PDA

View Full Version : Jomtien Beach...

jinks
December 16th, 2006, 11:14
Being 11 months since my last visit the number of changes at Jomtien beach are amazing.

DickтАЩs is the same, Poseidon and Image limo likewise. Some businesses maintain their standards.

The Bondi Hotel has improved with JB bar open on the side of the hotel piano bar.
The new bar cones to life a little later in the evening after the тАЬshow barsтАЭ have started their cabaret acts from 10.00 onwards,
People seem to congregate in the Piano bar before going on to a show.
This might be due to the atmosphere with Willy & Amie entertaining with classics and modern hits. If a client wants it can, and is at times, a karaoke bar too.
It might equally be due to the 40+ (offable) waiters.
All well trained and personally selected and tested by Malcolm and Colin the owners.

MontyтАЩs Enchanted Hut offers a mixture of pleasures. Unimposing laidback and quiet,
except for the morning that a new frontage was added to JB bar opposite.
Full English breakfast for 99baht or just tea and toast for 50!
Afternoons it is the local drop-in for ex-pats and forum members.
In the evening, two shows, reasonable menu and cute staff.
Above all the best priced for what you get at Jomtien Beach.

Dolce Vita Show bar is on the site of тАЬstar treffтАЭ with the same star treff cabaret act in the same star treff cabaret тАЬlittle theatreтАЭ.

I did not manage to visit the other bars on the main strip.
They offer different things, go-go, massage, and all the things that can be expected in an area that is starting to rival Boystown.

December 16th, 2006, 11:35
DELETED

December 16th, 2006, 13:29
Im a Bondi addict - cant wait to see the new bar.

catawampuscat
December 16th, 2006, 16:37
no go go bars allowed in Jomtien for the ladies or the lads..

December 17th, 2006, 11:51
Many thanks Jinks!

Jomtien has blossomed over the last few years from beeing a sleepy area with only the gay beach and a few bars, to having probably more gay owned businesses than any other area in Pattaya, catering for a more discerning gay clientele.

It is safe, friendly, hassle-free, good value for money, high quality, and even though there are no go go bars, there is plenty of good and varied entertainment. We have also seen that the Jomtien Gay Community can organise good and well attended events such as the Jomtien Complex Carnival last night.

As gay business owners, we all know that Jomtien is the future and we plan to be the No. 1 choice destination for Gay visitors to Thailand. It already is the No. 1 destination for permanent and semi-permanent foreign gay residents.

December 17th, 2006, 17:09
DELETED

Smiles
December 17th, 2006, 21:22
Just a question . . . but what's up with the "No GoGo Bar" rule?

Is this a prohibition from the owner/builder of the complex (if one company/person owns the land)? Is it a city or district bylaw or zoning thing ("Zoning Law" ~ in Thailand?? :blackeye: ).

More what's up ... what's up with " ... a more discerning gay clientele ... "? We are talking Pattaya & Environs here after all. :albino:

Wondering ....

Cheers ...

bigben
December 17th, 2006, 22:19
JGuide,

Not sure what your interests are, but you are starting off on the wrong foot with your hype about the Jomtiem Beach area. (my opinion and others it seems)

Please use a little more discretion before making claims that are just plain nonsense. We have been through this hype phase before with certain food establishments. Please be careful not to fall into that pit.

If the area provides good food and service, word of mouth works well here in Shitsville.

One small suggestion.

To help potential customers, you guys need to establish a name for this area. For over a decade it was referred to as the Jomtiem Complex, But now I see the sign тАЬJomtiem PlazaтАЭ popping up and in the other forums it is referred to as something elseтАж.it slips my mind at the moment. But three different names for this area may not be such a good idea.

Please donтАЩt take offense at my comments. I do tend to be blunt at times. It is just my persona.