PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust.....

bigben
December 2nd, 2006, 08:49
A friend of mine tells me a Mr. Bean coffee shop is now for sale. This is located on Soi 17 a few meters past Ben Mansion as you are walking toward that new Family Mart and that infamous BB.

As I recall, it is not gay owned and sometimes cheats customers by presenting one menu that you order from and then charges 40-60 baht more when you get the check. When you question this practice (if you even notice the difference in price) the staff simply says тАЬoh, you must have read the old menuтАЭ and shows you the new menu reflecting the higher price item.

I believe the asking price was 6 millionтАжтАжтАжwhich seems about 5 million higher than it should be.

Why does it seem a lot of businesses are bailing out around Sunee Plaza?

I hope the reason for his/her failure is because the staff cheats customers and the word got out.

Owners are most likely behind these cheating ploys and if they are not, why are they allowing the staff to cheat customers?

Som nam na

December 2nd, 2006, 11:02
I encountered a variation of this theme at a Thai restaurant on Theppraya.
Two times in a row I was overcharged for all main dish items.
First time, they just admitted the error.
Second time, they said you must pay more because we brought you the large size dish. The menu only had one size showing and one price.
This is at the "No Like No Pay" joint which was actually excellent last year, but has gone downhill this year (the food isn't as good).

December 2nd, 2006, 17:41
Why does it seem a lot of businesses are bailing out around Sunee Plaza?

Just look at the area's deserved reputation world-wide among gay circles for the answer to that. :cat:

December 4th, 2006, 21:29
For your information Sir,MR BEAN Coffee shop opened in early 2005,it is owned by MR PETERSON,who owns the building,who owns the guesthouse with his Thai wife and 2 young children.

Thaiwonon just got a hard-on...