PDA

View Full Version : report back after trip to see family in village.

January 16th, 2007, 00:50
well i can now report back. i visited my b/f family up north for new year. we have been seeing each other for 18 months, my previous b/f was 5 years. b/f is 24 I'm 38 and he is ex b/f. i give him a monthly allowance of 15,000baht and visit 4 time a year when he gets 30, 000 baht plus gift each trip and good holidays overseas as well. i don't know how this compares to others.

well the family aunts, ma, pa, brother sister all stayed in Thia style house. wooden upstairs and new ground floor was concrete. i was well looked after, hot water for bathing, food was excellent and all the family wanted to cook for me. i also took 2 bottles of whiskey and gave my b/f 15,000 to spend as he wished whilst we were there.

this has to be one of the best trips i have ever made to LOL.

my b/f is ex bar boy from BKK where he work scene for 2 years before we met. now he has stopped. the family think he works in restaurant and family think i am Friend he helps learn Thai. before we arrived we agreed not to show we were b/f and no sex.
we stayed 3 nights and to my surprise they had got western style mattress and quilt for me and my b/f slept in same bedroom and bed. i asked him what he had said to family. he said i was scared to sleep alone so we stayed together.

Davey612
January 16th, 2007, 01:19
By my conservative calculations using a 40baht/dollar exchange rate, you are almost giving him in the 8,000-9000 US$ a year. And visiting him four times a year?

Well, more power to him. I hope that he is wisely using your money. Moving ahead in his education? Starting a business (I can't see him working in a restaurant forever)?

Thanks for the report.

Michael
January 16th, 2007, 04:03
Neo
Many thanks for reporting back to us. You're obviously a very generous soul! I'm so glad that others here didn't put you off visiting your boyfriend's home.
One question, do you still think he's straight? :love6:

January 16th, 2007, 07:59
DELETED

January 16th, 2007, 09:06
Neo, you are every thai boy's dream bf. All he needs is get 2 and he doesn't have to work at all. And I have to say to him... lucky boy!

January 16th, 2007, 12:07
i my b/f str8, I'm not sure? he had a girlfriend before but do not think he is seeing anyone now. yes he does like girls to some degree i have seen his expression when we have been in discos and see some of the go go girls. so he is definitely not 100% gay. He is not the most handsome and does not have the body of a god. he know that I think and he is always a bit nervous that i will leave him for one of the truly perfect looking boys in some of the best bars. but i haven't as yet. sex is pretty good to fantastic tho, gay or str8.

to the best of my knowledge he is not drinking his money away, doesn't seem to mix much with other boys and is saving towards buying more land And his house in the north. he openly admits he want to go back to the farm and spend his days living there. whether he is planning to get married to a Thai girl when he can afford to do so I am not sure.i suppose the problem is I quite like this boy and we have a laugh as well as great sex. yes i know i am quite generous compared to some i guess.

i guess the family are not stupid and what he is doing with me is not something to be talked about. maybe I'm just a bit a soft touch and this works to his advantage. well time will see. he does know i have cared for another Thai before for 5 years and this worries him I will do the same. he is very protective and likes to keep an eye on my movements, i guess this if The norm for other too.

anyone planning to visit the family, do it. its worth the trip. neo

January 16th, 2007, 12:18
he is very protective and likes to keep an eye on my movements

Very understandable...that he wouldn't want the Golden Goose to wander too far astray...

Blueskytoday
January 16th, 2007, 13:45
Well, your very generous with your money..Seems a lot, much more than I would give..Side Question: You visit about 4 times per year....When you return to YOUR country, what does HE DO??? Sit in his room watching a Thai Drama on TV? Do you think he is NOT seeing another guy alone with you?? Not going back to the bars at times?? IF he is not,,,how nice it is....otherwise ?????

January 16th, 2007, 13:57
Blueskytoday wrote :

Sit in his room watching a Thai Drama

There are no Thai drama's, only farang are in drama's ! :flower:

Mai pen rai : Thai rak Thai :alien:

January 16th, 2007, 16:15
With that amount of money he should have built a large house and bought qite a bit of land by now.

p.s if you need a bit of farang on the side - im only $3000 a year lol

January 17th, 2007, 00:29
i my b/f str8, I'm not sure? he had a girlfriend before but do not think he is seeing anyone now. yes he does like girls to some degree i have seen his expression when we have been in discos and see some of the go go girls. so he is definitely not 100% gay. He is not the most handsome and does not have the body of a god. he know that I think and he is always a bit nervous that i will leave him for one of the truly perfect looking boys in some of the best bars. but i haven't as yet. sex is pretty good to fantastic tho, gay or str8.

to the best of my knowledge he is not drinking his money away, doesn't seem to mix much with other boys and is saving towards buying more land And his house in the north. he openly admits he want to go back to the farm and spend his days living there. whether he is planning to get married to a Thai girl when he can afford to do so I am not sure.i suppose the problem is I quite like this boy and we have a laugh as well as great sex. yes i know i am quite generous compared to some i guess.

i guess the family are not stupid and what he is doing with me is not something to be talked about. maybe I'm just a bit a soft touch and this works to his advantage. well time will see. he does know i have cared for another Thai before for 5 years and this worries him I will do the same. he is very protective and likes to keep an eye on my movements, i guess this if The norm for other too.

anyone planning to visit the family, do it. its worth the trip. neo

Yes, you are right. I don't like missing my folks for a minute. It's not always that easy but it is always interesting and usually very enjoyable.

