PDA

View Full Version : good manners at Jomtien beach.............

catawampuscat
January 27th, 2006, 12:41
As a long timer in Pattaya , the beach scene at Jomtien has become an occasional rather than daily part of my life..Recently I have missed weeks at a time and found other ways to occupy the time, including pools , a movie, relaxing at home, visiting friends etc..
Recently, I have been going to Jomtien somewhat more frequently but this last week , I remembered one the reasons I stopped going often..

The main issue for me is how loud some farangs speak on the beach in the chairs or standing..I had the unfortunate experience of sitting next to an American who was talking non stop so loudly that everyone in the three or four surrounding rows heard every word..He was very boring and talked about very banal things like his garage improvements etc..
My problem was when he friend left, the American loudly shouted "How are you?" ..I thought he saw someone he knew in the distance or was talking on this mobile and didn't look at him..In ten seconds, he shouted out again "How are you?".. This time I thought, oh no, he is talking to me, even though we never had eye contact or looked at each other and decided not to look..The third time he shouted "Excuse me, How are you?", I turned and theatrically said 'Are you talking to me".. He just continued on asking the usual noisy questions, Where do you live, are you an expat, how much is your rent etc..
I was stunned at how impervious he was to my body language and short answers but he obviously had no idea that he was speaking much too loudly and was totally ill mannered..
Unfortunately, I was also sitted in front of another American, who also shouts and pontificates..All this loud talking must have resonated with yet another American who shouted out his political viewpoints on current dilemma with the Democratic Party in the USA.. He was an idiot and made Fox News look good..
My point in all, this is please guys speak softly and be considerate of your neighbors..To the impossibly rude American (I'm American BTW) who insisted on speaking to me, I regret now not telling him off..I forgot to mention he took my chair next to me ,often filled with visitors, so a Thai boy could sit between him and his friend..When the boy left he stayed in my side chair and even used my table for his drink..
Many people have left this beach concession because it is often crowded and often loud but I was sitting in hell the other day, let me tell you...

PeterUK
January 27th, 2006, 13:18
My point in all, this is please guys speak softly and be considerate of your neighbors

Sorry to be the one to inform you, catawampuscat, but there's not (ahem) a cat in hell's chance of your request being listened to. It's a trade-off. If you want the eye candy of the busy part of the gay beach you have to put up with the noise. If you want peace and quiet (as I usually do) you sit further down, beyond the Rabbit resort. Not guaranteed even there, but much more likely. And still the occasional eye candy in the form of young men strolling soulfully along the shore.

January 27th, 2006, 14:38
Unless there been in Australia a long time you will always find tanks shouting when they talk.They like to run things and be in control,so they talk very loud sometimes non stop.But Catwampus your a arrogant prick who is stuck uP,Why didnt you just smile and tell him your ok and leave it at that,but no mate your one of those white shoe wearing queens,and i dont mean any disrespect its just i hate arrogant people who like to judge someone cause they were talking loud and he asked you how are you.Mate he probaly only asked you because you were staring at him.Then again he was being friendly,had it been me i wouldnt bothered even asking how you are.He asked you 3 times how you are,theres no need to be rude.Mate i usually bring my CD Player and dance topless on that Jomtien beach waving my manboobs around On my 157kg beutiful body .Then again you could of got a Dutch man who would of ignored you.

January 27th, 2006, 16:11
But Catwampus your a arrogant prick who is stuck uP,Why didnt you just smile and tell him your ok and leave it at that,but no mate your one of those white shoe wearing queens,and i dont mean any disrespect its just i hate arrogant people .

Billy sometimes you brighten up the day with your way with words. :cheers:

jimnbkk
January 27th, 2006, 20:20
I agree. I enjoy reading what Mr. Sydney, aka. billy says. He certainly has a way with words, even if I have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out what he's trying to say. Between misspellings and Aussie-talk, sometimes it's a bit of a challenge to decrypt his meaning.

TrongpaiExpat
January 27th, 2006, 21:07
Some people who talk loud do so because of a hearing loss. Others were just born with voices that have a deep resonating quality. It's not always and only rudeness.

IMHO it's not a question of Nationality either.

The price you pay for living in Pattaya is your always going to mix with the on Holiday crowd. They drink too much and are trying to have as much fun as possible in a short time.

catawampuscat
January 27th, 2006, 23:25
I am sure King Kong is one of the loud mouths idiots that I have to endure..I have mssdyney on ignore and now kk makes the ignore list..
Only a very sick mind or a very depraved soul would read and highlite the words of a total creep and the scum of the forum..I feel sorry for you King Kong for you are surely a big stupid ape like your namesake...Ignore is bliss..............
Just figured it out...Kingkong is just another name for the demented one and now they can talk to each other with bbbilly..

January 27th, 2006, 23:44
Mrsydney, is King Kong your younger brother ? :bom:

January 27th, 2006, 23:52
The possibility of deafness is touched on and this could well be the case... these people are old enought to have been in the Vietnam War and that was very noisy.

catawampuscat
January 27th, 2006, 23:57
Of course, I realize that my post will not change behavior and I hope you have the common sense to realize that..If only I could change behavior by posting, lot of things will be different and trolls with hundreds of smites would be banned but reality is that we all post what makes us happy and sad, angry and mad, etc...
Are you still having the groin problems that you pay several massage boys a day to work on? Stories of the boys checking your prostrate are still be told down in the orange chairs and some cite it as they reason you moved on....

dab69
January 28th, 2006, 00:42
sadly they can visit there and not learn a quiet politeness from the Thai.

Smiles
January 28th, 2006, 00:49
ABOUT KING KONG: " ... I am sure King Kong is one of the loud mouths idiots . . . I feel sorry for you King Kong for you are surely a big stupid ape like your namesake..."

THEN AGAIN, ABOUT PETERUK: " ... Are you still having the groin problems that you pay several massage boys a day to work on? Stories of the boys checking your prostrate are still be told down in the orange chairs and some cite it as they reason you moved on...."

. . . and what was the original title of this topic (by Catwampus --- naturally)? Oh yeah ... something about "Good manners at Jomtien beach".
Just knew that 'irony' warning would come in handy sooner or later. :ky:

Undoubtedly I shall be on ignore now as well. Tut tut ... the price one pays in this life.

Cheers ...

January 28th, 2006, 02:46
...poor old Catwumpy, makes a heartfelt plea for decorum and freedom from manhattan fog horns and is bashed about by the ears for pomposity by the Sydney intelligentsia.

Now, if you really want to be pompous catw person, you need to take some lessons from the experts...the pohms. The morning train carriage strategy is called for. What you need to do is get an old copy of "The Times" before it went for this tabloid format so beloved of it's erstwhile owner Rupert. When you find yourself surrounded by Manhattan's elite (I find Californians are so much more genteel those days, don't you) you simply make like you can read and hide behind this vast sheet of newsprint.

This need not cut you of from those you choose to interact with. Simply shake the paper a few times as the Papaya Salad vendor passes and she'll be in there like a shot ( I believe the expression is "rat down a dunny" amongst the Southern Hemisphere hoi polloi) having received a signal from a prospective customer.

Manhattan's elite will have written this off as "perhaps a UK thing"...they think the UK encompasses Australia. How bizarre is that?

Tiddle poop.

January 28th, 2006, 02:49
Actually I didnt mean to offend you Catwampus,Im just saying with all the effort you put in to give the American man short answers you could of just been nice.You see he sussed you out at the end and your desire to show "authority" over him didnt work as he wasnt concerned about your rudeness and sat down next to you.I think sometimes in the world if someone says hello,just say smile and say hello back,its best to be "streetwise" and for your own safety be nice back.The thing is people tend to think if someones saying hello they want something from you.
You see even though you said your body language gave him the impression you didnt want to talk to him he still sat next to you and used your table.I would have been polite to him,and once he sat next to me i would have told him not to sit there as i had was waiting on a guest or whoever you were waiting for,but i guarantee he wouldnt have done that to me because i would have been more assertive with him.Usually if your polite to people but with a firm grasp people will do what you tell them to.Its hard to explain as i have had a lot of training and experience but remember that people can "turn" and get angry if they feel there being ignored especially if there drunk and use violence.He asked you 3 times ,what could of happened if you still ignored him?Best to just smile ,if you dont like the crowd you just leave quietly.A few weeks ago i was travelling on a Monday night on the subway and a homeless male with possible mental illness sat opposite me growling at me,he had a cut hand and was holding a doll,he kept asking me if im ok and i just smiled back and said yes thankyou i am,after about 10 times asking me,i said goodbye to him wishing him a nice night which he smiled back,i then pretended to get off but all i did was change cars.The point is if i was to make angry comments or ignore him its probale he could of turned on me stabbing me etc and because he s mental he wouldnt be found guilty,best to have people skills and avoid confrontation.

