PDA

View Full Version : Koh Set

January 5th, 2007, 14:13
I found this in an eight year old copy of Lonley Planet! I was thinking about going down there with a friend for 3 or 4 days just to chill. Anyone been there and any advice?

January 5th, 2007, 22:06
Sorry where is it, have tried to google the name and found nothing.

January 6th, 2007, 02:29
I found this in an eight year old copy of Lonley Planet! I was thinking about going down there with a friend for 3 or 4 days just to chill. Anyone been there and any advice?

This location is unknown to me - which is for me pretty unusual. Please let me know more; I defenitely will be there within the next month and have a look .. Thank you...

Bob
January 6th, 2007, 05:05
Never heard of it. You think they meant Koh Samet?

[Edited to correct spelling to undo BG's knickers]

Dick
January 6th, 2007, 05:22
There is the Laem Set Inn/Beach on Hua Thanon Beach, Koh Samui.
Seems the most likely possibility.

January 6th, 2007, 11:53
Never heard of it. You think they meant Koh Somet?

Or Koh Samet, even?

lonelywombat
January 6th, 2007, 12:44
Phil I found this in an eight year old copy of Lonley Planet! I was thinking about going down there with a friend for 3 or 4 days just to chill. Anyone been there and any advice?

VBB, badboybilly,boygeorge, you must remember never to throw away books after
you have coloured in the pictures with your crayons. Your memory is not great.

TAT have no record of Ko[h] Set neither have the past issues of Lonely Planet

TAT also feels that you have confused the name with Ko[h]Samet

As you have stated you plan to visit there, how about explaining where "there" is,and what are the attractions.

January 6th, 2007, 18:08
Sorry Guys, The correct name is Ko Saket, again my appologies.

January 6th, 2007, 19:33
Sorry Guys, The correct name is Ko Saket, again my appologies.

Well, I found the Island not worth another try. It is very small. You can reach the island from Hai Sai Thong. Any fishing boat shall take you there for around 200 TBT each trip.

The heavy impact of petrol chemical and other industrial plants on the mainland was obvious to me; the shore was rather dirty. While I have been there, the local fishermen didn’t eat there own catch….. Being close to the mainland, the island is heavily polluted. After about 3 hours I went straight back to Rayong.

January 8th, 2007, 13:19
Thanks ttom,I will skip that trip and find a better venue.