PDA

View Full Version : Bate and Switch at the Indra Massage?

TrongpaiExpat
January 30th, 2007, 00:09
I was walking on Soi Tantawan recently and a very cute boy standing outside of the Indra Massage Center (Across from the Tawan Bar) caught my attention, massage sir? I had been here before and found it just OK. I had a discount card for this place but did not have it on me. The boy said, mai pen rai discount for you, come in. I asked in both English and Thai that he would be doing the massage? and he said yes. There was this middle aged unfriendly lady behind the desk and she gave me a menu. I choose the 90 min. oil massage. The cute boy took my shoes and got me some tea. Then the lady said, have a seat, room not ready. I waited for about 5 min. and another cute boy showed up and said, shower? I said yes and he said, "follow me, I take care of you". OK, he was fine too, he can "take care of me". I showered, cute boy number two was waiting and he showed me to a room. I went in and he said, one moment. I waited another 5 min in the room and this slightly over weight 40 something unattractive Thai guy comes and to give me the massage. What happen to cute boy number one and two?

He did give a decent massage but the setting was annoying. I kept hearing these ladies laughing and talking in Japanese like there was a party in the next room. During the massage the massage guy seem to be loosing various articles of clothing so when I turned over he was in his skivvies. He offered sex, and I declined. He was fine with that.

Maybe it was just bad luck and not a bate and switch. I never saw the cute boys again but I did see the giggling Japanese girls as I was leaving, I wonder what went on in their room?

January 30th, 2007, 00:58
I would have walked out!

January 30th, 2007, 02:49
I would have walked out!

or at least said no to the older guy and demanded another!

January 30th, 2007, 02:55
Perhaps you meant "bait"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait_and_switch

Michael
January 30th, 2007, 04:33
Perhaps you meant "bait"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait_and_switch

Perhaps he was just trying to wind you up? (together with others here who seem to get some kind of pleasure from correcting spelling/typing mistakes when the meaning is clear to all)

piston10
January 30th, 2007, 06:22
Earlier this year I too was tempted by the guys outside and fell for it. I can't fully remember the experience - it wasn't a question of bait and switch, but there was a rude woman at a tiny desk and the massage was neither good, nor did it come to anything. Professional rip-off merchants, I would say, just laughing at you up their sleeves. Don't be persuaded to go in there for any reason.

January 30th, 2007, 07:40
Happily I have not had an actual 'bait and switch' situation. However, something very similar happens at places where I am a regular. I phone an appointment for a certain masseur or even one of two. I am assured that they are booked. When I arrive they are not available or have day off. This happens at Gent's Club and Candle T at Rama IV Court close to The Pinnacle. Last time I left, as I usually do when this happens, and went to Timeless Tunnel a new place on the same block. It was very similar to the other two, quite luxurious with in room shower. They had a book of photos of boys - non especially handsome for me. I had a massage with a plain boy. It was just ok.

What really surprises me is that the 'bait and switch' thing does not apply to the, sometimes a little aggressive. doormen along soi Twilight/Duanathawee Plaza. One would think that the owners would have attractive boys outside behaving nicely to suggest further delights inside. In most cases the opposite seems to apply. My vote for the worst, of a bad bunch, would have to be Dream Boys. One particularly obnoxious guy has taken to shouting "Gay Boys" at the passers by. This we know is not true as most boys inside are not gay. The best of the bunch used to be Wild West where they had handsome boys in open waistcoats/ vests, or shirtless, encouraging visitors and even did little extracts from their shows on the street. Their Wild success seems to be based on good business tactics.

bucknaway
January 30th, 2007, 08:48
I hate to admit that your story made me laugh! It reminds me of a skit I would expect to see on a Benny Hill episode!

I wonder if I would have stayed or left if that had happened to me. I like to think I would have left but I would have probably stayed and refused the "Happy Ending" also.

TrongpaiExpat
January 30th, 2007, 14:00
Eh Homy ol' man eh doc tong it's bate as in Masturbate.

Piston: Too bad you did not post anything about your negative experience at this place and save me 800B.

Sometimes the less attractive guys give better a better massage if a massage is all you want.

neddy3
January 30th, 2007, 15:46
Earlier this year I too was tempted by the guys outside and fell for it. I can't fully remember the experience - it wasn't a question of bait and switch, but there was a rude woman at a tiny desk and the massage was neither good, nor did it come to anything. Professional rip-off merchants, I would say, just laughing at you up their sleeves. Don't be persuaded to go in there for any reason.

I tried this place late last year, later at night, and on an impulse generated by a cute boy outside. He did do the massage himself, such as it was. piston10 describes the experience, as it happened for me, fairly well.

But I was spared the unpleasant desk madam.

Did not enjoy walking downstairs in a towel, both before and after the massage, to shower. A sight best not seen by the other customers whom I encountered. An in-the-room shower is certainly preferable.

