PDA

View Full Version : Monty's Guest House

December 13th, 2006, 12:07
The renovations are nearly finished and so we will be having a little party to celebrate.
mean while the Fullmontybreakfast , coffee ,tea, Beers are still being served. As soon as the bar is finished we will be having a nightly happy hour form 5pm to 8pm .
All to be announced shortly

December 13th, 2006, 13:34
DELETED

December 13th, 2006, 15:51
Yes Monty is invited:)
I owe him a hangover

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 13th, 2006, 20:39
post some pics for God's sake and show of the place-especially the new foyer and bar and the rooms.

Christ there's a guy here who's made a bloody cheeseburger famous right throughout Asia (yeah..you know who I'm talk-in about NIDDY)..and the more they knock it the more he sells.

Don't hold back !! :cheers: :bounce: :cheers:

December 13th, 2006, 20:42
Yes...I heard he actually sold a couple of those cheeseburgers last week!

December 14th, 2006, 19:57
A couple of pics for you
http://upload4.postimage.org/1910488/Lobbyandbar.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1910488/photo_hosting.html)
http://upload4.postimage.org/1910492/Montysnewbar.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1910492/photo_hosting.html)
http://upload4.postimage.org/1910503/large05.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1910503/photo_hosting.html)

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 14th, 2006, 20:07
not so different from before, but nice and clean. Prices, what about prices ? come on ole Monty was a bloody good promoter and put that joint on the map. Didn't leave a single fact out.

No barstools for me and Mrs O'Booze ? :clown: :drunken:

December 14th, 2006, 20:33
These are the AFTER photos? Good God.

December 14th, 2006, 22:09
A lot of the clutter has been cleaned up and it does look refurbished. But there's only so much one can do with so small a space. The rooms were always comfy and clean. Best of luck with your endeavor.

December 15th, 2006, 09:15
DELETED

December 15th, 2006, 10:58
All rooms have Air-con,Fan,Fridge, 60 channel TV en-suite hot showers and some have small balcony
For the high season the
large rooms are 700baht per night
Standard rooms are 600 Baht per night
Prices include the fullmontybreakfast Bacon ,eggs,bake beans,tomatoes, toast/Jam tea/ coffee and orange juice.

December 15th, 2006, 10:59
Beans for breakfast? What will they think of next?

December 15th, 2006, 11:01
Are you sure you can handle sitting on bars stools when you're had that many Gins!!!!!!!!!!

TrongpaiExpat
December 15th, 2006, 11:28

I guess it's an Australian thing or English or both. Just a little bit. I though it strange too but got used to beans with breakfast, goes well with some the toast and sausage. Bet they come from a can, now if you make your own, I would be impressed.

Now, if I could just find me a mess of grits somewhere.

December 15th, 2006, 11:50
Grits with lots of butter and fresh-cracked black pepper. Mmmm, NOW we're talkin'!

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 15th, 2006, 12:36
"Are you sure you can handle sitting on bars stools when you're had that many Gins!!!!!!!!!!"

of course..thats what Mrs O'Booze is for..to hold me up! :drunken:

600/700 baht a night..you can't get better value than that and if you still have Monty's breakfast, what more could one want ?

plus dinner at Monty's enchanted Hut and then drinks on Jinks afterwards !

allieb
December 15th, 2006, 12:52

Nothing like some beans for breakfast to blow clean the rectum during the day. It leaves it a person ready for the evening and accidents are less likely to happen.

December 15th, 2006, 15:34
DELETED

December 15th, 2006, 15:37
Grits are just porridge made from corn. What's strange about porridge for breakfast?

December 15th, 2006, 15:52
DELETED

December 15th, 2006, 16:07
You've got porridge made from oats ("oatmeal"), porridge made from wheat ("cream of wheat" or semolina), porridge made from rice ("congee"), and you've got porridge made from cornmeal ("grits"). Porridge can be made from any grain. Porridge is porridge is porridge. Some like it sweet, some like it savory, but it's all pretty much the same thing.

In any case, my favorite breakfast food of all is good ol' American pancakes, slathered with butter and maple syrup. I don't think anyone would complain about being served that, right? So where to find some good ones? Only place I know is Crepes and Co in Bangkok (Sukhumvit Soi 12).

How about it, Monty? I might be willing to travel to Bangkok if you could serve up a mess o' nice pancakes to me in the morning.

December 15th, 2006, 16:32

Nothing like some beans for breakfast to blow clean the rectum during the day. It leaves it a person ready for the evening and "accidents" are less likely to happen.

"Accidents?" Is that like 'surprises'? (Flatulence with lumps.)

Some like it sweet, some like it savory....

"Pease porridge hot,
pease porridge cold,
pease porridge in the pot,
nine-days olde.
Some like it hot,
some like it cold,
some like it in the pot
nine-days olde!
Pee-ewee!"

Anyway, pease porridge can cause gout. So can beans.

I like cornflakes in my porringer--With sugar and gin on `em!
I usually omit the cornflakes and sugar.
Unless I've had way too much gin.
Sometimes I'm out of cornflakes and omit grits!
Just because it rhymes...I hate grits!

Oatmeal is good for the colon and supposed to lower cholesterol. (Scotch-cut is said to be best for that. Is it, really? Why? Because it's more expensive?)
I love oatmeal! I add a fistful of raisins (Raisins cause flatulence.) and some maple syrup, butter and cream--So much for lowering cholesterol. Oatmeal pancakes are good too.
(Real) Maple syrup is good for regularity; as are raisins--But there's the 'surprise' problem. Gin?...Who knows?... If you have enough; you won't give a sh... care...if you get a surprise.

But my favorite breakfast is lunch--Or, better still, dinner. Even better: starting dinner at lunch...with lunch as the cocktail-witching-hour: hour I turn into a, witch?....No: turn into a hotel, with a warm num...named Gin. I can really hold my Gin!