PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant & Bar For Sale!

December 22nd, 2006, 16:30
Click Below For Our Sale Flyer...
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/C ... lepics.jpg (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/CTPManatee/salepics.jpg)

For Immediate Release:

Niddy's Nook Bar & Restaurant is up for sale. The owner is willing to show at anytime. Please contact info@niddysnook.com or visit our website at www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com).

Personal comment from Niddy & Chris:
"Though it makes us sad to sell The Nook, unfortunately our lives have (for the moment) grown outside of Pattaya. With a new job 30 minutes away, a new house 20 minutes away, and other business opportunities looming -- we are left no choice but to sell. However, you can be sure that you have not seen the last of us and that some day soon we will be back in business in the heart of Pattaya! In the meantime, we would like to thank all our customers and supporters for making our business a pleasure to run. Happy Holidays!" -Niddy & Chris

The details of the sale are as follows...
Key Money - 400,000 Baht
Rent - 10,000 Baht per month

Included in the sale is the following:
DINING ROOM:
Bar Counter
9 Bar Stools
Lit Liquor/Glasses Shelf
Working Desk
Cash Register
Telephone
CD Stereo Sound System w/ Microphone
3 Speakers
3 Wall Fans
1 Floor Fan
5 Dining Room Tables
20 Dining Room Chairs
2 Lounge Chairs
1 Cocktail End Table
1 Coffee Serving Table
Zoner GT Dim Complete Lighting System
8 Spot Track Lights
10 Light Grand Chandelier
Complete Glassware Set-up
Complete China & Silverware Sets
Table Cloths & Place Mats
Ashtrays & Napkin Holders

KITCHEN:
4 Gas Burning Stoves
Panasonic Refrigerator/Freezer
Microwave Oven
Rice Cooker
Tall China Cabinet
Large Work Table (counter)
All pots, pans & cooking utensils
2 exhaust fans
Sink & Drying Counter
Gas Tank

TERRACE:
4 Rattan Lounge Chairs
2 Rattan Lounge Couches
5 Cocktail End Tables
4 Round Bistro-Style Tables
5 Outside Lantern-Style Lights

UPSTAIRS LIVING AREA:
Complete Bathroom/Shower Facilities
Vanity Stand & Seat
Clothes Washing Machine
Unfurnished/Unfinished Living Room Space
Work Table
Wall Fan
Bedroom...
King Size Bed & Mattress
Wardrobe
TV w/ Cable Hook Up
VCD/MP3 Player
TV Stand
Air Conditioner

Respectfully Submitted,
Niddy's Nook Promotions

December 22nd, 2006, 16:35
Is the cheeseburger recipe included in the sale? If so, perhaps you're asking too little?

December 22nd, 2006, 16:53
good luck ! And thanks for a few nice evenings at the nook!

December 22nd, 2006, 18:20
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Niddy's Nook Out of Business.

I

TOLD

YOU

SO

Walked by several times.
Never saw one customer.

Anybody who pays that key money for that smelly doomed location is a damn fool.

HAMBURGER RECIPE (free from me!)

Wait a month for a customer to ask for a hamburger
Wait 30 minutes
Walk to Tops Supermarket and buy some low grade Thai ground beef for 20 baht
Fry it up
Stick it on a bun
Serve and wait a few months to go out of business

December 22nd, 2006, 20:16
That was rude and down right nasty and totally out of line. Try spreading a little holiday cheer for a change.

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 22nd, 2006, 20:33
you certainly are a couple of clever gents Niddy & Chris reeling us in that damned cheesburger all this time !! Congratulations on your new job and I hope everything goes well for the two of you. I have shared a drink with you and you would fall of your ball stool if you remembered who I was ! ( actually I did fall of the bar stool).

Unlike some other less charitable folk I've been a fan of Niddy's Nook and had a few lovely nights there.

God bless..merry Christmas and all that jazz!!

December 22nd, 2006, 21:41
Maybe the old adage "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" has been applied here
:geek:

sattahip-old
December 22nd, 2006, 22:35
Ho Hum

Davey612
December 22nd, 2006, 22:45
Best wishes on the new projects.

As an aside, this seems to be an opportunity for someone to get an inexpensive apartment and keep the boyfriend busy. Even with today's depreciated Dollars, it still seems to be an inexpensive way for someone who wants to retire in Thailand.

December 23rd, 2006, 01:14
Best wishes on the new projects.

As an aside, this seems to be an opportunity for someone to get an inexpensive apartment and keep the boyfriend busy. Even with today's depreciated Dollars, it still seems to be an inexpensive way for someone who wants to retire in Thailand.
I am curious about your logic on this.

Such a smelly dive would not support a work permit for a farang, would it?
And it clearly is a money loser. So if you want a cheap, ratty slum apartment, why not just rent one and forget the money losing business?

