PDA

View Full Version : Stop this !

December 30th, 2006, 07:02
I was making a new post about " is there a helicopter rent near Pattaya ".

When i push submit i get " go to hell " !

ES, can you please stop your program go is sending our post to hell ?

It does not only stop spam ! but a new message from the members as well !

Thanks.

PS ; I understand you try to protect SF from spam messages. :flower:

December 30th, 2006, 14:27
I was making a new post about " is there a helicopter rent near Pattaya ".
There was one near Pattaya Park but I think it's been gone a long time.

When I push submit I get, "Go to hell! "
Maybe it knows you?...

December 31st, 2006, 01:20
The Flying Club in Sri Racha at Bang Phra Airport, phone 038-777348 or mobile mobile: 081 9962957 info@thaiflyingclub.com is a main source of information. They can let you know all about flying in Chon Bury province.

If you are looking for good standard accommodations around Sri Racha for reasonably price, the are also very helpful.

Sri Racha is about 20 to 30 min drive from Pattaya direction towards Bangkok.

December 31st, 2006, 02:45
Thanks for the information ttom. :flower:

December 31st, 2006, 06:41
Last night I was trying to make a post and I was told I was a Spambot!
Now I've been called many things in my life but this was really from left field. I'm not even sure if I should take it as an insult or a compliment. I could have been called a Troll or even (shudder) a HYDRA!
I wonder if this is part of the new Web 2.0 thing everyone's talking about?

December 31st, 2006, 08:01
It would appear to me that our tomfool webmaster has done it again with his tiny wittle security toys! Will we EVER learn?

December 31st, 2006, 12:22
seems to defend for hours!

Just log of and back on

December 31st, 2006, 18:09

In the interests of accuracy, the driving time Pattaya-Sri Racha is, in my experience, more like 45 minutes (unless you are travelling on a quiet day when there is little traffic about, especially on Sukhumvit Road).

dab69
January 1st, 2007, 14:03
how the hell do the spammers get in here in the first place

isn't this place password protected?

January 1st, 2007, 15:43

In the interests of accuracy, the driving time Pattaya-Sri Racha is, in my experience, more like 45 minutes (unless you are travelling on a quiet day when there is little traffic about, especially on Sukhumvit Road).

Yes, you where right, especially while counting from Jomtien or central Pattaya and normal day time traffic conditions. Off the motorway leading to Bangkok, the flying Club is easy accessible.
Sorry if my information might turn out being misleading.

I found this web site too: www.thaiflyingclub.com (http://www.thaiflyingclub.com)

As assumed, helicopter rentals or flying lessons are possible.

For map, names and contacts please refer to the web site above.

elephantspike
January 2nd, 2007, 05:30
how the hell do the spammers get in here in the first place

isn't this place password protected?

I'm not sure what you mean. Anyone can register a name and password and post spam. I delete the spam and the member when I see it.

What the latest thing I'm trying is supposed to do is to stop automatic programs from registering as users just to post spam. It looks like it's going to take a little trial and error, though. In the meantime, I'll just continue to manually de-spam the board on a daily basis.

Dboy
January 3rd, 2007, 02:51
This 'go to hell' thing appears to be based on how many seconds from the time the message editor window is called and when the message is posted right? Anyway I think this routine should only run for NEW users. The algorithm should be:

if username <= 30 messages posted {

run the go to hell check

} else {

be nice and just post the message

}

....at the very least, the timer is set way too long right now. how many seconds after registration do the evil robots wait before a posting attempt?

Also, the page back and re-send is not really working

Dboy

January 3rd, 2007, 07:48
.... when one posts a new message on here, no matter how long they take, when they click on the button to post it, it comes up with:

go to ... youre typing too quick etc.

However, I have noticed, if you click on preview, then post it, it seems to work.

Dboy
January 3rd, 2007, 09:44
Thanks

Dboy