PDA

View Full Version : Adopting a boy-friend

January 31st, 2007, 22:03
Hello all you Sons and Daddies,

A 60-year-old friend of mine from the US wants to adopt his 26-year-old Thai boyfriend. They're in a Daddy-Son relationship so the adoption would just reflect the reality of their relationship. The boyfriend's parents died when he was a teenager so there are no parents to contest the adoption.

Does anyone have information about whether or not such an adoption is feasible and how one can go about getting an adoption?

January 31st, 2007, 22:17
www.legalzoom.com/articles/article_content/article14095.html (http://www.legalzoom.com/articles/article_content/article14095.html)

adult adoptions are not always granted. Many are rejected because of a preexisting sexual relationship between the two parties, preventing same sex couples from gaining rights over one another. Since the courts are formalizing the relationship of parent and child; hence, any sexual relationship will prohibit the adoption.

allieb
January 31st, 2007, 22:32
A friend of mine adopted a boyfriend from Hong Kong, the age difference was 58-28 It may or may not have been legal I never knew for sure. All we knew was that the were calling each other dad and son. The local community in the small Scottish town were repulsed and soon they were unwelcome everywhere

People from the local community said that it was OK when it was the boyfriend thing but son and father was sick as it rang bells of incest. They should stay as boyfriends and save themselves a lot of grief. This is no young orphan he is a 26 year old man. A civil partnership would be more appropriate

Bob
February 1st, 2007, 05:09
What are you Allieb,some goody two shoes ? Telling everybody how to live the flamin moral life and then getting darted up the arse when no ones looking.

Hey, Billy, I'll adopt you. Then I'll do the world a favor and kill my son. :cheers:

Dodger
February 1st, 2007, 06:58
I was thinking of marrying my BF's mother - bringing the two of them back to the U.S - then divorcing her.

Not really...but an interesting thought!

allieb
February 1st, 2007, 11:22
I was thinking of marrying my BF's mother - bringing the two of them back to the U.S - then divorcing her.

Not really...but an interesting thought!

What a great idea in theory. But!!! With all the information the USA collects about people who visit the USA, imagine what information the have collected on US citizens. You are already listed in pink on big brothers computer and a marriage to a woman would attract a federal inquiry, you may even get sent to Guantanamo bay.

Just joking but I bet they do have a queer list and all you need too do to get on it is be a single man with 2 logged trips to Thailand. 3 or more and they probably upgrade you to the peado list.

February 1st, 2007, 15:04
Just joking but I bet they do have a queer list and all you need too do to get on it is be a single man with 2 logged trips to Thailand. 3 or more and they probably upgrade you to the peado list.

Someone told me, after 10 trips you win a cavity search.
I must have arrived on a busy day.

(Snide comments welcome.)

Billy, luv;
Why don't we go into business: training kangaroos to be shopping carts.
You catch the roos, I'll teach them to shop-lift, you take them to the malls.
xxxx