PDA

View Full Version : Central Point serviced apartment in Silom

December 10th, 2006, 04:12
Does anyone have experience with Central Point Serviced Apartment Silom (not Sala Daeng)? What's the over-night guest policy (joiner fee) there?
Thanks.

December 10th, 2006, 14:18
This is an upmarket serviced apartment complex but not a hotel. You can do what you like. There are no joiners fee regulations. The concierge will usually will call you before they let some into the building. This is for security reasons. That’s all.

I used to stay there, enjoying a very happy time.

December 10th, 2006, 19:54
hello ttom i see you are from UDON THANI,I love udon thani,i have been there 4 times,usually i stay at KINGS HOTEL or TOON KOON hotel and go to mambo disco or that disco area i forget what its called as i was pissed .
i lived in NONG SAENG village once for a month before i got sick of it.
i love udon and i want to buy a 7-11 there and move there.
usually i go to the park at night you know the one with the monument and pick up thai guys on the street.i see heaps of thais driving mercedas benz picking up boys too.
how much do u pay the boys in udon thani? i paid 500 b.

Mmmmhhhh. Yep, Udon Thani is quite OK for me if you can handle Isaan live style for longer; most people cannot; after two or three weeks they get bored and start either silly games or boozing – a few trying both as you can see everywhere.

The Nong Prajack Park or Nong Na Klue, which is the large park close to the city centre with plenty of ponds around is lovely and of course sometimes cruisy. Or do you have another park in mind?, there are several alternatives …

Paying for sex in Udon or Isaan? Why? I’ve never paid for sex here. OK, I do sometimes pay for a dinner, some drinks, concert or cinema ticket (it usually works vice versa) but that’s it.

If your payment of 500 TBT has been considered acceptable, there is nothing to discuss about. I’ve learned long time ago that everything is having its price – and since then I do strongly believe in markets and values.

This might be my very personal experience, I cannot speak for others. But I am sure that my friends would look rather surprised if I would ask them if or how much they are “paying”. Udon is not quite equal to Pattaya, Jom Thiem, Patong or Si Lom.

I can quite well imagine that you might love Udon Thani. There are hundreds of pleasant reasons for which I can observe daily, not only some water falls like Than Ngham. But does Udon loves you too? That’s a totally different matter.

December 10th, 2006, 19:54
hello ttom i see you are from UDON THANI,I love udon thani,i have been there 4 times,usually i stay at KINGS HOTEL or TOON KOON hotel and go to mambo disco or that disco area i forget what its called as i was pissed .
usually i go to the park at night you know the one with the monument and pick up thai guys on the street.i see heaps of thais driving mercedas benz picking up boys too.

Mmmmhhhh. Yep, Udon Thani is quite OK for me if you can handle Isaan live style for longer; most people cannot; after two or three weeks they get bored and start either silly games or boozing – a few trying both as you can see everywhere.

The Nong Prajack Park or Nong Na Klue, which is the large park close to the city centre with plenty of ponds around is lovely and of course sometimes cruisy. Or do you have another park in mind?, there are several alternatives …

Paying for sex in Udon or Isaan? Why? I’ve never paid for sex here. OK, I do sometimes pay for a dinner, some drinks, concert or cinema ticket (it usually works vice versa) but that’s it.

If your payment of 500 TBT has been considered acceptable, there is nothing to discuss about. I’ve learned long time ago that everything is having its price – and since then I do strongly believe in markets and values.

This might be my very personal experience, I cannot speak for others. But I am sure that my friends would look rather surprised if I would ask them if or how much they are “paying”. Udon is not quite equal to Pattaya, Jom Thiem, Patong or Si Lom.

I can quite well imagine that you might love Udon Thani. There are hundreds of pleasant reasons for which I can observe daily, not only some water falls like Than Ngham. But does Udon loves you too? That’s a totally different matter.

TrongpaiExpat
December 10th, 2006, 21:37
ttom: It really best not to respond to a troll, there's no end to it, respond again and he has you.

Over at baht stop there's plenty of victims for billy, some over there don't seem to believe in the existence of trolls and just respond and respond and respond. Then when it becomes all too obvious to everyone there's still one refusing to admit he was duped.

December 10th, 2006, 23:27
ttom: It really best not to respond to a troll, there's no end to it, respond again and he has you.

Over at baht stop there's plenty of victims for billy, some over there don't seem to believe in the existence of trolls and just respond and respond and respond. Then when it becomes all too obvious to everyone there's still one refusing to admit he was duped.

Yes, principally you where completely right. There is quite frankly, nothing more to add about.
But there are others who are reading all this and I didn’t want to get those a wrong impression about Udon Thani, Issan or Thailand away from beaten tourist paths .
I am pretty sure that users of this forum are able to judge.
I appreciate you’re intension highly.
Thank you very much for your kind notice.

TrongpaiExpat
December 10th, 2006, 23:45
It's nice to have someone from someplace other than Pattaya on the board, not that being from Pattaya is a bad thing.

My BF is from So Phisai, Nong Khai Provance. We are flying up to Udon T. in a few weeks and driving from there to his home, if I don't get lost.

December 11th, 2006, 03:09
It's nice to have someone from someplace other than Pattaya on the board, not that being from Pattaya is a bad thing.

My BF is from So Phisai, Nong Khai Provance. We are flying up to Udon T. in a few weeks and driving from there to his home, if I don't get lost.

So Phisai is about 90 min drive from Udon Thani airport. Well you are interested into farming and nature (like me) it’s interesting. If you’re lucky, and not too late, you might find some water in nearby Hui Kong river which can be lovely to stroll along Sakhon Nakhon is not fare from there either or busy Khon Kaen which is a little further on. For sure you will find some very handsome guys around – which will give your BF any reason for jealousy.

You should find some time to visit Vientiane which is challenging rapidly lately, especially the centre and along the Mekhong river. With plenty of assistance from Japan and Viet Nam you can observe the transformation from Asia’s largest village into a really nice small city.

Take a very good (Thai made only) mosquito repellent with you; all the foreign stuff is something the local beasts laugh about.

sjaak327
December 12th, 2006, 20:03
Might I add that Centre Point Serviced apartments are really awesome. I stayed at their Phetburi branch and have to say I enjoyed every minute of it. The Silom Branch is walking distance to Saphan Thaksin BTS and the river boat pier.

Also good advice from ttom regarding Vientiane. Do visit the Lao Capital. I'll sure be going back next visit.

December 12th, 2006, 22:18
Might I add that Centre Point Serviced apartments are really awesome. I stayed at their Phetburi branch and have to say I enjoyed every minute of it. The Silom Branch is walking distance to Saphan Thaksin BTS and the river boat pier.

I read the feedbacks on Asiaroom.com. The comments on Central Point Silom are all positive, whereas Petchburi branch are mixed with postive and negative feedbacks. One Petchburi's feedback mentioned the traffic noise can be heard even from 20th floor. I am a light sleeper, and would certainly get annoyed by the traffic noise, day or night (sometime I sleep during the day if I am out clubbing at night)

:bounce:

December 13th, 2006, 16:36

Yes, principally you where completely right. There is quite frankly, nothing more to add about.
But there are others who are reading all this and I didn’t want to get those a wrong impression about Udon Thani, Issan or Thailand away from beaten tourist paths .

Obviously your and my statement did have had some effect. Today I found the following message in my mail:

wx40afp
Posted: Tue 12 Dec, 2006 7:28 pm
UDON
DONT EVER FUCKIN MAKE A FOOL OF ME AGAIN.NO ONE ASKED YOU TO REPLY YOU STUPID SUBMISSIVE PRICK.DONT EVER POST IN ANY OF MY THREADS AGAIN.
YOUR POST LOOKS SO STUPID GETTING ON YOUR KNEES TO WANKER EXPERT SAYING SORRY TO HIM.
ALL I ASKED YOU WAS ABOUT UDON THANI,FUCK YOU !

There is nothing more to add.

Oh happy day .. 

December 13th, 2006, 16:37

Obviously your and my statement did have had some effect. Today I found the following message in my mail:

wx40afp
UDON
DONT EVER FUCKIN MAKE A FOOL OF ME AGAIN.NO ONE ASKED YOU TO REPLY YOU STUPID SUBMISSIVE PRICK.DONT EVER POST IN ANY OF MY THREADS AGAIN.
YOUR POST LOOKS SO STUPID GETTING ON YOUR KNEES TO WANKER EXPERT SAYING SORRY TO HIM.

Oh happy day ..
:cheese: :flower: :bounce:

December 13th, 2006, 16:40

----------
Obviously your and my statement did have had some effect. I found the following message in my mail:

wx40afp
UDON

Oh happy day ..

:flower: :cheese: :bounce:

December 13th, 2006, 16:40

----------
Obviously your and my statement did have had some effect. I found the following message in my mail:

wx40afp
UDON

Oh happy day ..

:flower: :cheese: :bounce:

TrongpaiExpat
December 15th, 2006, 21:56
Center Point: This a place where the guards at the door snap their heals and give you salute when you enter. That makes me nervous.

A few days ago there was a new door guard at my building and he opened the door for me and decided to give me a salute. The problem was he used the hand that was holding to door to salute and it shut in my face. He may not be sharp but is very cute.

December 16th, 2006, 05:37
Center Point: This a place where the guards at the door snap their heals and give you salute when you enter. That makes me nervous.

A few days ago there was a new door guard at my building and he opened the door for me and decided to give me a salute. The problem was he used the hand that was holding to door to salute and it shut in my face. He may not be sharp but is very cute.

Oh yess ... Why didn't you drop discretly a small note in is hand; just room or phone number. Invite him for "tee". It's the easy way to find out more. Staff is not allowed to mingle with guests but many of them do . It's all about sanook ... cheese: