PDA

View Full Version : So I have this Thai Cell Phone.......

bucknaway
December 5th, 2006, 06:01
I still have the cell phone I purchased in Thailand. The service provider is 1-2-call. On a side note I would like to say how helpful it was to have a phone in Thailand. If I didn't have it I would had missed out on a few parties, missed my flight to Phuket because my Taxi could not find my hotel and went back home to stick his thumb up his but.

Anyway................. So I have this Thai phone and I would like to keep my number should I return in 2007. I am not able to find a way to recharge it before the account expires at the end of this month.

The phone works here in the USA by roaming on the Cingular phone system....

Any of you guys have phones on the 1-2-call system? If so, how are you recharging it?

December 5th, 2006, 06:27
Do like many Thai boys do, let the account expire, keep the phone, then start a new account when you like.

I am always amazed at how often they change numbers.

Alternatively, have an in-country friend top up for you.

Better, an excuse to take a trip to the LOS and do it yourself!

December 5th, 2006, 06:31
You may be surprised when you get back that the number might still work. I let my number (12Call also) expire by a few months and it still worked when I charged it up again with 50 baht. If it doesn't work, you can always go to MBK and buy a new sim card and number. Good luck.

December 5th, 2006, 06:59
IF you have a BF or someone you trust in thailand.. just leave the sim card with him and have him top it off or make at least one call a month to keep the number active. Then they give it back to you when you come back.

December 5th, 2006, 07:06
One Two Go has a new promotion. Call 1, 2 Go and change your plan to Sawasdee Uun Uun. Your special call rate is 2 baht per minute in AIS network. For other network calls it is 4 baht per minute. SMS are 2 baht per message. The good part about this promotion is that with a 50 baht top up or more of minutes, your phone number is good for 365 days. I believe the promotion is good until June 2007. Bucky, simply purchase 50 bahts of minutes your last day in Thailand and your number is good for a year.

bucknaway
December 5th, 2006, 07:11
That would be perfect, but I am back in USA already. :(

One Two Go has a new promotion. Call 1, 2 Go and change your plan to Sawasdee Uun Uun. Your special call rate is 2 baht per minute in AIS network. For other network calls it is 4 baht per minute. SMS are 2 baht per message. The good part about this promotion is that with a 50 baht top up or more of minutes, your phone number is good for 365 days. I believe the promotion is good until June 2007. Bucky, simply purchase 50 bahts of minutes your last day in Thailand and your number is good for a year.

December 5th, 2006, 22:16
:cheese: If I were you, I would take your Thai sim card out of your phone and mail it to your boyfriend or a friend in Thailand. Include at least 50 baht and have then take care of it for you. I would even be happy to do it for you, if you would like.

December 6th, 2006, 00:40
I used to buy 123-call sim cards. But for the last 2 trips, I bought Happy sim cards, it's only 199 baht, comes with 50 baht worth of free calls.

allieb
December 6th, 2006, 04:24
I have had the same one 2 call phone number for 3 years. I always top it up when I leave so that it's running for a full year. It needs 300 Baht a month to stay alive. It can be topped up for a maximum of 1 year. When I go for my next trip all the credit is still remaining.

Its too late for you now and your only option is to take up the offer that Monkee See gave you. I think its important to keep the same number for always as by constantly changing you can loose touch with people. The Thai boys are good at changing numbers, What they don't think of is that when the farangs come back next time and dial into nothing the they loose business.

December 6th, 2006, 19:35
How is the reception with a Happy sim card? Are they are the same AIS network as 1, 2, Go is on? I may have to buy boy special a phone and Happy may be an option.