PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

January 31st, 2007, 11:03
DELETED

January 31st, 2007, 12:48
I have taken a quote from that thread made by Gay Button that I find very interesting. And I quote...
"I thought it absolutely sucked and at best would have rated it as fair to poor
How I miss the Grand Ayatollah's fatwas

January 31st, 2007, 13:04
There is a debate taking place on Baht Stop Forum that also involves GayThailand board.

I have taken a quote from that thread made by Gay Button that I find very interesting. And I quote...

"Some of you apparently wish to reopen the debate about Niddy's Nook, I'll remind you that my posts were in dispute of the posts that flat out lied about the condition of the toilet facilities. That's what I defended. There was nothing wrong with the toilet whatsoever. I don't think you'll find a single post from me that actually defended the infamous cheeseburger or its price.

Maybe this will make you feel better: Now that Niddy's Nook has passed into history I'll speak my mind about the cheeseburger. I ate it a grand total of once. I thought it absolutely sucked and at best would have rated it as fair to poor. If a dog had been passing by at the time, he would have had a free lunch. I prefer a cheeseburger that actually has some cheese on it, not just a hint of cheese. The only way I was able to tell there really was a slice of cheese on it was to open the bun and look for it. I also thought the price, nearly US $4.75 was triple what it was worth. For 20 baht more, you could get full dinners at some of the restaurants just around the corner from there. I did think the fries were excellent, though. And, in fairness, I must say the ice was cold.

Actually, it feels pretty good to finally get that off my chest . . ."

As someone who got slated for giving a fair review of that burger (IMO) by some posters, it is nice to see someone else actually being truthful about it. Shame he didn't open his mouth at the time, apart to stick that awful burger in his mouth, and speak up.

And another poster has found the following posted by Gay Button on the Gay Thailand forum on September 5 last year:

At the risk of reopening the great cheeseburger controversy, today (September 5) a friend and I went to Niddy's Nook for lunch to try the cheeseburger for ourselves. This was the first time either of us have tried it. Although Chris knows who I am, he did not know in advance that we were coming. Niddy, himself, has no clue who I am.

Contrary to what some people have posted, Chris was indeed there. We arrived at about 12:30 PM. I went to use that lavatory. You know the one . . . the one "swimming in urine." It was absolutely dry, spotless, and odor free.

I also tracked the time between ordering the cheeseburger and having it served. 14 minutes.

The cheeseburger was indeed thick and juicy. The french fries were piping hot, browned properly, and crisp. I can honestly say those were some of the best french fries I've had in Pattaya and my friend agreed. The cheeseburger was served piping hot and the cheese was still melted.

Smacks of hyprocisy and double-standards to me (who incidentally was also the victim of a character assassination for criticizing Niddys Nook and their cheeseburgers (as well as the waiter service, or lack of it).

January 31st, 2007, 14:31
DELETED

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 31st, 2007, 15:22
for God's sake don't encourage him..he never shut's his mouth !

From memory LMTU reviewed Niddy's in his inimtable style and tried to give some friendly advice !!

"he really needs a large big black cock helping him out."..there's an opening there for you wx40afp--I mean aren't you looking for a small business enterprise in Pattaya ??

speaking of which..bucknaway has some new pics in his personal gallery..
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... ser_id=259 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/album_personal.php?user_id=259)

###you are brave wandering near Bitch-Stop Mr Botting--I wouldn't soil my computer by reading the board dominated by that school marm from hell, H***a. However someone emails me that they believe I am LMTU--one of their favourite oddities is to first insult , abuse and denigrate anyone who thinks outside their narrow, rigid thought pattern and then accuse them of all being the same person. You could find yourself in for this treatment. As Mick Jagger said about Margaret Trudeau..I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole :geek:

January 31st, 2007, 17:05
Way all this talk about Niddy's ? It's gone gone gone folks !

Lets try out the business go still running there. Anyone can help me to find a good car rental ? :flower:

January 31st, 2007, 17:33
Way all this talk about Niddy's ? It's gone gone gone folks !

Yes, and that single fact says more about its food than anything else.

January 31st, 2007, 17:45
###you are brave wandering near Bitch-Stop Mr Botting--I wouldn't soil my computer by reading the board dominated by that school marm from hell, H***a.

If another poster on Bahtstop has it correct, you tried to be a member there three times but were booted out each time (together with your bosom buddy Earwig/LMTU) for being a troll ! :geek:

January 31st, 2007, 18:24
Why bring all this up again? It's closed he's moved on. It is really petty to keep bringing old things up and to keep on bashing a business that has closed. There's enough bad blood on this site and others without postings like these. If you don't have anything good to say its best to say nothing. What goes around comes around. Who's next?

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 31st, 2007, 19:05
Another poster on bahtstop has something correct ??..that would have to be a first ! :geek:

It's hardly the Garrick Club..anyone thrown off there should deem it a privilege. It's a board devoted to "trolling"--which is another word for anyone who stands up to H***a.

--a bit like the non-stop yakking Gay Button who seems intent on turning another board into his own soapbox-- the one owned by Gay Thailand who is so freaked out by the endless complaints he's received he's cutting his trip to South Ameica short and rushing back to put the ratbag back in his place--all the time emailing former members claiming that he doesn't actually own the board but is just an "investor", lest his garrulous moderator's actions reflect upon him.

Let's hope he is more sensible with his new venture : drag.com.

The pack of drongoes who over the past few months have had a field day in Pattaya maligning a few other residents are in for some rude shocks soon--as the restauranter who just flogged his GH to an unsuspecting New Zealander is about to discover. When one sets out to viciously slur other people they should first ensure they've cleaned out the skeletons from their own wardrobes. The fools habit of phoning immigration to inform on those he claims owe him money may well prove to be a terrible mistake if those seeking recovery of their own debts, decide to use the same tactics.

He'll probably choke on one of his own famous breakfasts soon (admittedly a better deal than Niddy's hamburger was) but then you can flog cheap meals when you haven't actually paid for the joint and the former owner is languishing in LA waiting for the bulk of the purchase price..now six months overdue. Expect fireworks as the well known puppeter has now raised the funds to return to Pattaya to confront the drunken kangaroo. Maybe he will flee to his sister's home in Israel ! ( and his co-hort who routinely informs the Pattaya police of alleged legal infractions by his competitors may find he should move condos soon...having mistakenly informed on a Thai national in partnership with a farang, the agrieved gentleman has a less ethical way of dealing with these matters).

Smiles
February 1st, 2007, 00:41
Dear Booze,

Just for the record, this was posted on Baht-Plug just yesterday. Not quite sure where the fantasies originated (this time!), but life in Hedda-Land:

HALOI QUOTED AS SAYING ... ( Hayjon here I believe, but not 100% certain)

(Haloi @ Jan 30 2007, 05:35 AM)

I have read that the O'Booze character is just another name used by the creature known as Ear Wig/ LMTU,

AND SNOWY REPLIED:

" ... I don't know about that - the grammar and spelling are far too good for Earwig!!

I once figured out from inadvertent comments made by the Boozer on Sawatdee, and have since always assumed, that Lunchtime O'Booze was the handle used on Sawatdee by the troll who appeared here as Pearl69er/Fan of Thailand/Joan Crawford's Ghost.... "
Did you ever know you were so many in one? Could it be true? The whole thread can be read here: http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.p ... #entry6351 (http://www.baht-stop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1237&pid=6351&st=0&#entry6351)

Cheers ...

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 1st, 2007, 03:24
just kidding..but why bother --is there anything of interest or any info that can't be found here ?.

The last time I was there they said a poster was multiple clicking his own thread ( something poor old H***a doesn't do by the look of the handful of readers she gets). They need to look up the true meaning of "trolls" --they fit right into that category.

I figure they just want a cosey little club of about 6 talking to each other with even less readers. From what I saw--anyone who strayed from the party line was said to be someone else and then is supposed to be Earwig--

The board sounds like the result of inbreeding -they must assume everyone else is up to the same games as them. :geek:

Captain Swing
February 1st, 2007, 04:23
quote:

"The cheeseburger was indeed thick and juicy. The french fries were piping hot, browned properly, and crisp. I can honestly say those were some of the best french fries I've had in Pattaya and my friend agreed. The cheeseburger was served piping hot and the cheese was still melted."

That strikes me as actually a pretty clever review by someone wishing to be polite. There's nothing in there that's inconsistent with a lousy burger. It can be thick, juicy and hot and still taste like shit. Notice it's only the fries that are really praised.

February 1st, 2007, 04:43
for the life of me I can't understand why Niddy's Nook ever generated so much discussion. I ate there once...the food was mediocre; the service was mediocre. My Thai bf thought the food was terrible, didn't bother finishing his meal, and refused to consider every going back. But mediocre restaurants aren't unusual in Pattaya, are they? So why all the discussion?

I did hear a rumor that the fellows closed down and moved on w/out settling back wages. If that's true, shame on them. If its not, then shame on me for mentioning it.

Michael
February 1st, 2007, 05:14
Capting Swing
Welcome Back, I agree that the quote is a very carefully worded review.

David
for the life of me I can't understand why Niddy's Nook ever generated so much discussion.
David, I too wonder why Niddy's Nook received sooooo much attention and I'm waiting for a resident of Pattaya to 'spill the beans' and reveal the reasons why the American Teacher was given such a rough ride on this forum.

February 1st, 2007, 06:45
... with no axe to grind since I never go there - the constant self-promotion of Niddy's Nook on this Board was perceived by some almost as an abuse of membership. Others (eg. John Botting) have their own businesses and don't indulge a weekly advertisement of their wares. That combined with the apparent gulf between what was advertised and what was delivered was pretty much a recipe for being flame grilled on the Board. For myself, I once went to the relevant home page, saw Chris referred to as "my husband" or some such uxorious phrase, and threw up without even having sampled the famous hamburger

February 1st, 2007, 08:06
Geez Louise. Why dig up these old bones just to have another go at 'em? Is it because Let me Earwig You isn't here to kick around anymore?

I'd call you all sadistic necrophiliac zoophiles but that's just beating a dead horse.

( I got that line from Woody Allen and I've been waiting YEARS to use it :cheers: )

February 1st, 2007, 08:09
DELETED

bucknaway
February 1st, 2007, 08:27
Niddy's had a very good burger!

One day I was walking around Sunee, I did not know where I was going, I was simply following the direction of the wind. I came across the Nook and sat myself down. While there I met the owners and another Farang waiting there for his friends to join him.

While I was there I ordered a meal and enjoyed a drink and after a few hours I decided to make my way back to Krazy Dragon... Or I had to meet a guy for sex, I am not sure which, but they both would lead to the same end....

Well I reached into my pocket to pay for my meal and realized I only had my ATM card and no cash.... I tried to explain to the waiter that I had no cash... During that time, another customer was busy with Niddys Burger. http://upload6.postimage.org/40060/big_burger.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/40060/photo_hosting.html)
Niddys hamburger heard the conversation from across the bar and came over, Reached into its bun and paid for my meal. I promised to repay the loan but it was refused.

No other food even attempted to move from its plate, but the Burger did not sit well with my problem and came right up! I was choked-up... I will never forget the Burger... Such a good burger! http://upload6.postimage.org/40071/burger.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/40071/photo_hosting.html)

I wanted to keep in touch with the burger and was sad to hear that Niddys is closed. But just when I was starting to feel sad because I did not know what would become of the burger now that its employer had closed its doors. I did not know if it landed on its feet or if it fell "Good-side down" so to speak, But before I worried too much, I got a e-mail form Phuket that simply said. Wish you were here! And they attached this photo!

http://upload6.postimage.org/40096/cheeseburger_paradise_costu.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/40096/photo_hosting.html)

Such a GOOD Burger!

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 1st, 2007, 09:14
"Niddys hamburger heard the conversation from across the bar and came over, Reached into its bun and paid for my meal. I promised to repay the loan but it was refused. " ( Buckanawy)

this burger walked and talked as well !!!!

February 1st, 2007, 15:10
I'd call you all sadistic necrophiliac zoophiles but that's just beating a dead horse.
( I got that line from Woody Allen and I've been waiting YEARS to use it :cheers: )

And Woody got the line from Mia when she caught him wanking.

February 1st, 2007, 16:30
Homitern wrote :

the constant self-promotion of Niddy's Nook on this Board

My dear moderators :flower: please LOCKED LOCKED LOCKED ! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

February 1st, 2007, 17:27
:cheers: Lets just bash this to death once and for ever. After all I think this is the first time Bkk ever posted under the influence of a substance other than mung beans or bean sprouts.Its all good!

February 1st, 2007, 18:24
I certainly remember getting involved in a posting discussion about hygene at the Nook. I eat there once, and described the food as so-so. What worried me more was the way in which i was served. Chris himself was working on a laptop at one of the tables, with his little pet dog on his knees. He got up, cariied the dog to the far end of the bar, put it down on a table, then picked up a knife and fork to set before me, then returned and collected the dog and went back to the computer, all without washing his hands.

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 1st, 2007, 20:48
the famous/infamous Niddy's Nook hamburger !

this burger is now a legend !

http://upload6.postimage.org/46031/hamburger_statue.jpg (http://upload6.postimage.org/46031/photo_hosting.html)