PDA

View Full Version : Great American Rib Company - authentic hickory wood smoked

January 9th, 2007, 00:30
I'm sure that this has been reported before but I cannot trace. Anyway I dined there this evening and was pretty impressed. The place is bright and cheerful with plastic check cloths and comfortable benches. The owner was there and explained the cooking method and recommended The Great American BBQ Half Feast a full rack of ribs, a half Butt-Kickin Chicken, mound of pulled pork, pepper coated pastrami pork, BBQ Beans, cole slaw, curly fries, potato salad, corn on the cob and jalape├▒o corn bread all for 595 baht + 7% +10%. It's advertised as serving 2 to 3 persons but we took half away and fed most of the boys at Wild West Bar. This is a real carnivores feast and everything was moist and very tasty indeed.

Over half the diners were PLUs and some had indulged heavily in the Pitchers of Margaritas.
The Pattaya branch is on Thepprasit Road a little way along, on the right, travelling from Thappaya Road 038 300 874
They have branches in Hua Hin, Bangkok and Phuket http://www.greatrib.com/

Bill for 2 with the meal above and a chocolate gateau and ice cream plus a pitcher of draught Heineken was 1100 baht including tax and 10% service, but one can eat much more modestly. The owner seems to be present all the time which augurs well.

January 9th, 2007, 08:54
I agree with wowpow That the American Rib Comapny is a good place to try. I have seen several Board members eating there, all who have said they enjoyed it. The full feast is plenty to eat for 4 or 5 people in my opinion. If you like the sides that come with it, just ask for more. No problem. The staff and owner are very helpful. The owner is a good promoter of his product and always available

January 10th, 2007, 01:19
I too, have to give a positive review to this restaurant. I had the ribs with two sides and a draught beer and everything was good. Service was good. The American owner/manager was on sight and friendly.