View Full Version : outgoing private messages are not sent?

Dboy
January 3rd, 2007, 11:02
Is this only happening to me? When I send a private message, they are going to the outbox but
never appear to get sent.

Dboy

January 3rd, 2007, 13:07
I get the same thing.

Smiles
January 3rd, 2007, 20:04
I posted this in another thread a few weeks ago. Copied it here to explain (again) the wonderful ways of the Sawatde Forum PM feature.

The PM feature on this Board has a feature which did not exist on the old EZBoard version of Sawatdee (and it sure confused me at first): Once a person hits "SUBMIT" to a private message it goes and sits in an "OUTBOX" until the recipient opens it and reads it.

The entire time the message is waiting there to be read, it is 'editable' (or even 'deleteable') by the sender. It only becomes a real message upon being opened up by the intended recipient, then becoming the property of the recipient.

So if you didn't read a PM for, say, 2 days, the author can go back into it and edit or delete it (if he has second thoughts). Once it has been opened, it automatically switches over into the "SENTBOX".

Hope this helps

Cheers ,...

bao-bao
January 3rd, 2007, 20:08
I seem to remember something in a past post about a message staying in your "sent" box until it had been opened by the recipient, and then it would move to your "out" box, but I could be remembering that incorrectly. I know they don't immediately move.

I'm sure jinks or ES or Smiles will chime in and set us right.

jinks
January 3rd, 2007, 23:29
I am not sure of the mechanics in the process.

I do konw that after hitting "send" the message remains on the page as if it was not sent.
I know this happens to other posters because I frequently get dup/triplicated messages after the "send" was hit twice or more.