PDA

View Full Version : Screwboy re-opens

wowpow
January 11th, 2007, 19:38
"New Screw Boy has now opened in new location in Soi Twilight on the 3rd floor above 5 Star - opposite Balls

larger than the old Patpong bar, same mamasans, same concept, open late - after 2:00PM the boys just mingle, may open disco on 2nd Floor, drinks 160 Baht. decor about what you would expect, boys about what you would expect, activities in the bar about what you would expect!

bkkguy"

courtesy Cruisingforsex

January 11th, 2007, 21:14
"New Screw Boy has now opened in new location in Soi Twilight on the 3rd floor above 5 Star - opposite Balls

larger than the old Patpong bar, same mamasans, same concept,
If it is the same mamasan and presumably the same management it will not get my custom.

The Patpong bar was a seedy dump and one of the biggest rip-off places in BKK. Padding the bill was de rigueur as was putting an 'off fee' chit in a customer's bin even when the boy had only sat and had a chat and a drink. My mate and I were forced to leave in haste, including paying the offending 'extra' charge, because the atmosphere became very threatening when we complained about being charged an 'off fee' when we did not off the boys.

January 11th, 2007, 21:46
DELETED

January 11th, 2007, 22:01
Screwboy was my fave bar of all time.
Paying an off for an off you didn't order is absurd! They can see whether you have an off or not. Why would anyone pay for that?
But any new Screwboy can't possibly be the same ...

January 11th, 2007, 22:15
I ventured into the Patpong Screwboy premises only once. I think it must have been raining. Tattoos everywhere. I fled after 30 seconds, and they had to pursue me as I'd forgotten to pay for the drink (I was probably about to throw it up)

wowpow
January 11th, 2007, 22:24
Screwboys was one of the last sleaze pits around. I heard that they were going to call it Schoolboys but though Screwboys was more discreet? Most of my visits were disappointing but on occasions it was exciting. I remember well cringing at the willy whanging when the boys slapped their endowment against the chromium poles.

I never had any problems with mamasans or overcharging. Clean glasses and strong drinks were not their style but clean anything wasn't really the point of the place. No doubt it is now sanitized, black plastic leather, chrome and mirrors with a fragrant toilet.

January 11th, 2007, 22:59
DELETED

neddy3
January 12th, 2007, 04:51
Yes, a new bar in the Soi Twilight area is certainly welcome.

More welcome if it is a variation from all those bars with the same formula.
More welcome if the boys look at least happy to a degree, rather than bored shitless.
More welcome if it is more 'playful'.
More welcome if the music volume is below pain threshhold.

The old Screwboy was never one of my favourites, but I had a bit of a love-hate connection with it. I went sometimes, but irregularly.
It could be really good and fun, but it could also be dead and lacking interest or boys who appealed.
Toward its last days, it was not a good place, doing small business, and a 'boss' who seemed to be a drinker.

A mamasan from there was one of my least favourite Thai persons. We got to the stage of an understood mutual dislike, but at least she didn't bother me and try to push boys onto me.
I have seen her around some X-group bars in the interim. In fact, at a new bar (X-size?), we exchanged glances of contempt.
BTW, this is a nice bar (old fresh Boys), well set out, and on my one visit, there was a boy there who I really wanted to meet, but the music was so LOUD I gave up and left. Talking to this boy would have been impossible.

Overloud is one of my pet dislikes in BKK bars. It makes no sense to me. Am I alone here?

How is the volume at the new Screwboys?
And I wonder, is she there?

catawampuscat
January 12th, 2007, 16:38
I recall some of the boys banging their members on a metal pole which made a clanging sound.. The harder
the member the louder the clang.. I don't know about the chances of a third floor bar making it thou...

January 12th, 2007, 17:51
Paying an off for an off you didn't order is absurd! ----- Why would anyone pay for that?

Why ? If you are surrounded by several menacing guys and the only way to exit the place is to settle the bill (including the unwarranted off fee) - that is why !

January 12th, 2007, 18:10
If ever you find yourself threatened in a bar in Patpong or anywhere. Tell them that they are mistaken to charge you and that as soon as you leave you will go and see the Tourist Police. Alternatively dial your phone and tell them you are calling the tourist police to come to the bar.

In 13 years of visiting and living in Thailand I have never encountered or heard of anything resembling buaseng's experience. On one weekend in Istanbul yes.

January 12th, 2007, 18:24
Paying an off for an off you didn't order is absurd! ----- Why would anyone pay for that?

Why ? If you are surrounded by several menacing guys and the only way to exit the place is to settle the bill (including the unwarranted off fee) - that is why !
Sorry, but I find this story hard to believe.
If they were insisting you offed a boy, was there a boy with you ready to go or not?
If not, couldn't you just say, there is no boy, so no pay off for imaginary boy?
I can imagine getting scammed for drinks. How could you prove you didn't order drinks? But a boy is bigger than a small glass.
So, sorry, totally fishy story.

January 12th, 2007, 21:26

Sorry, but I find this story hard to believe.
If they were insisting you offed a boy, was there a boy with you ready to go or not?
If not, couldn't you just say, there is no boy, so no pay off for imaginary boy?
I can imagine getting scammed for drinks. How could you prove you didn't order drinks? But a boy is bigger than a small glass.
So, sorry, totally fishy story.

Unless you were there, and I assume your weren't, I suggest you keep your ignorant comments to yourself ! It happened!

Don't accuse me of lying, which is in effect you are doing by your comment. It was a frightening experience and at the time it was better to pay up to get out of the place rather than risk further confrontation - I may be a coward in that respect but I am not a liar!

January 12th, 2007, 22:31
DELETED

AMARETTO-old
January 13th, 2007, 00:13
Website

http://www.newscrewboysbar.com/

January 13th, 2007, 07:07
Website

http://www.newscrewboysbar.com/

And isn't the mis-spelling on the website so cute?