It is not a place that I would choose to visit again.
But while we are on this topic, has anyone experience of the massage places on Suriwongse Road, near the Tartawan Hotel? Both ladies and boys outside, hence I said no many times. But one boy looked very good, and seemed to get the idea that was in my head.

neddy3
January 30th, 2007, 15:59
I tried this place late last year. It was on an impulse, purely lustful, later one night, and the impulse was brought on by the boy who asked me if I wanted a massage.

The boy in question did actually do the massage, such as it was. Neither good (nor really poor), and lacking any interesting developments toward the end.

I didn't encounter any unpleasant ladies on the desk.
But I did have to walk downstairs in a towel, to shower, both before and after the massage.
Encountering other customers, in this situation, is better avoided. At least they seemed to cope with the sight of me, not easily done.

I think piston10 has the place summed up fairly well.
I would not go back (other than an irresistable stunner outside). Aren't we weak as a rule?

While on this topic, there are a couple of places on Suriwongse Road, near the Tartawan Hotel, with both male and female masseurs outside.
I have many times walked past and said no, but one guy really caught my eye, and seemed to guess what might work for me.
I didn't follow up, expecting it would be a disappointment.
But has anybody any experience in these places?

January 30th, 2007, 20:37
I have often wondered what the Indra Massage place would be like. Staying at the Tarntawan and passing this place almost daily and being invited in by some good looking boys, I was tempted a few times but never did go in. Now I know to avoid it and just have the banter fun with the boys outside.

Neddy3 asked about the other Massage Parlors on Suriwong near the Tarntawan. One is actually called the Tarntawan Massage, and I have been there once! When you come out of the Tarntawan Place and turn Right it is the 2nd one you pass just before the Heritage Hotel.

Walking past the Tarntawan Massage place one day on the way back to the Tarntawan Place Hotel a boy stopped me and I recognised him from the massage parlor I usually go to when in Bangkok. He had changed jobs. Well, I thought why not visit him at the Tarntawan so I did. Not a bad place. Nice real separate rooms with shower. Lady on desk quite pleasant. Massage very good with Kong he also does "out-calls" he had seen me when passing through the lobby of the Tarntawan Place Hotel after a "job" there! A bit more expensive than where I usually go, and they don't have a coupon discount system. Got sick so never went back there for a massage (or anywhere else for a while!). Did chat with Kong outside a few times in passing. Has anyone been to the other place next door? Don't know the name.

January 30th, 2007, 20:46
lacking any interesting developments toward the end.

Why don't you go to a real gay sex massage place instead of relying on luck at a dump like Indra? There's no shortage of them, you know.

neddy3
January 31st, 2007, 04:48
lacking any interesting developments toward the end.

Why don't you go to a real gay sex massage place instead of relying on luck at a dump like Indra? There's no shortage of them, you know.

Generally, I do go to just such a place.

Visiting Indra was an impulse decision, and until a place has been tried, you just don't know. Now, I do know, and won't return. As boygeenyus points out, there are better options if you want a massage plus.
Others may be spared a disappointment at Indra, as a result of reading this thread.

I was interested in Hayjon's post about the Tartawan Massage on Suriwongse Road. However, he had a massage with a boy he knew.
Wonder what it's like if everybody is a stranger.
Actually, Hayjon's post also made me wonder where he goes regularly, and also what places have discount coupons for regular attendees. I've not seen these at the places I sometimes visit.

January 31st, 2007, 07:08
I have sent you a PM . Check it out. Hayjon

neddy3
January 31st, 2007, 07:34
Many thanks for that.

TrongpaiExpat
January 31st, 2007, 15:18
what places have discount coupons for regular attendees

You can have my discount card for the Indra Massage Center.

I get a lot of these cards. Moslty in low season they are passed out at various venues. One I have is from Janpa Massage Center, 15/1 Sukumvit, 20% ----never been there and forgot where or when I obtained it. Some places have a system of stamps and after 10 or so you get one free. You have to ask or they just assume your on Hoilday.

pronto
January 31st, 2007, 20:24
During my December visit, I too walked by Indra and had a nice little chat with a couple of guys outside. Passed on it, and then back at the Tarntawan Hotel (where I was staying) I asked one of the doormen what he recommended. He thought I was wise to turn down Indra....saying he thought I might be "disappointed". Now about the Tarntawan Massage place,...had a nice lad "Jack", I think his name was, visit me in my hotel room. Very enjoyable playful lad. He assured me that the other guys who worked there were would be equally playful. Had intended to go back the next day to find out, but changed plans. Instead, I went to Arena in Silom Plaza, a small number of blocks away from Tarntawan Hotel. I was very happy there. Good facilities, nice private room with in-room shower. And on the day I visited, had a very large selection of hot guys. Selected "Khun Big".. very attractive and accommodating. I was very pleased and will look forward to returning.