PDA

View Full Version : Gyms in Hotels

December 25th, 2005, 21:41
Looking for a gym in Pattaya or Jomtien that is both air conditioned and not dominated by muscle men.
It seems some hotels offer gym usage (and pool usage) memberships to resident expats.
One I found so far was the Hard Rock Hotel, which has a nice pool, and small gym. Nice enough, but not such a great deal.
Anyone know of any other hotels which offer gym memberships that they care to mention?

December 26th, 2005, 03:02
The Marriott in Pattaya has a Fitness Club on the 3rd floor of the attached Royal Garden Plaza. You can join and not be a hotel guest.

December 26th, 2005, 06:40
Friend of mine who stays in Yensabai Condo when ever he is in LOS,

claims the recreation facilities at Montien are outstanding. Flood lit

tennis courts, gym, saunas, jacuzzi and pool. Garden setting.

Their location just north of the centre and second road corner, is just a bike

ride away.

This is a link to their recreation page

http://montien.com/pattaya/recreation.asp

There ia a problem with joiners, that is why he does not stay there

December 27th, 2005, 02:25
... Nice enough, but not such a great deal....

a nice gym membership in a nice hotel definitely will cost more than the average local gym. what do you expect?

orson
December 27th, 2005, 06:16
which gym is dominated by muscled men.

December 27th, 2005, 10:24

a nice gym membership in a nice hotel definitely will cost more than the average local gym. what do you expect?
What did I expect?
I guess I should have expected catty comments.

To qualify this, in my case the Hard Rock is not such a great deal because I don't need a pool because my condo has a nice one AND the gym itself is pretty small and not so wonderfully equipped. For someone without a pool, it would be a more interesting choice.

Curious about the Montien. I have walked by there and it looks very nice. Anyone know if they offer expat memberships?

Lots of the non air con small gyms in towns are steroid zones, if you like that kind of that, not hard to find.

lonelywombat
December 27th, 2005, 11:08
[Curious about the Montien. I have walked by there and it looks very nice.
Anyone know if they offer expat memberships? ]

There is an email address on the web page. Easy to email and ask, then tell us all[/quote]

December 28th, 2005, 00:14

What did I expect?

To qualify this, in my case the Hard Rock is not such a great deal because I don't need a pool because my condo has a nice one AND the gym itself is pretty small and not so wonderfully equipped. For someone without a pool, it would be a more interesting choice.....

lol...how about this....if a gym has both treadmills and weight machines, but you only use weight machines, I guess you can tell us that the gym is not a good value because you don't need to use their tradmills.
Why don't you even try bargain with the gym and ask for discount for not using treadmills....lol

bigben
December 28th, 2005, 02:46
The Montien charges 1,800 baht per month for membership.

This was the "walk in" price March, 2005.

Sometimes they will have promotions but have to ask.

Friendly staff and not a lot of farangs using the gym, mostly Thais.

December 29th, 2005, 01:02

What did I expect?

To qualify this, in my case the Hard Rock is not such a great deal because I don't need a pool because my condo has a nice one AND the gym itself is pretty small and not so wonderfully equipped. For someone without a pool, it would be a more interesting choice.....

lol...how about this....if a gym has both treadmills and weight machines, but you only use weight machines, I guess you can tell us that the gym is not a good value because you don't need to use their tradmills.
Why don't you even try bargain with the gym and ask for discount for not using treadmills....lol
I think you are the only one laughing.

December 29th, 2005, 02:10

What did I expect?

I know and I am too kind...other people are not laughing because they probably feel sad for you....living in Thailand without sufficient financial resource, and have to nickle and dime to find the best vlaue for everything....a gym with a swimming pool is not the best value because you don't need that pool.
sad....

sydneyboy
December 29th, 2005, 08:44
Has anyone seen the fitness at the "new" Sheraton Pattaya? Feedback would be appreciated.

December 31st, 2005, 12:22
[quote="Thaiquila":142hjp46]... Nice enough, but not such a great deal....

What did I expect?

I know and I am too kind...other people are not laughing because they probably feel sad for you....living in Thailand without sufficient financial resource, and have to nickle and dime to find the best vlaue for everything....a gym with a swimming pool is not the best value because you don't need that pool.
sad....[/quote:142hjp46]
Yes, so thats it.
So you like to throw your money away on things you don't need?
Are you living in Thailand enjoying your life ... or what?
Frankly, you sound like a some kind of elitist right winger to me, implying that only very wealthy people are really welcome in Thailand or on this board.
Trust me, you don't have to be very wealthy to have a great time in Thailand.
It is not an exclusive club.
Other countries are.
Thailand isn't.

Also, Mr Bright Bulb, did you fail to read that I previously mentioned the gym at the Hard Rock is miniscule and the pool is fabulous, so it is indeed the POOL that is the primary feature?

catawampuscat
December 31st, 2005, 14:37
This thread is timely as this is the time of the year when many of us start thinking about joining gyms, starting a healthier diet or easing up on the alcohol drinking.. When I used to frequent a health club it was always busy in January and quieted back down in February as the resolutions are so hard to keep.. maybe a good resolution for some of us on this forum would be to be a little nicer with fellow posters and show some more tolerance..We are all on the same side after all.............

January 1st, 2006, 01:30
This thread is timely as this is the time of the year when many of us start thinking about joining gyms, starting a healthier diet or easing up on the alcohol drinking.. When I used to frequent a health club it was always busy in January and quieted back down in February as the resolutions are so hard to keep.. maybe a good resolution for some of us on this forum would be to be a little nicer with fellow posters and show some more tolerance..We are all on the same side after all.............
Very nice thoughts, Mr. Cat.
My regrets if anyone thinks I have overreacted to Mr. Scott's insults.
Happy New Year!
Fitness, health, wealth, and happiness to all!

ServeUncutUncle-old
February 19th, 2006, 21:04
which gym is dominated by muscled men.

This is where my Farang Muscle Boi used to train in Pattaya

http://www.australianmuscle.com/UniverseGym/

http://upload2.postimage.org/173615/KennyWhereandWhen.jpg (http://upload2.postimage.org/173615/photo_hosting.html)

January 21st, 2009, 17:12
Not sure if this is of any use but there are a few gyms across Thailand here...
http://www.gymvisit.com/findagym.htm?lo ... t/thailand (http://www.gymvisit.com/findagym.htm?loc=fareast/thailand)

Good luck Guys, J