PDA

View Full Version : What's worst - Snakes or Rats

December 15th, 2006, 18:28
No snakes - but 80 rats loose on a plane

Riyadh (dpa) - Passengers on an evening Saudi Airlines flight got a nasty surprise in the form of 80 rats roaming freely around their plane, reports said Friday. The 80 rats were on the loose on the plane Wednesday evening after eating their way out through a leather bag where they were kept, according to the Saudi Arab News newspaper.

Flight 1563 was at a height of 25,000 feet on its way to Tabuk when passengers discovered that countless rats were wandering around the plane. The captain called ground control at Tabuk airport and told them about the infestation.

Airport officials discovered that the had rats belonged to a passenger who kept them in a leather bag.

The passenger was arrested by security for questioning.

December 15th, 2006, 19:08
80 rats were on the loose ... after eating their way out through a leather bag....

Aunty will be disappointed to hear she ain't the only rat-bag around ... Only the biggest: eighty rats ain't nothin' by comparison! (Um...how big were the rats.)

My question: why would someone want to carry eighty rats in a leather bag?... A rat-and-leather fetish?
Maybe he was doing a cut-rate, do-it-yourself, Nutcracker?
Or going to feed them TNT and turn them loose in...in... Santaland!
Maybe he's just Nuckin' Futs!
Unlike me: I'd have brought lemmings.
And made lemming aid?
No, silly; after they blow up ... they drown themselves!... And destroy the evidence!
Say g'night, Edith!
G'night to you too, Edith!

December 15th, 2006, 19:13
Richard Gere packing for a long trip?

Bob
December 16th, 2006, 03:36
My bet is this had something to do with the catering company which supplied the food for the flight. Roast leg/ass of rat?

December 16th, 2006, 10:00
So, do Saudi airports not x-ray carry-on bags? That many rats should have been clearly obvious on an x-ray screen.

December 16th, 2006, 10:54
So, do Saudi airports not x-ray carry-on bags? That many rats should have been clearly obvious on an x-ray screen.

My first thought exactly - I even checked to see that it was not 1 April !