PDA

View Full Version : Utopia membership card

December 30th, 2006, 22:19
I am going to Thailand in January and am considering the purchase of a Utopia membership card. I've never known anyone who has one and so I'm interested in any experiences anyone has - i.e., easy to use, a hassle to use, worthwhile, a waste of money, etc? Thanks.

Jetsam
December 31st, 2006, 02:11
I don't know anything about the Utopia membership card, but if you are interested in mortgages too, the above poster was very helpfull, lol :clown:

but maybe it was just SPAM,
it is always a possibility that it was just that.

December 31st, 2006, 22:17
..but that's OK, I've decided not to get it for now, better to wait and see if Niddy's Nook will still give the Utopia card discount after it's sold...

Utopia
January 1st, 2007, 02:15
Couldn't be easier: just show your plastic member card for discounts and benefits at over 330 gay businesses in 17 Asian countries including Thailand.

Any complaints (about 2 per year) we resolve immediately with the business owner in question.

January 1st, 2007, 02:52
Thanks, Utopia.

I was only joking about waiting for Niddy's Nook. :clown:

January 1st, 2007, 11:29
The Utopia card does work. I got one many years ago and a stay at the old Icon Hotel in Pattaya gave me a discount larger than the cost of joining. I currently use it occasionally at Balcony when a few of us eat and drink. I rarely use it when I am alone as the amounts are so small.

I don't think that there is any other discount card with anything like the huge coverage of the Utopia one. I just had a peek at the establishments in Asia and Australasia - everything from acrylic wigs to Lesbian guesthouses but with a strong core of gay friendly hotels, bars and massage places.

It's easy to work out if you will save money with the card and up to you.

http://www.utopia-asia.com/member.htm

January 4th, 2007, 09:46
I have had mu Utopia card for about 8 years and it has been beneficial at the Ambiance Hotel in Pattaya and Tarntawan Place in Bangkok ....it has paid for it self many times over.....I have used it at restaurants too.

January 6th, 2007, 08:10
... in the "don't leave home without it" category but I've generally got it in my wallet. Cutey & Beauty give me a discount on the weekly moustache waxing, for example. Generally the standard discount for the card is 10&, and then the tip is 10% ... and you're back where you started. What people these days call a win-win (or so I'm told)

January 6th, 2007, 09:43
Pedantic? Moi!

1000 - 10% = 900 + 10% = 990 baht using Utopia Discount card

1000 + 10% = 1100

Card saves 110 baht

Most people don't tip 10% on Hotel accommodation bills.