PDA

View Full Version : The Ashes

December 28th, 2006, 13:55
I noted a lively discourse this time last year when England reclaimed this little trophy. Given that two of our best are retiring I hope next year will be more ,shall we say ,competitive? :cheers:

January 5th, 2007, 13:59
The silence has been deafening, Your English team has done you and your country proud as they never gave up.The Barmy Army has recieved accolades from all including the Australian Captian. What a great test ! Only one more thing to add :- 5.....Nill ! :cheers:

Bob
January 6th, 2007, 04:25
Feeling sorry for you that nobody wanted to respond and because I didn't have a clue what the heck "The Ashes" is/was, I actually googled it and found out it has something to do with crickets.

Geez, you guys have to come out of the dark ages and quit playing with bugs. We yanks let ours sing madly for love in the spring but we don't play with them. And it might even be a crime here.

Cheers. :cheers: (or should that be Cheerios.....which we call a cereal but that's another story....)

January 11th, 2007, 20:36
Actually the fact that an American replied to this post first is ample proof of the poor little darlings gone off to sulk.And that is said in good fun though we flogged them in the first 20/20. The great thing about those living in the USA is at least they have a sense of humour. All the best guys.