PDA

View Full Version : Transport from BKK to Rayong

December 27th, 2006, 18:02
am spending few days with b/f in Rayong. what best way to travel, bus, taxis (bit far?) or plane.

December 27th, 2006, 18:22
And where would you and your bf be travelling from to Rayong? If Bangkok, you can get to Rayong by bus or taxi. Same as if you are inPattaya. Of course, by taxi would be a much more comfortable ride. Sorry Rayong has no airport...... maybe you can get there by helipcopter if you can get one to charter.

December 27th, 2006, 19:26
Taxi from Pattaya to Rayong cost me 700 baht - only been the once so not sure if that was a good deal or not - a friend arranged it.

Dick
December 27th, 2006, 19:55
Neo
Take a cab from Pattaya or Bangkok, assuming this is your point of origin. I'm sure your boy special can negotiate a reasonable fare with a cab driver, or, you might arrange for your hotel to collect you from Pattaya. It will obviate many problems.

I went to Rayong 2 yrs back with my then bf just for a bit of piece and quiet in a nice hotel. This was Loy Kratong time. (Our Kratongs sank with the first wave by the way, even though we waded out a little in an attempt to give them a safe launch.) Beach was nothing special although bigger than Pattaya, and only a few local people here and there. Main reason for going was that neither of us had ever been to the seaside resort of Rayong before, so it was somewhere not too far from Bangkok that we could both discover together during his few days holiday. Until the weekend when a flock of Thai people checked in as guests of rich dad for his kid's birthday party, the two of us helped make up a midweek total of 5 residents. Slept, ate, drank, walked the beach, ate, watched the local fishermen, swam in the pool, ate, sat by the pool, drank, I read book, he watched TV... just a lazy few days without the hustle and bustle.

dab69
December 27th, 2006, 22:30
please tell us what interesting places you find.

still kinda upset, got BACK from vacation last year
to find on this site a smallish "hotel" in Rayong was for
sale for ~ $10,000

December 28th, 2006, 15:39
700 tbt for taxi is the avarage price, unless you find a taxi from Rayong headig back.

I would take a bus from petrol station near Big C on Sukhumvit road. There are plenty of busses running to Rayong all day long and some at night time. Costs vary between 40 and 80 TBT. pending on bus. I would use a blue VIP one. For bus the pro is, you'll get a nice view of the area, unlike the very limited views out from a car.