PDA

View Full Version : Budapest

Brad the Impala
January 29th, 2007, 02:41
Any of our esteemed members have any experience of Gay Life in Hungary? I am having to spend six months there this year, so all information on cruising, bars, rent boys etc will be appreciated.

Thanks

January 29th, 2007, 05:37
How successful were you when you Googled, consulted Cruising for Sex etc.?

Brad the Impala
January 29th, 2007, 14:13
I got the bare bones from sites like gaybudapest, looking for a little more flesh and personal experience. Aren't we all?

Marsilius
January 29th, 2007, 22:13
Budapest can be very rewarding.

The bars can be very raunchy - especially Action Bar (Magyarutca 42) which, at least a year or so ago, had great strip shows and an active darkroom.

Lots of other bars, too, where boys can be had for a small sum - and good (but very cold at this time of year!) outdoors cruising along the river bank (near the Elisabeth bridge) where lots of Romanian boys were available for cash transactions.

Brad the Impala
January 31st, 2007, 13:33
Thanks for this Marsilius. Care to put a fugure on the "small sum"?!

How easy was it taking guests into hotels?

Thanks, you can pm me if you would prefer!

Marsilius
February 1st, 2007, 12:05
Comparable to most Eastern European cities, I guess, because, although I don't recall the exact sums involved, it certainly struck me at the tiume as nothing out of the usual range for that part of the world. If pressed, I'd say the equivalent of about ┬г30 / $60.

Re. hotels, I didn't use one but booked an apartment off the web instead. Far the best plan, in my experience, when you stay in Budapest, Prague or wherever.

Dboy
April 17th, 2007, 12:36
Was in Budapest about 4 months ago. Loved it. Going back this winter for 2-3 weeks. I think winter in Budapest would be great...that's when the bath houses get very active.

When are you going?

Dboy

Brad the Impala
April 23rd, 2007, 02:56
In Budapest now, here for another six months. Gay life is interesting, and lots of swarthy Rumanian rent boys, if you like that sort of thing at Arkadia. Not for me personally, but lots of cute guys, and lots of good fun at Bohemian Alibi, at the weekends. Action is seamy, with a dark room and a few rent boys, not necessarily in conjunction. It also has gogo show at around 0045.

Lots of good looking guys around, and when my bf joins me, we will certainly find out more!

To be continued....................

May 1st, 2007, 03:22
.... If pressed, I'd say the equivalent of about ┬г30 / $60.

That is expensive compare to LOS.

Marsilius
May 1st, 2007, 12:09
Yes it is, but if you go to THailand as often as most of us do, you can no doubt persuade yourself that a European boy is a special treat!

Brad the Impala
May 28th, 2007, 02:57
Well I can recommend the Alterego club, where I, a fat old fart, was pursued, successfully, by a cute 20 year old student, who had no intention other than to possess my body! I kept waiting for something to be requested other than myself, but the request never came.

As far as the rent boys go, they seem to be considerably less attractive and less fun, than the general welcoming local population.

lonelywombat
July 25th, 2007, 07:31
I will be in Budapest in September and will be there for the weekend

Any up to date info on the baths and bars would be most helpful

Marsilius
July 25th, 2007, 12:51
Things would have had to change a great deal for any other establishment to have caught up with Action Bar (Magyarutca 42), as mentioned above. I think that the strip shows there were the best I have seen anywhere in the world - very energetic, exciting and raunchy. The large darkroom is (I'm told!) very active, too.

Other bars were much smaller, quieter and more sedate. The one nearest the Elizabeth Bridge (forget its name) just had four rentboys - all literally asleep in the corner (I quite liked the look of one of them, but thought it not a good idea to wake him up!)