you a beach towel, just ask at the front desk.

An alternative is to buy an inexpensive towel to use during your stay.
When I first arrive, I head to Big C and buy a number of items I purposely don't pack (shampoo, drinks, snacks, etc.). They have cheap beach towels also.

Gaypattayan
January 29th, 2006, 23:29
If you sit at any of the concessionaires' seats in the Dongtan Beach area (northerly of the police box at the point where Jomtien Beach reaches the sea), they offer towels on request. I don't believe I have ever been charged for one, but if there is a charge, it is very minor. Just ask the chair attendant when he gets you "set up" for a towel, and he will almost certainly be happy to bring one and stretch it out properly on your beach chair.

G.P.

dab69
January 30th, 2006, 00:39
one time in eight years I have bothered with a towel from hotel.

congrats on the first time, it's always the greatest memory you will have.

TOQ
January 30th, 2006, 04:38
You should have no trouble at all getting a towel or anything else you need at the beach.. It wont be hard to spot the gay section on the beach as they have the gay flags flying above there umbrellas.. Be prepared for an enjoyable time..

You will also notice that boys are always walking around trying to sell you anything you can imagine from icecream to personal grooming kits..

Have a blast. Cant wait till I get back in June..

john

Dodger
January 30th, 2006, 04:55
Hobie...

Don't worry about things like towels at the beach...you'll have plenty scattered around your hotel room that will work in a pinch.

Enjoy your first trip...we all did!

mai pen rai

January 30th, 2006, 18:20
TOQ is right.

A beach towel really doesn't take that much space if you lay it in first: flat, the narrow way of the suitcase and fold the loose ends over your clothing...and seem to keep things from moving about so much.

You can leave the towel at the concession and they will have it on your chair when you arrive the next day--No need to carry it back & forth.

Some hotels, if there's a towel gone walkabout when the maid comes to clean, will charge you for it--Which, probably, you won't know till check out time.

January 30th, 2006, 22:56
A big beach towel you bey for : 200 bath . The hotel towel is mostly to small, and full white sand afther you comes back from the beach. 200 bath ! A good invest for the beach .

Enjoy your holliday, Hoby 99 :faroah:

jinks
January 30th, 2006, 23:37
it's always the greatest memory you will have.

I published it before and have no doubt will do so again......1989....

My greatest memory....

http://www.johncorp.com/holidays/thai/pre96/images/skybar_jpg.jpg