View Full Version : Save before you send

bucknaway
January 2nd, 2007, 07:03
If you are going to post a topic, save it before you hit the send button. I typed a post and when I hit the send button I got this message.

Mistake! Your message is sent to hell!!!! Your message was composed very quickly. We therefore suspect that it was composed by a spambot. If we are mistaken and you are human, you may page back and re-send your message. Thank You

Then when I hit the back button, the posting window came back but my post vanished.

elephantspike
January 2nd, 2007, 07:41
oops!

Good idea, Buck. Sorry about the pain in the ass. It's part of my trial and error approach to my war on spambots. Looks like I'll have to chalk this one up to error and try something else. Give me a few days on that though.Sorry and thanks.

bucknaway
January 2nd, 2007, 07:46
It is a small price to pay to make our board spam free :)

January 2nd, 2007, 12:03
oops! It's part of my trial and error approach to my war on spambots.

I would THINK that you might check the settings of the SpamBot guard! Should be about 1 minute between posts. It doesn't sound too complicated to me.

January 2nd, 2007, 13:00
Maybe someone has already mentioned this...but, by clicking PREVIEW and then, once in PREVIEW mode, clicking SUBMIT, the post will be successful.

Of course the next question is, How do the SPAMBOTS manage to successfully post when it's so hard for us? Do SPAMBOTS know how to PREVIEW? If so, who told them? Hedda?

January 2nd, 2007, 13:37
I thought this for sure was gonna be about BS sick buffalo , need new phone or sick granny when i read the thread title lol

lonelywombat
January 2nd, 2007, 16:12
oops! It's part of my trial and error approach to my war on spambots.

I would THINK that you might check the settings of the SpamBot guard! Should be about 1 minute between posts. It doesn't sound too complicated to me.

If everything is so uncomplicated why did you post this message twice