January 28th, 2006, 03:54
Interesting you managed to meet 3 americans at the beach on the same day. I was there for a week earlier this month, and never ran across one other American the whole time I was in Pattaya. I felt like I was in Berlin! LOL The problem I found, was not loud people in the chairs, but farangs who apparently think going to the beach means they don't have to shower in the morning. I actually had to move one time the smell was so bad...

January 28th, 2006, 05:10
I agree completely with mrssydney. Safe person to be with.

catawampuscat
January 28th, 2006, 11:51
you will never make my ignore list..Zinging hypocrites, cretins, trolls, child molesters, flim flam men, con artists, evil doers, braggarts, elitists, liars, phonies, etc. is not bad manners in my book.. It is merely being catty and hopefully a light in the dark for some other posters out there would also think in similar ways.. I have been in Thailand for a long time..
I do think it probable that King Kong is another posting name for msydney, bbbv etal and it also seemed appropriate to me at the time, that I commented on his probable resemblance to his posting name..No doubt you Smiles, are an optimistic happy go lucky type of guy and resemble your posting name..I remember some poster called fatoldbastard or something close to it and I have no doubt he resembled his posting name..I get lots of variations on my posting name and choose it carefully..If one does a google search on catawampuscat, it might make sense, as to why I use it..
Regarding my comments to PeterUK, whose response to my post, I took as sarcastic and snide, I returned the favor by bringing up his very public behavior at Jomtien which made many uncomfortable and was certainly ill mannered and tedious for all around him..He knows what I mean and many know why he moved out of the concession to new hunting grounds.. There is a time and a place for working on groin and prostate issues...If you make a public spectacle of yourself, I see no problem remarking on the behavior, especially in an anonymous forum.. I am not trying to win a popularity contest and will speak out as long as I am here..

PeterUK
January 28th, 2006, 12:31
PeterUK, whose response to my post, I took as sarcastic and snide,

Then you took it wrong, didn't you? It was meant to be (mildly) humorous and helpful.

, I returned the favor by bringing up his very public behavior at Jomtien which made many uncomfortable and was certainly ill mannered and tedious for all around him..He knows what I mean and many know why he moved out of the concession to new hunting grounds.. There is a time and a place for working on groin and prostate issues...

I don't know who you are, catawampuscat, and from the above remarks you clearly don't know who I am either. I have been known to 'groan' while 'prostrate' but that's as close as I can get to your 'groin and prostate issues'.

I am not trying to win a popularity contest

And you've certainly succeeded!

elephantspike
January 28th, 2006, 13:39
This thread is getting nasty and unproductive. I am closing it.

January 28th, 2006, 13:40
as one can see from Edith's happy snap of me on Jomtien, receiving the requisite massage, I am surprisingly well mannered at the beach and somewhat understated.

I have found my ipod comes in handy at times like this. I simply put on the Greatest Hits of Ivor Novello and grin foolishly while any noisy interluder yaps away... blissfully at peace.

Even better, try those new noise cancelling earphones which I use inflight. They really work a treat..Edith loves them and as soon as I arrive she delves into my handbag and puts them on.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y120/aron2005/bfi-00m-iyt.jpg

don't you dare close this until I've finished my piece..OK now you can :compress:

January 28th, 2006, 13:44
Oh Goody - "An Identify Me or Apologise" challenge.

We haven't had one of those since you know who packed up the Budgie and went to bore folks in other climes.

Can I start?

Are you animal, vegetable or mineral?

Is your ego bigger than a bread box?

Do you have any identifying features on your face?

Gosh this is fun. Tell me when I am warm.

Now - Is your IQ measured by the size of your..........

:argue: