PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

January 29th, 2007, 11:44
DELETED

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 29th, 2007, 15:53
but I've been wondering when this story would break..it's been building for sometime now that not all was well especially in the lease department. A certain associated charity is begining to raise hackles as well with monies not being accounted for..( there has been no suggestion of misappropriation-just a general annoyance that proper accounts are not being kept)

Marsha-old
January 29th, 2007, 19:31
I do beleive that alot of the money for the so called charity has not been counted for.

There is a big article comming out soon, that will put the spanner in the works for a couple of the so called charities in Pattaya.

January 29th, 2007, 19:50
There is a big article comming out soon, that will put the spanner in the works for a couple of the so called charities in Pattaya.

Written by Andrew Drummond, by any chance?

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 29th, 2007, 21:19
who does Andrew Drummond write for ??

is this a case for LMTU or has he been scooped !!

January 29th, 2007, 22:48
I would hope that if there is a problem involving some of our members that it will be handled without bashing and hard feelings. Most time these things are just misunderstandings and can usually be resolved discreetly.

January 29th, 2007, 23:16
I would hope that if there is a problem involving some of our members that it will be handled without bashing and hard feelings. Most time these things are just misunderstandings and can usually be resolved discreetly.

'Misunderstandings' would not arise if proper accounts were kept from day one and until audited accounts are produced there will always be a suspicion that funds were not wholly used for the purpose the donors intended.

Anyone donating to a charity ( and were these charities actually registered as such?) is entitled to know exactly how the money was spent and who the benificiaries were / are.

January 30th, 2007, 00:35
As 1 who is about to book for later on this year, would some one mind letting on as to the name of the guest house /hotel

January 30th, 2007, 08:02
DELETED

January 30th, 2007, 08:09
DELETED

January 30th, 2007, 13:25
Some time back we went thru a nasty time with fund raising accountability and as a result we lost a couple major contributors and fund raisers. And none of it was really justifible. It boils down to that if you are unhappy with what is being reported(or how it is handled) then you stop contributing and find something else to contribute too. Many of the problem makers here are members who do not contribute at all but yet feel it is their duty to critciize those that do try. It really boiled down to what percentage was actually going to the charity and I do agree that it should be stated ahead of time how much (percentage) going to charity should be stated up front.

January 30th, 2007, 16:25
Botting you Bitch! Are you trying to scoop LMTU ?? All your queeny gossip on the bar stools in Sunee - who needs it...... Caveat Emptor as they say...Honey.

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 30th, 2007, 17:36
ask how your charity baht is being used. I did this when Dick posted his PATTAYA STREET KIDS SUPPORT PROJECT thread
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... hp?t=10032 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10032)

and they contacted me with very re-assuring details of how they spend the entire funds raised on the kids and gave me contact numbers for the 2 retired ( straight) Pattaya farangs who devote their time to the charity for no payment.

This makes me feel more comfortable in donating.

As for LMTU being trumped with this boarding house scandal..perhaps it is karma..the previous owner has spent months denigrating a former resident with all sorts of gossip when all the time things were not as they seem. This is a developing story and it's going to end in tears with a lot more gossip generated before it's fully played out. There wil be plenty of red faces in Pattaya ! :cyclopsani:

bigben
January 30th, 2007, 21:53
LuvThai said.... "Many of the problem makers here are members who do not contribute at all..."

Are you fuckn' nuts?

Some of us like to know where our money goes.

So now we are problem makers because we want accountability?

Get a life pal.......and that goes for the rest of you who apparently are owners that insist

we must blindly believe your bullS*it .......

All you cheap ass bar owners can pound sand as far as I am concerned........ I will be one of those who will have to take

the time to donate directly to the cause because I personally don't trust any of you. It is a shame there are so many

assH*le owners.....not all.....but most, especially when this is such a worthwhile cause.

Pity

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 31st, 2007, 03:03
I think the period luvthai is referring to is the great H***a sensation a few years back when he questioned where charity funds were going. It was about the only thing he's ever got right but he did it in a ham-fisted manner that frightened off many people.

People are being asked to attend various charity events in Pattaya-sometimes for people they don't even know who have fallen on hard times or become ill. The majority attend and contribute to these functions in the right spirit and businesses who support these charities get a spin off with added publicity and goodwill which helps their business. It should be a win-win situation all round--but that's why any charity should publish a yearly account and breakdown of funds raised and how they were spent.

I know some Aussies who ran a gardening centre in Australia and were the main donators to a Pattaya charity but pulled out for the reason that they lost faith in the system. I'm ambivlent about atending an upcoming fundraiser soon for a very good cause because I simply don't know if all the money will reach it's intended source because I have grave doubts about just person involved and his recent business dealings mentioned above leave me with little confidence. I'd rather just give the money direct to it's intended recipient.

Asking questions about charity shouldn't be discouraged and if answers are not forthcoming..alarm bells ring.

January 31st, 2007, 11:08
DELETED

January 31st, 2007, 16:14
I do not wish to get involved any further in this debate as I know both the old and new owner.

You really are worse than an old fat slag gossiping over the back fence, Botting......

lonelywombat
January 31st, 2007, 17:21
[quote="paul2257"

You really are worse than an old fat slag gossiping over the back fence, Botting......[/quote]

How could anyone be worse than you

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 31st, 2007, 19:17
To the contrary paul2257, that title would surely belong to a former GH owner who has been gossiping non-stop for many months now about other's propiety, yet at the same time had his own dark secrets ( like not actually owning what he had up for sale !). No wonder he wanted negotiations conducted in complete secret.

He's probably hoping his backer, who sadly has touches of altheimers ,well and truly loses all memory of the millions of baht he's loaned the bloke with much of it lost in a pool of dank water while any profits have been pocketed by this smooth talker.

Talk about chickens coming home to roost... :cyclopsani:

February 1st, 2007, 01:58
What about the 2 guys who were thought to be in volved in sticking Kevin up with regard to drugs in the fag packets, THEY SHOULD OF COURSE REMAIN NAMELESS . They still seem to be around and also, still involved in the PGF

February 1st, 2007, 04:38
sorry to be so dense, but what is PGA?

February 1st, 2007, 04:43
pattaya gay assocation

February 1st, 2007, 04:44
thanks...is PGA different from PGF?

February 1st, 2007, 05:21
thanks...is PGA different from PGF? U are right it should be PGF , thanks for putting me right

February 3rd, 2007, 15:56
DELETED

Hmmm
February 3rd, 2007, 17:44
Geez ... having had a thread of mine deleted recently for relatively benign comments about Thai politics, I find the potential libels being thrown around in this thread to be astounding.

And some of the people posting them are well known, which in Thailand is naive to say the least.

Perhaps some of you should invest in a parachute ?

Lunchtime O'Booze
February 4th, 2007, 09:27
there's no such thing on the internet according to those at bitch-stop and the font of wisdom h***a ! :cheers:

February 5th, 2007, 08:13
DELETED