The vast majority of these girlfrienf/boyfriend businesses in Pattaya are total losers.

December 23rd, 2006, 01:18
That was rude and down right nasty and totally out of line. Try spreading a little holiday cheer for a change.
It was totally in line.
The holidays are better knowing these "press releases" and obnoxious promotions for a shithole greasy spoon are finally over!

BTW, check out the burgers at Dicks Cafe Jomtien, if you haven't already. When you order them there, they already have the meat in stock.

December 23rd, 2006, 01:33
Restaurants, bars and internet shops ! Pattaya full off them.

I think Niddy's nook is a perfect location to start a Chocolate shop. :bigsmurf:

The Niddy's Chocolate Shop

Thais, farangs, believe it or not, we all just love Chocolate!

Niddy's nook Chocolate - Better Than Sex ! :cheers:

December 23rd, 2006, 01:57
Anything to overcome the smell of raw sewage coming from the gutters there.
Notice the seller didn't have the nerve to suggest this business had shown any profitability whatsoever. Give him points for that.

December 23rd, 2006, 02:12
I wish you both well in whatever endeavors you take on. Although I have never been to the Nook, and whether or not your burgers were the best in Pattaya, Thailand or the world; your advertising, self promotion, & postings here have given the board members something to post about besides offing boys and bars. At least the postings have generated some humor here and there. Obviously you have thick skin. Whether your business was sucessful, only moderately so, or unsucessful, you had the guts to try something. That's something only a small percentage of people will ever do. Most just want to play it safe. So good luck in whatever the future holds for you.

December 23rd, 2006, 12:19
It was totally in line.
The holidays are better knowing these "press releases" and obnoxious promotions for a shithole greasy spoon are finally over!

That's not entirely true Thaiquila... Here is an excerpt from my posting on gaythailand.com... Oh and by the way, thanks for all your kind words.

"Yes indeed our online store will continue with the money transfer option even after we have closed the restaurant. www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com) will remain in tact -- but will change in several ways. Part will be for the store, part for Niddy's new venture, part for our catering service (which will continue), and part for something new and exciting! More to come soon!

We're still here even though we're closing the restaurant!"

Cheers,
Niddy & Chris

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 23rd, 2006, 12:41
"As an aside, this seems to be an opportunity for someone to get an inexpensive apartment and keep the boyfriend busy."

Despite the knocks Niddy's Nook gets it has a great advantage..location, location , location.

Something similar happens with the Mosaic apartments which I believe are run by a Thai lover and were set up by his farang boyfriend.
I think Niddys is an absolutely top spot...close to the action but just far enough away from it so the "seediness" dosn't feel close.

December 23rd, 2006, 13:05
It was totally in line.

That's not entirely true Thaiquila... Here is an excerpt from my posting on gaythailand.com... Oh and by the way, thanks for all your kind words.

"Yes indeed our online store will continue with the money transfer option even after we have closed the restaurant. www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com) will remain in tact -- but will change in several ways. Part will be for the store, part for Niddy's new venture, part for our catering service (which will continue), and part for something new and exciting! More to come soon!

We're still here even though we're closing the restaurant!"

Cheers,
Niddy & Chris
I know you think you are morally superious for not reacting in anger to my comments.
But you are not morally superior.
You are a hypocrite. You are merely hiding your feelings.

The fact is, the location of the Niddy's Nook so called "restaurant" has been the ill-fated site of many, many, failed businesses. They usually last well under one year. Because the location is truly bad.
The citing of the apartments on the Flamingo Soi has nothing to do with the burger rathole.
Its like comparing Trump Tower to a pretzel stand.
That was clearly capitalized with millions of dollars and the Flamingo Soi is a proven winner.

I am just telling truth.
The owner of the failed restaurant is trying to pass off his failed "business" as a good opportunity, when it is not.
Buyer beware! That location is a total loser.

December 23rd, 2006, 13:10
If there is eventually a buyer, I'd like his contact details. I have some swampland in Florida he might be interested in. And Botting might want to contact him about that super-profitable car rental business he's saddled with. Ha ha ha!

December 23rd, 2006, 14:27
I am just telling truth.
The owner of the failed restaurant is trying to pass off his failed "business" as a good opportunity, when it is not.
Buyer beware! That location is a total loser.

Just re-read the original post and cannot find anything which suggests a "good opportunity" or which implies the location is good.

December 23rd, 2006, 15:36
DELETED

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 23rd, 2006, 16:25
and what's wrong with pretzel stands ?. Actually the Trump Tower is quite ghastly.

who is bazil ?

December 23rd, 2006, 16:31
And BG - fuck off!

Ooooh! Looks like I hit a sensitive nerve!