PDA

View Full Version : Reuters article

December 15th, 2006, 06:57
.Article deleted.

cottmann
December 15th, 2006, 08:49
So how many more pedophiles will this free advertising attract?

catawampuscat
December 15th, 2006, 09:19
since article was deleted, thread should be as well, so I deleted my posting..

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 15th, 2006, 09:49
"Some boys aged between 10 and 15 can earn 10,000 baht ($280) a night having sex with a foreigner,"..sounds exagerated to me ( do the sums yourself) although I don't dispute that there are child prostitutes but one of the sources being quoted here has a definite commercial interest-not a good idea for accuracy in journalism.

dab69
December 15th, 2006, 11:48
TWENTY THOUSAND BARS and two THOUSAND child sex workers in Pattaya?

is his funding dependent on padding the figures exponentially?

TrongpaiExpat
December 15th, 2006, 13:30

Exactly, and cut-and-pasting it here even more.

If for some reason this topic holds your intrest, read about it, study it and google it, but why share it on this board?

December 15th, 2006, 22:56
At least the article didn't mention the notorious zone where many of the pedo bars are located in Pattaya. When I tell people that I am vacationing in Thailand I usually make sure to mention that I don't go to Pattaya. Just the mention of the name is bad for ones reputation.

ajarntrade

December 15th, 2006, 23:14

Exactly, and cut-and-pasting it here even more.

If for some reason this topic holds your intrest, read about it, study it and google it, but why share it on this board?

Yes, on second thought, I agree! Let's all just bury our heads in the sand and especially take care not to be aware or post on this board some information which is being widely distributed throughout the world by a major news agency about a primary Thai destination. That way, we can be totally surprised and taken aback when, upon reentering our country from a visit to LOS, we get extra scrutiny from customs/border patrol because of its widespread reputation. Best not to know these things, right you are. And the topic is certainly of no concern to readers of this board. :8(

On the other hand...the subject line was fairly descriptive of the article posted...so if this topic holds no interest and you don't want to read about it, then one could always choose not to open the thread. Would save one the time and energy of writing a response to belly-ache and bitch about it. :bootyshake:

Jetsam
December 16th, 2006, 01:43
"These kids start by selling sweets to tourists who aren't interested, so they use sexual tactics like holding arms or legs," said Sudjai Nakphain of World Vision, who works on a project for children in Pattaya.

I sometimes buy some chewing gum from these kids too, I always thought it was their way to make money for sellingl the gum for 10 bht instead of the 5 bht it will cost at the 7-11 , it never crossed my mind that they actually try to sell themselfes.

December 16th, 2006, 02:51
I always thought it was their way to make money for sellingl the gum for 10 bht instead of the 5 bht it will cost at the 7-11

10 bath for gum (for cum... :dontknow: ?) :clown: . Well at least the kids smile harder as those in 7-11.

December 16th, 2006, 03:56
"These kids start by selling sweets to tourists who aren't interested, so they use sexual tactics like holding arms or legs," said Sudjai Nakphain of World Vision, who works on a project for children in Pattaya.

How strange. Is there really anything sexual about a child grabbing your leg to beg you to buy gum? What if he smiles at you, or pouts? Are those sexual tactics as well? Or is Khun Sudjai just a wee bit odd, seeing "sexual tactics" at work behind simple human contact? Something not quite right about that line of thought.

Now I admit, if the kid grabs your leg then starts humping it, there's something sexual about that. My dog does that every once in a while.

TrongpaiExpat
December 16th, 2006, 23:56
Yes, on second thought, I agree! Let's all just bury our heads in the sand and especially take care not to be aware or post on this board some information which is being widely distributed throughout the world by a major news agency about a primary Thai destination. it.

Perhaps you misunderstood my post. This is a gay board about gay life in Thailand. I would hope that there is no association between GAY and Pedo. Sometimes these Pedo post just attract too much attention. It's unfortunate that there is a significant population that does not make much distinction between gay and child molesters of young boys.

I would like to thing that the members of this board do not need to be aware, on alert or on the look-out for the authorities who might be looking for child molesters. If there are some molesters out there in cyber space looking at this site, lets not educate them on where and how to satisfy their desires.

Just my humble opinion, you will not hear from me again on this subject, and I respect your opinion if it differs.

December 17th, 2006, 00:28
Thanks for your post, TrongpaiExpat. I respect the valuable contribution you have made for many years to this board, so I respect your opinion. Our attitudes on this issue are actually not that far apart. I have no particular interest in this whole sordid issue, except to the extent that it affects people's prejudices towards people like us who go to Thailand or reside in Thailand. I don't like being hassled upon return home because I'm a single guy traveling to Thailand. Articles like the one I posted above do affect the reputation of a destination and the way people who travel there are treated.

I doubt that any reader of this board who is inclined towards pedo criminal behavior was educated in the least by the Reuters article. To say that we shouldn't even talk about the pedo problem in Pattaya is like saying we shouldn't talk about the problem of people having unsafe sex because it will cause people to go have unsafe sex.

But, you will not hear from me again on this issue, either. I think that posting the article has served its purpose, and the article will now be deleted.