January 17th, 2007, 01:47
i will never know what my b/f does when i return to UK. he says he stay in rooms, sometimes he helps out in girl bar, go back to bar, hang around shopping center? I guess I will never know unless I make a surprise visit to BKK. yes it is in the back of my mind, and guess it will always be. maybe he has a stash of cash that i don't know about. i do know that he paid for his mum and dads house and paid for 2 weeks for him and his brother to go visit monks last year followed by big party in village.

i am due to visit BKK for work in a few weeks and have thought about arriving at his old bar to see if is still working. and i would not be honest if i had not thought about offing one of the very handsome bar bars for a wild session. time will tell i guess. my b/f does know i will move to BKK at some point to work and he is somewhat nervous about the fact that hundreds of boys will be available if i wish to off. will keep you posted.

Bob
January 17th, 2007, 04:56
You've expressed that you really don't know him that well and, frankly, you seem to imply you don't trust him. In that situation, it seems like you're spending a lot of money; nevertheless, hope everything works out the best for the both of you.

May 23rd, 2007, 05:00
Hi Neo, the general consensus here seems to be that you are giving your BF too much money. As I can only guess what your financial situation is, I will take a calculated guess that the amount that you give him is one that you are more than able to afford. If that is the case and you are happy with the time that you spend together, then I say it is the business of nobody but yourself what you give him and it is entirely up to you.

Don't be too concerned about the cynics here along with the "Cheap Charlies" I hope that things continue to go as you would like them to and wish you all the best for the future.

Choc Dee,

G.

Impulse
May 23rd, 2007, 06:53
Neo,I dont think your being too generous.you say the sex is good and it is a relationship so your happy.Most importantly the family treats you well. If the relationship ever ends,at least you wont have to pony up any more money.So I say enjoy yourself your doing good.

May 23rd, 2007, 09:31
DELETED

May 23rd, 2007, 10:01
Georgy Porgy and rocket, Neo posted back in January and Billy was just reinstating the post as he was being nosy about Neo's relationship.

Well, having done something now that I should have done in the first place, that is check the date of the post, I accept that I was suckered right into that by Billy. Just goes to show that we can all play the village idiot at times, even me. :geek:

By the way John, I am still waiting for you to own up to a mistake of your own in the Bondi thread I started and apologise for what you said. I hope that you will be man enough to do so and, from what I have heard about you from the few people I know, that also profess to know you, I am surprised that you haven't already done so. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eyebrowup.gif

I am out of here.

G.

May 23rd, 2007, 10:37
DELETED

catawampuscat
May 23rd, 2007, 12:59
Farangs think they know what is best for Thai people.
Parents think they know what is best for their children.
We (foreigners) all help redistribute the wealth and some of it ends up with mama/papa,
some with the girlfriends, some with liquor store, some with mobiles phone stores, and
some with improving the family's house or maybe a washing machine or an operation
for an old lady next door.
Once you give the money, you lose control over how it is spent and even if you try to demand receipts
or make them swear it is true, the money goes round and round.

If one can afford it, no amount of money is too much. If one can't afford, any amount of money can be too much.
The general concept (a generalization of course) is that today we live and tomorrow we die. Saving for a rainy day
is a foreign concept for most and for people who never had an extra baht, it is understandable for them to blow
the money on partying or whatever tickles their fancies.

How many of us saved our money when we were teenagers to build a house or start a restaurant when the option of
having a party, buying weed or maybe it was a stereo or a sportscar but only a very few put the money away for a
rainy day. Does it really matter if the boy has a girlfriend in his village? You can give the money but you can't control the boy,
especially when you are out of country.

Last thought of this, we are told what we want to hear. It is polite and makes up comfortable. Of course, the family knows the
boy is not your teacher or your guide but they accept the situation as they are not hung up with Judeo-Christian guilt about sex
and pleasure and are not appalled by age differences as in the West.. It is only money, honey... party on if you can afford it...... :cat:

TrongpaiExpat
May 23rd, 2007, 22:30
Georgy Porgy and rocket, Neo posted back in January and Billy was just reinstating the post as he was being nosy about Neo's relationship.

I would guess Billy just wanted to stir the shit as someone stating how much he gives a Thai boy always causes a stink on the boards.