PDA

View Full Version : Need Information on May and June

January 13th, 2007, 03:02
Have been to Thailand many times but always in November and December. Now thinking of going in May or June. Can any one tell me what changes I might experence. Like are all the bars open and still have the same number of boys and entertainment. Is the weather that much hotter. It was 95 degrees when I was there in November can't get much hotter can it. Are all the hotels still open and operating. Is the gay beach setup the same. I want to come at this time of the year so I can experience all the seasons so if I decide to move I will have a better knowledge of what to expect. By the way this board has helped to improve my knowledge of the area and always refer to it for new ideas. Thank you for your help and time.

Wazza
January 13th, 2007, 03:56
By far the best time of the year to come. The temperature may be a little hotter but Pattaya is a little less hurried, the proprietors and the boys are very happy to see you, most bars and all accommodation is open except for the usual bar closures due to business failure.
The Beach is open as usual and very good rates can be garnered on the accommodation scene.
The bar scene continues as normal with the PGF activities and a healthy degree of competing events to attract the limited Baht. So make that booking and enjoy.

neddy3
January 13th, 2007, 04:15
It is a really good time to come.

Maybe a bit hotter than December, but not the real heat of April.
Only half the number of falangs in the bars, at restauants, at the beach, so places are less crowded and more comfortable.
A few less boys about, but plenty nevertheless.

January 13th, 2007, 06:29
You will likely find air fares and hotel prices much cheaper than November/December. 95F is only 35C (that may make you feel cooler). Weather varies everywhere but it's the hot season for Thailand. Still most everything is air conditioned and the beaches always have a nice breeze.

Dick
January 13th, 2007, 09:43
Cheaper and quieter in May/June, but beware the start of the rainy season. It doesn't cause much of a problem at this time in Bangkok or Pattaya ~ you might get a shower for an hour during the afternoon, but elsewhere e.g. Phuket, it might really bucket down all day.

There was a rainfall/temperature chart for various regions within Thailand month by month in the resource forum, but the links now seem to be broken. It doesn't copy too well as a .jpg but if you email me I'll send you a copy of the original spreadsheet I filed away.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/trickydickie/ThaiRain.jpg

January 13th, 2007, 20:19
Thailand is actually worth visiting all around the year. Some rainfall might take place at any time but duration and intensity might vary regionally.

Bangkok is usually very hot and sweaty at any time while Pattaya with the southeast of Thailand is more moderate. The frequency of rainfall during June till Oct. is higher.

During “rainy seasons” some more heavy showers might occour all over Thailand, usually lasting not for long. After one hour or so everything is back to normal. Most rainfall happened due to the fall of temperatures during night time and very early mornings.

Sea conditions can be rough at Koh Samui, Krabi, Phang Nga, along the Andaman Sea side including Phuket; beaches might be closed for swimmers. Visitors sometimes cannot get any acces from/to smaller islands like Koh Tao and others due to the rough sea conditions. The Andaman Seas is often very dangerous for swimmers, especially from Mai until Nov.

The south, north and northeast can get fairly hot and humid. Chiang Mai is often pleasantly different with some refreshing breezes. Presently the north is especially during evenings very cold with temperatures well below 20┬░.

For some unknown reason, someone started to cathegorise the seasons. This scheme has been copyied ever since. From the beginning it was’t correct, but it hadn’t never been questioned.

I try of reduce my travellings during the peak season to the minimun but the so called low season I found just to be perfect for me. And kwnowing from business owners, the difference between peak and low season is not that much, unless the earnings can be higher; many places do raise there prices magically. Same as everywhere – special sales always starts soon after x-mas, while products are the same. ….