PDA

View Full Version : After Hours in Patong

Brad the Impala
December 10th, 2006, 19:46
After the bars in Paradise close, there are fun alternatives nearby that stay open later.

In Soi Dtun, there is the relocated and enlarged Galaxy, which mixes disco and live music, and is very lively with around 30% of gay or gay for pay customers, which rises to around 90% in the balcony area. 600 Baht for a bottle of Spey, mixers extra.

Also in Soi Dtun is Baan Si Faah(Blue House) which also has a band, although more Thai Country orientated. Fun mixed crowd with food available too. 100 Pipers is 1200 here, including mixers.

Then there are all the karaoke bars in Soi Superboy off Sai Nam Yen. Most of these, especially Superboy which changes from louche gogo to louche karaoke at around 1am, have hosts available for customers of any race or sex.

December 10th, 2006, 20:48
Safari disco

Djungle disco, located on the way to Karon beach. Nice environment and they also feature live music on a big TV screen .

In fact, this place is my number one disco and is always crowded from 1 am till 5 am .

Mixed public but very guy friendly, a lot off boy's go there when the bars are closed.

A must if you still have something trendy in your older day's. :clown:

Sen Yai
December 13th, 2006, 12:09
I went to Train Station last night - the choice of boy du jour. A typical Thai style disco with groups dancing around tables. Mostly Str8, mostly Thai groups, with a number of off duty bar girls. A few other PLU's too, but all friendly.

Maybe we will try Soi Dtun tonight - are you still in town Brad?

Brad the Impala
December 13th, 2006, 13:56
Sen Yai, which I have just been eating in a delicious noodle soup, in Haadyai. Sorry that I am away from Phuket until the weekend, and arrived today in Haadyai, after two nights on Koh Lanta, a report will follow.

I agree with you and Baziel that Night Station and Safari are fun. Safari tends to have a much higher proportion of farangs, while the setup at Night Station is very similar to Galaxy, although Galaxy seemed gayer. Tell us what you think if you make it there tonight. If you are still around Patong at the weekend let me know.

Anyone has any updates on Haadyai, they will be appreciated!

llz
December 13th, 2006, 17:55
Anyone has any updates on Haadyai, they will be appreciated!
Thank you for the info about Phuket.
This thread I posted last July about Hat Yai bars could be of interest for you
www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8717 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8717)

December 13th, 2006, 20:00
llz, your blog is super !!!

Thanks for sharing. :flower:

Brad the Impala
December 14th, 2006, 21:31
Ilz, thanks for your link and your thorough report. I knew someone had posted these details but couldn't find them.

I can add hardly anything to your experiences, the three bars that you mentioned are still going in the same style, to the extent that, as per your experiences, the boys at Studio 54 were still being entertained by two ladies when we visited last night! They showed little interest in us, and when we asked for whiskey to drink, were told that they had no spirits but could provide beer, but they had to send a boy out on a motorbike to get it. Proceedings were presided over by a 16 stone drag queen, with a corpse like pallor, baby doll make up, and a heavily laquered beehive hairdo, wearing a slinky off the shoulder black dress. She stayed motionless under a spotlight in the corner, except on the rare occasion when she crosssed the room throwing a shadow ahead of her like Orson Welles in The Third Man.

We did take a cute and sweet boy from Buddy Pub, via a bottle at Sutus, back to the room. Unfortunately he remained cute and sweet, but although willing, he had a limited repertoire and two balls in his resolutely limp cock. We have been told that at night there is a very active cruising area by the station with a medium lit area for gays, a dark area for katoeys, and under the bridge for girls! We will investigate tonight.

Sen Yai
December 16th, 2006, 09:44
I agree with you and Baziel that Night Station and Safari are fun. ............ If you are still around Patong at the weekend let me know.

Yes Brad, it is Night Station - the neon steam train confused me!

I am no longer in Patong but had a fun time there as usual - enjoy your weekend there too!

Nathan B
January 27th, 2007, 02:30
I'll soon be back in Patong after a 2 year break and would like to try the new Galaxy.

January 27th, 2007, 03:00
On my last visit to Pattaya, my BF and some of his friends dragged me to Hollywood disco. First of all, the motorbike taxis gouged us for 40 baht each for a ride from Boyztown to Hollywood. When my BF protested the price (in thai), the drivers apparently got quit rude. This put me in a bad mood to start LOL. I don't understand the appeal of the Thai style discos. People standing around small tables with their friends. Some dancing in place. nobody intereacts with anyone else. Not my cup of tea. Add to that the pushy waiters that charge 50 baht for Ice! and the 12 bathroom attendants that attack you when you enter the bathroom. Give me DJs anytime!

January 27th, 2007, 04:57
I'll soon be back in Patong after a 2 year break and would like to try the new Galaxy.

New Galaxy . You will be very disappointed !

Brad the Impala
January 27th, 2007, 23:18
Nathan,

It's on the road south out of Patong to Kata/Karon beaches. When the road turns sharply right, and Nanai Road is straight ahead, Dtun is sharly left.

Any tuktuk or motorbike taxi, and most entertainment workers will know it. IMHO the most fun after hours place in Patong. Enjoy

January 28th, 2007, 15:55
When the hell did they move Galaxy? I love that place. I hope the new one is just as good.

Night Station is also greatly frequented by the Paradise crowd and probably even more so now that Galaxy is not in walking distance anymore.

A Thai friend of mine is very fond of Blue House. A little too tame for me for after hours.

The karaoke on that same soi is very nice with great VIP rooms. (Kun Chai?) Is it still there or did Galaxy move into that location?

I never trusted those karaokes by Superboys. In fact, Thia friends have always warned me to be careful in that soi. The karaoke at Superboys is not very good as the selection is very limited. They do have some very cute hosts however, although a few look very young.

WOW karoake is open very late (on the third floor only) as is the other karaoke in Paradise two sois directly behind Connect (Twilight?).

Funny, I was thinking just tonight that if I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would be enjoying after hours in Patong Beach (probably at Galaxy). Instead I'm stuck in the dreary USA.

Pete

January 28th, 2007, 15:55
When the hell did they move Galaxy? I love that place. I hope the new one is just as good.

Night Station is also greatly frequented by the Paradise crowd and probably even more so now that Galaxy is not in walking distance anymore.

A Thai friend of mine is very fond of Blue House. A little too tame for me for after hours.

The karaoke on that same soi is very nice with great VIP rooms. (Kun Chai?) Is it still there or did Galaxy move into that location?

I never trusted those karaokes by Superboys. In fact, Thia friends have always warned me to be careful in that soi. The karaoke at Superboys is not very good as the selection is very limited. They do have some very cute hosts however, although a few look very young.

WOW karoake is open very late (on the third floor only) as is the other karaoke in Paradise two sois directly behind Connect (Twilight?).

Funny, I was thinking just tonight that if I could be anywhere in the world right now, I would be enjoying after hours in Patong Beach (probably at Galaxy). Instead I'm stuck in the dreary USA.

Pete

January 28th, 2007, 16:57
Well Hon, the best after hours place in Patong is the dolphin water fountain in front of Paradise Inn. It does not get going till after 3AM - and there are usually few boys hanging around. Watch out for Chinese guy who pimps other guys.

Other than that approach the boy you like and 'pick up'. Thankfully, there are not many cruising vicious lady boys here. Also Watch out for glue sniffers

The boys are youngish, and usually dark skinned, some Indian lookers from Malaysia, few Burmese, and generally Southern Thai. Dar and ruff whaaaaat a combination!!!!They are all fuck n' go. A had many delicacies here.....

Prices, Hon, are cheapish - I wont enter any cat fights over prices..........