PDA

View Full Version : Beware the tooth fairy

January 28th, 2006, 05:37
Foreigner has teeth stolen after liaison

Hard to make himself understood A farang, who picked up a young man in PattayaтАЩs raunchy Sunee Plaza district, was speechless after finding his teeth missing the following morning. The glass where they had last been given refuge was empty. The couple booked into a short-time hotel which turns a blind eye, or maybe even two, to occasional liaisons of this type. The European foreigner, aged 58, tried to complain to the management what had happened, but could not pronounce the words properly without his dentures. Eventually, another guest at the hotel suggested he write down his complaint on a piece of paper. This was then translated back into Thai so that the receptionist had the full picture.

A staff meeting was then held to ascertain the next course of action. There was a general consensus that the teeth were unlikely to be returned by the youthful criminal, although a detailed check on the room was ordered in case they had simply been mislaid or dropped on the floor. Another idea put forward was to phone the tourist police who in turn suggested an embassy helpline. An official there queried what anybody would do with someone elseтАЩs false teeth in any case as their market value must be extremely low. In response to a question, the toothless fellow agreed he was not carrying a spare set. If he had been, it was stressed, the crisis would have been over by now. It was then decided that the best thing was to have another set of teeth made immediately and an appointment was set up with a local denture manufacturer to make the impressions. At this point, the foreigner was asked to pay a deposit of 5,000 baht, whereupon he discovered that his wallet containing 16,000 baht and two credit cards had also been stolen by the sneak thief in the bedroom. The man was asked to go to the police station to file a stolen goods report but had to delay for 48 hours until his new teeth were ready.
Pattaya Today - I think - via Thorntree

January 28th, 2006, 13:37
As a wearer of dentures, that just hit me so funny. The theft of anything is not good...but that would be so embarrassing. I can just imagine me sticking my teeth in my hotel safe at night. Or even speaking my very limited Thai...which nobody understands anyway... Sorry...I am cracking up. :sign5:

January 28th, 2006, 13:52
there could be an advantage..apparently you can give a great b/j .

as you can see from this passport pic of Edith she's sought out far and wide to give head, as our American friends call it.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/aron2005/CAKL2BCT.jpg

January 28th, 2006, 14:58
as you can see from this passport pic of Edith she's sought out far and wide to give head, as our American friends call it.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/aron2005/CAKL2BCT.jpg

You know damn well that's Hedda!...After whom an American originated the expression, 'head,' starting, for once, a slang expression in the midwest, from whence it worked it's way to both coasts, Europe and Asia and, ultimately, ended up in an Australian suburb: Canada.
The Midwest: where that someone we all know and love once, after having a drop too much home made port, dropped her falsies...teeth, that is...down the distaff-side hole in the holy two-holer.
But the fates were kind; lil' Buford went to take a dump and, just as he dropped his hippins and was about sit down to play, he saw those oversized, crappy choppers grinning up and him from the pit and, in his haste dropping back issue: April 1996, of Inches magazine into the other hole, ran away screaming for his mum...He was only sixteen! A few passes with the a fish net later; everyone, teeth firmly in place, was finally--half-an-hour late--able to sit down to dinner. The cover of Buford's magazine was a total loss, however. Nevertheless; he kept working away and that Spring was passed on to the fourth grade...Not that one thing had to do with the other: his third grade teacher, Mr. Shirley, moved to Omaha.