View Full Version : Where can you find a good Xmas dinner at a reasonable price?

December 24th, 2006, 00:45
It seems hard to find a good Xmas dinner at a reasonable price in Pattaya. Some of the favorite places are charging 850+ Baht to 1,300 Baht. This seems pretty high for Pattaya. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jetsam
December 24th, 2006, 01:40
It seems hard to find a good Xmas dinner at a reasonable price in Pattaya. Some of the favorite places are charging 850+ Baht to 1,300 Baht. This seems pretty high for Pattaya. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Do you like cheeseburgers? (there was a cheese burger heaven once in Pattaya but it closed down) McDonalds serves them very fast and it will cost you a fraction of the 850 bht.

December 24th, 2006, 05:39
850 to 1300 baht is very reasonable for a holiday dinner.

2lz2p
December 24th, 2006, 06:30
Several of my frequent haunts for ahaan farang are offering Christmas Dinner specials - yes, at much increased prices ranging from around 690 baht upwards. I'm skipping the one I went to last year. Not because of the price, but because the dinner provided really wasn't that "special." For about 500 baht more than their usual price, the only addition to the cold buffet and dessert was the inclusion of Turkey and dressing as an entree choice.

This year I am joining friends at a place that is charging a similar amount - around 700 baht - I have enjoyed some excellent food there in the past. Based on their special Christmas Dinner menu, it will be new and different and something to look forward to (good food and good company for a festive occasion).

December 24th, 2006, 07:58
The best !

CHRISTMAS DINNER @ MONTY'S ENCHANTED HUT.

Go the fuck go's Thailand and is so sticky on x-mas eve ?

Your lucky Jetsam is from Holland and gives you a good option ! :clown:

McDonald's serves them very fast and it will cost you a fraction of the 850 bht.

Dick
December 24th, 2006, 08:22
Baziel: 'Go the fuck go's Thailand and is so sticky on x-mas eve ?
Your lucky Jetsam is from Holland and can make you a good option !'

What?
Poor old Earwig takes a lot of flak over his written word, but compared with the above its 'Queens English'.

bkkguy
December 24th, 2006, 10:14
Poor old Earwig takes a lot of flak over his written word, but compared with the above its 'Queens English'.

let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and Apostrophe Man will be around soon to give you a good spanking - "Queens English" indeed!

bkkguy

December 24th, 2006, 15:19
Chash strapped? There is always the good old Boat Bakery on Second road, just opp. Boyz Town.

December 24th, 2006, 16:21
For the not so squeamish; I read there will be a five course, traditional, Christmas buffet at the Penthouse Hotel @, I think, 800 THB or 1,100 with wine bar (Don't tell O'Booze) but can't find the article except...
Go here:
http://www.pattayainfo.com/stories.html

scroll down to "Christmas Party at the Penthouse:
http://www.pattayainfo.com/stories/chri ... house.html (http://www.pattayainfo.com/stories/christmas-party-at-the-penthouse.html)

Also found this interesting bit about How to Grow a Foreskin--Which may signify (On topic) depending on whose you wish to grow:
http://www.guidemag.com/travel/invoketr ... 50DA7E046B (http://www.guidemag.com/travel/invoketravelarticle.cfm?ID=F49FF222-CD04-11D3-AD8F0050DA7E046B)

And on another board saw something about Christmas Eve dinner in a row boat (I am NOT making this up!) on the Pattaya reservoir.

Just take three boys (& call the doctor in the morning?) no, to O Ahahn Thai. No turkey but so what! (I was going to say something risky but decided to be nice: It's Christmas, Ho!

Smiles
December 24th, 2006, 17:32
" ... Also found this interesting bit about How to Grow a Foreskin ... "!
You're having foreskin for Christmas dinner?

Edith, I'm starting ( STARTING!!?? ) to worry about you.

Cheers ...

December 24th, 2006, 22:51
It is sad when you ask a sincere question and you get critical response rather than helpful responses. For no more than 720 baht which is around $20 US should be able to have a nice Xmas dinner considering the Thai economy. Does any know where one can have a good Xmas dinner for under 720 baht? It is not a matter of affordability but what is a fair value in this economy. Thank you in advance for those who can be helpful.

December 25th, 2006, 00:18
Baziel: 'Go the fuck go's Thailand and is so sticky on x-mas eve ?
Your lucky Jetsam is from Holland and can make you a good option !'

What?

Is there not a updated picture from Dick ? She looks like Elvis ! :clown:

December 25th, 2006, 00:32
It is sad when you ask a sincere question and you get critical response rather than helpful responses. For no more than 720 baht which is around $20 US should be able to have a nice Xmas dinner considering the Thai economy. Does any know where one can have a good Xmas dinner for under 720 baht? It is not a matter of affordability but what is a fair value in this economy. Thank you in advance for those who can be helpful.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaach i have one but....... Oi oi oi 721 bath ! :geek:

Monty-old
December 25th, 2006, 08:42
Turkey cost about 180bht per lb, leg ham about the same,all the trimming have to be bought from overseas,mince pies,xmas pudding and Xmas cake.
Bon Bons, Table dressing, brandy, etc.
anyone having to buy all thats needed for a good xmas dinner, knows how much it cost, and do not forget cooks waiters, & bar staff. all have to be paid.
If most places that charge about 1000 bht per person , will not make much on the food.
But it is Xmas only once a year. So all have a good one.

bedbugy1-old
December 25th, 2006, 11:41
you can get a good xmass dinner at the service station south of intersection 27 in the uk on the m1 south bound around 5 pounds sterling xmass puding extra

December 25th, 2006, 14:58
" ... Also found this interesting bit about How to Grow a Foreskin ... "!
You're having foreskin for Christmas dinner?

Edith, I'm starting ( STARTING!!?? ) to worry about you.

Cheers ...

No, but I wish I were ... even though we had lovely fillet of beef (Which looked like a big roast ****)--At a price. A very high price: I had to watch Cars with the kiddie, even worse, she had to keep replaying her favorite bits she's seen 300 times! I'm glad her interests are finally turning to boys; after Cars we watched The Suite Life. I had to stay & watch, not because of the two adoreable blond boys but because I was to sloshed to get up from the sofa. Now someone will say I'm a chicken hawk ... I just can't win.

BTW; all my (other) suggestions were real. However; while the Montien has a lovely Christmas dinner it's not under 720 baht, more like 2-or-3,000 pp. The buffet at penthouse, sans wine bar, may be under 720 baht--I couldn't find the (actual) link & may have overstated the px--& the wine bar is all-you-can-swill so maybe, food wise, it figures out same-same. Did that make sense? (No?) Blame it on the Black Jack.