PDA

View Full Version : Taking your shirt off

January 9th, 2007, 23:03
Just a silly thing really, but I have noticed when I get to Thailand that a lot of western guys take their shirt off when clubbing and that sort of thing, who would never in this world do it back in their home country. The ones that do it in back in the UK - well I've seen some fit bodies - but the ones who decide to do it in Thailand, look a little - well you know what I mean - I'm going to stick my neck out here and say the majority of western guys in Thailand who do it look uugh - I just wondered who they are trying to convince. The Board's thoughts

TrongpaiExpat
January 10th, 2007, 00:02
You mean discos? I have seen that in western discos but where in Thailand do they do that?

The places I have been are mostly Thai and they don't take off their shirts. It's table dancing in crowded place with most drinking very slowly whisky mixed with coke and soda. The only ones taking off their shirts are the performers.

If that's happening someplace my guess would be they are not English speakers but either Russians or Euros.

My last visit to Pattaya I had a parting shot of this 40 something Russian walking around the bus terminal wearing only flip flops and a pair of speedos. You could clearly see the out line of each ball and his willybounced to and fro with each movement of his rather large frame. His accompanying wife had a bathing suit top on about two sizes too small and each nipple poked through the fabric. She had a wrap around her hips and I bet was not wearing underwear as her buttocks bounced vertically and laterally with each step. At least she had fashionable high heal shoes.

Speaking of strange dressing farangs. I just saw a huge group of young Swedish people in a tour group. The 70's sure got a grip on them. They all looked like something out of my high school year book from 1972.

January 10th, 2007, 01:05
I am not much into clubbing but I did go to a gay disco in Pattaya. The only shirtless guys I saw were cute, slim Thai guys. Maybe there were a few shirtless farangs but I did not notice them. I have seen shirtless westerners in shopping malls and supermarkets. My opinion is it is okay in a gay disco but uncouth and very unsightly to say the least in a shopping mall.

Smiles
January 10th, 2007, 01:16
" .... I did go to a gay disco in Pattaya. The only shirtless guys I saw were cute, slim Thai guys ... ".
. . . and the only ones we want to see de-shirted. (Thank you christ for small favours)

Cheers ...

January 10th, 2007, 02:15
I don't recall seeing many guys take their shirts off in Pattaya at clubs but then there are really no strictly gay dance clubs to speak of. However in Bangkok lots of guys take their shirts off and dance and/or pose at DJ. Yours truely on occasion takes off the shirt and dances at DJ. It is not just about good looking, fit Thai boys, it is about having fun and enjoying the experience. At Nation VI 75% of the guys were shirtless. Some had great bodies, most were average. It is about the event and is quite common in gay clubs or at circuit parties to remove shirts and dance the night away on ones drug of choice.

I must agree that walking around a shopping mall shirtless is pretty low class unless it is right on the beach where people pop in for food, etc.

January 10th, 2007, 02:48
I don't recall seeing many guys take their shirts off in Pattaya at clubs but then there are really no strictly gay dance clubs to speak of. However in Bangkok lots of guys take their shirts off and dance and/or pose at DJ. Yours truely on occasion takes off the shirt and dances at DJ. It is not just about good looking, fit Thai boys, it is about having fun and enjoying the experience. At Nation VI 75% of the guys were shirtless. Some had great bodies, most were average. It is about the event and is quite common in gay clubs or at circuit parties to remove shirts and dance the night away on ones drug of choice.

I must agree that walking around a shopping mall shirtless is pretty low class unless it is right on the beach where people pop in for food, etc.

You're the type of guy I'm on about if that is your avatar - you're exactly the type of guy I'm on about! No offence!

January 10th, 2007, 02:51
I must admit, for some unknown reason, I did not have my shirt on in a shopping mall in Pattaya once, after I had been a "run" on my cycle, letting the sun and breeze go through me, and I was a bit lazy in grabbing my shit, the security guard, quite rightly so, asked me to put it on or leave.

bobby-old
January 10th, 2007, 03:43
Seen it at DJ many times. Farangs with no fit body take their shirt off. Always thought that it was because of the magic thai vibrations where one is transfered from old, grey, nobody-wants-me, to "I m young again lets have fun".

Liamog
January 10th, 2007, 04:16
I thought the fitness fascists and muscle mary's only ruled the gay club scene in europe, apparently and sadly not. I thought that this was the reason most gay men who visit Thailand regularly do so - to get away from a scene where anyone who is over 25 years old and not permanently fixated on steriods and their own image is not welcome. If the gay scene is supposed to be such a liberating experience for us all how come so many gay people spend so much time telling other gay people what not to do. Get the shirts off if you want boys of all ages - it's your life.

Liamog
January 10th, 2007, 04:17
I thought the fitness fascists and muscle mary's only ruled the gay club scene in europe, apparently and sadly not. I thought that this was the reason most gay men who visit Thailand regularly do so - to get away from a scene where anyone who is over 25 years old and not permanently fixated on steroids and their own image is not welcome. If the gay scene is supposed to be such a liberating experience for us all how come so many gay people spend so much time telling other gay people what not to do. Get the shirts off if you want boys of all ages - it's your life.

January 10th, 2007, 07:34
Were they wearing sandals and ankle-length socks as well?

Liamog
January 10th, 2007, 08:12
Were they wearing sandals and ankle-length socks as well?

Obviously there are limits, for the sake of decency. :geek:

January 10th, 2007, 10:15
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/82_12.jpg
body 9/10 underwear 3/10

My eyes clock the weird farangs but concentrate on the glory of the Thai guys. From a Thai point of view "Why do you 'see' things you don't like?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/FestivalIcon.jpg
Bodies 10/10 underwear 20/10
Cheeky Surprise! courtesy someone? maybe Jinks? Oh how I miss the glorious Icon dancers!

DJB0Y-old
January 10th, 2007, 17:37
Oh come on guys.

Let these topless guys have some fun.

You might like to try it yourself some time. There is a strangely liberating feeling being shirtless in a disco .. especially when you are around a group of other topless guys.

Why be so judgemental? It's only a shirt. Are you this critical in the sauna where the guys are wearing even less.

Shirtless dancing has been very popular in gay clubs for years. Where have you guys been......maybe only in the virtual gay world of the Internet.

The real world can be much more fun.

:bounce:

Lunchtime O'Booze
January 10th, 2007, 22:55
I've seen Homitern in sandals and socks and just a leopard print thong !.

it's never bothered me. And I might add -that's in the street in Bangkok.

Brad the Impala
January 10th, 2007, 23:38
It's bad enough when people take their jackets and ties off. To remove one's shirt in public is surely the action of a primitive, ................hopefully.

jinks
January 11th, 2007, 00:59
Cheeky Surprise! courtesy someone? maybe Jinks? Oh how I miss the glorious Icon dancers!

What has it got to do with me ?

Just for you wowpow ... The same boys, 2000/01 at the Icon Hotel.
http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/thai/iconhotel01/images/05_jpg.jpg

http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/thai/iconhotel01/images/19_jpg.jpg

http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/thai/icon00/images/22_jpg.jpg

dave_tf-old
January 11th, 2007, 06:00
"why do you 'see' what you don't like?"

Anyone seeing something as unsightly as a bare-chested farang should simply demurely avert his eyes and raise his fan between his face and the offending object.

January 11th, 2007, 15:18
I've seen Homitern in sandals and socks and just a leopard print thong !. It's never bothered me....

One can safely assume you were not sober?

January 12th, 2007, 03:11
White Desire: Avatar is me. :wave: