PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a Thai Citizen

December 9th, 2006, 20:02
Boygeenus is a Thai citizen,you have to talk and i think read Thai?

Thailand have dealt with Boygeenus ! Was the military coup the only solution ? :clown:

Smiles
December 9th, 2006, 20:37
" .... I want to be a Thai Citizen ... "

Most countries don't accept Trolls. I'm just surprized Oz lets BBBilly/wx40afp keep his Aussie status.

Cheers ...

December 9th, 2006, 22:40
I want to be a Thai Citizen..

But we don't want you Billy :albino:

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 10th, 2006, 05:40
can one become a Thai citizen without having Thai parents ?

Can you retain dual citizenship ?

I can't see any advantages to having Thai citizenship but I haven't ever met a farang who lives in Thailand who has become one or who has ever expressed the need to.

December 10th, 2006, 07:48
can one become a Thai citizen without having Thai parents ?

Can you retain dual citizenship ?

I can't see any advantages to having Thai citizenship but I haven't ever met a farang who lives in Thailand who has become one or who has ever expressed the need to.
From talking to a Thai friend about geting citizenship, its not easy. A friend of his mother's from the Philippines lived in Thailand for 16 years as a permanent resident before she was able to get citizenship.

Smiles
December 10th, 2006, 10:07
It is certainly possible for a non-Thai to apply for (and eventually receive) Thai citizenship. ( wx40afp will never qualify as he has never actually stepped foot in Thailand ... being a Troll ).

To acquire Thai nationality

Aliens who wish to apply for Thai nationality under the Nationality Act B.E. 2508 (A.D. 1965) a person does NOT need to be 40 years or have spent 10 years in Thailand.

They must be of the age of majority, be of good character, be gainfully employed, have continuously lived in Thailand for not less than FIVE years and have knowledge of the Thai language. (Section 10)

It's an advantage to be married to a Thai citizen and having children born in Thailand or having studied in a local university/college as an undergraduate.

The applicant must complete an application form and submit various required documents to the Criminal Investigation Division Group I, Subdivision 3, Police Department, Rama I Road, Bangkok.

The official fee is Baht 5,000. The processing takes 2 to 3 years.

In the case of a minor child sponsored by a mother or father having Thai nationality, there must be evidence of both sponsorship and the child's birth. Likewise, a wife seeking Thai citizenship based on her husband's Thai nationality must submit evidence of the husband's nationality, the marriage, and a formal request for Thai citizenship.

This is a quote from the Thai Visa website ( http://www.thaivisa.com/301.0.html ) ... usually a very good source. However, I can find no date on this quote, so therefore have no idea how up to date it is. The bold/underline parts however are the difficult and/or problematic issues.

Cheers ...

December 10th, 2006, 16:25
A Thai friend (Who gave up her citizenship.) & I were recently discussing that. She said, "Think, can not. Unless, maybe, law change."

So wait and see--If you live long enough--it may happen: the law may change. Many are expecting, for many reasons; there will soon be another coup. Since they've averaged a coup, or attempted coup (18), every-four-years since 1932; I'm sure you can find a bookmaker willing to take your bet--Against it happening.

December 10th, 2006, 17:03
We give thailand one day before it is sick of you Billy.

December 13th, 2006, 09:33
DELETED