PDA

View Full Version : Update Jan 30th - The Gay Pattayan's condition...

travelerjim
January 30th, 2007, 17:00
GayButton has posted this update on Gay Thailand Message Board ....
from an e-mail he received this afternoon...

The news is not good...let's hope and pray our dear friend The GP will fully recover.

Here is GayButton's posting :

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index ... topic=1370 (http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1370) .

I received the following in an E-mail. I am posting the significant portions of that E-mail. Also, by sheer coincidence, last night I was dropping off a friend at the condo at which both he and GP reside. At that moment Ken (GP's Thai boyfriend) and GP were coming out of the condo. It was obvious that he was in bad shape again. That was a difficult moment to bear because only a few days before, just after his operation, he seemed to be in such good shape and good spirits:
_____

He is very ill again and has gone grey faced even more than Monday when I saw him. Wally, Ken & Wayne were there today and Allen has lost all brain power cannot remember safe or cards pins or numbers and they were out of food again. A safe man is on his way to get in it for allens cash and cards???

Ken took Allen to see Doc yesterday and had to pay 6500 baht. Just had enough in his pocket. It now appears that the 10% is only for IN-patient care nothing to do with his outpatient bills which he has to pay.

We have authorised a payment of 50000 baht to cover immediate bills and Ken and Wayne are sorting this but as for the long term Wally has his doubts, but Allen has recovered before. All we can do now is see to immediate bills and pray for the best. He goes to hospital again tomorrow.

End of GayButton's posting.

TravelerJim

Smiles
January 30th, 2007, 23:34
Has there been any thought to asking if Allen/GayPattayan is content with details of his very personal ~ it seems to me ~ medical condition(s) being splashed all over (at least) 3 public message boards?

For me, this orgy of discussion over details of an individual's sicknesses, treatments, invasive procedures is hugely intrusive ( e.g. " ... the Cranium Tap seems to be working ... " )

Cheers ...

RonanTheBarbarian
February 1st, 2007, 05:53
Smiles, i agree that the openness of discussion on "details of an individual's sicknesses" is a sensitive issue.

However, members of this board are being exhorted to attend fundraisers for Allen in these posts, and given the rather, shall we say sceptical and suspicious nature, of some posters around here, the blunt fact is that if Allen's friends want to get money for him, they will have to give a fair amount of detail of what is wrong with him and what medical procedures need to be paid for if people are to be persuaded to open their wallets.

I think that if i was in the financial situation Allen is in (according to reports) at the moment, I would be more worried about paying for the medical care I needed for my survival than anything else.

I know the above might sound a bit blunt, but having been in the past close to people who were trying to raise money for the medical bills of an unfortunate individual in a similar situation, I know how hard it is to get people to donate, and the only way to do it is to make it clear exactly how serious the illness is, and what the money is needed for.

Smiles
February 1st, 2007, 11:46
" ... I know the above might sound a bit blunt, but having been in the past close to people who were trying to raise money for the medical bills of an unfortunate individual in a similar situation, I know how hard it is to get people to donate, and the only way to do it is to make it clear exactly how serious the illness is, and what the money is needed for ... "
Hi Ronan,
I am not trying to be insensitive to the medical travails of Allen in these sad days, but my comments have nothing to do with the various money-raising posts which are at the moment flooding the Board(s): frankly. I hope they do fabulously in the money-raisin' department.

My questionings were strictly regarding the personal dignity being left behind ( in this case, Allen's ).
Sorry, but were I very sick, and very public, and very admired ~ and perhaps even very broke ~ I doubt I would enjoy having my innard's bloodied entrails (both physical & psychological) splayed all over the WWW, much like on an episode of 'CSI', or 'General Hospital', or the graphic depiction of hangin' drawin' & quarterin' in the latest edition of Helen Mirren's wonderful depictment of 'Elizabeth I'.

There is something in the many breathless postings of TraverlerJim and jinks, and etc etc etc which (unfortunately) smacks of a Jerry Lewis Telethon in all these posts, on all these message boards ... and I just wonder what Allen thinks about it all, considering that it's his heart, his cranium, and his life.

Frankly I couldn't give a fiddler's fuck about the breast-beatings one reads on Gay Thailand or Baht-Stop where the general ~ frigid & bureaucratic ~ spin is to question the methods or greed or decency of Pattaya's gay business elite ( which is all just phony 'Kissing-Hedda's-Ass' IMHO) in their rush to charitarize.
I doubt very much whether any great profit is being taken from this sad occurence . . . I'd just like to know if Allen is aware of the rapidly-growing institutionilization of his name, and his awful ~ and one would think private ~ predicament.

Is all.

Cheers ....