PDA

View Full Version : Nok Air?

HIGHRISE
November 30th, 2006, 11:47
Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Before I book some flights on Nok Air, has anyone flown them? They certainly seem to be the cheapest for domestic flights in Thailand, but are they reliable?

TrongpaiExpat
November 30th, 2006, 13:41
I use them all the time no problems other than the web site. I don't know if it's fixed but it was not accepting foreign credit cards.

They have some new routes that are not on the web too.

They book over the phone when your having problems with the site but last time they quoted a higher price than the web offered but in person at the airport the price was the same as the web, strange.

November 30th, 2006, 15:33
Nok Air is a budget carrier owned by Thai Airways. Including service and seating space it’s one of the better options.

Be aware that the limits on luggage are very strict. This could turn out into unexpected higher charges demanded while your check in. This is nothing specific with Nok Air but Air Asia and others are no better.

Nok Air offers “Nok plus” with costs around 500 TBT extra but includes extra luggage allowance, better service and more seating comfort.

Cheap carriers are usually fully booked – and change departure time sometimes without any notice (well, delays usually). They usually never wait for connecting flights. Be aware of strict opening/closure time for check-in counters. If you are late, there is no one waiting for booked passengers or non refund on missed flights.

TrongpaiExpat
November 30th, 2006, 16:27
Luggage is 15k per person. All airlines change their schedules, Nok is no different and the change is often less than an hour. They are not that strict, let me go with 17k, no charge once. Maybe I was lucky.

I gave Nok my cell phone when I booked and got a text message from them with a 20 min change in the depature.

It's always a good idea to check the arrival and deparute times just before your flight date on any airline. That said, most times I do not.

If you have to call, they do not always have an English speaker.

November 30th, 2006, 21:44
I have not travelled by Nok Air but on forums hear that it is the best of the budget airlines and the most reliable. It is usually the most expensive and only operates a small number of routes compared with Air Asia. They offer a 'more comfortable class seat' at higher price and all seats are allocated. According to their website, credit cards are being asccepted securely online.

Non Thai airlines are not permitted to fly domestically in Thailand.

Depending on your trip it takes a while to work out the best value. Often by the time you have the prices have changed and a new 'special offer' has been put available. You have to be careful to check the final price as in S E Asia they, unfortunately, quote low and then have huge add ons often trebling the original price - a ploy illegal in many countries. The size of the add ons will increase for International fares from 1st Feb 2007 when the Airport passenger service charge increases to 700 baht and will be included in the ticket prices.

Jet Star Asia just announced a number of crazy cheap prices out of Singapore.

llz
November 30th, 2006, 23:52
According to their website, credit cards are being accepted securely online.
It is not before you begin the payment process that the website will tell you they accept only cards from thai banks.
It is a shame as I found the service with Nok always very good and friendly (before they begin this crazy policy) - in fact I had no problem as well with either One-Two-Go or Air Asia (except for some minor delays and the non-allocated seats for Air Asia).

December 1st, 2006, 02:34
I have flown Nok Air to Udon Thani a few times and the bf always uses when he flies. They were still not accepting foreign credit cards as of October but you can book on the telephone and they send a confirming number SMS to mobile phone. You can take that number and pay at any 7eleven within 24 hours. Very easy. My flights have been on time and everything very efficient from my experience.

December 1st, 2006, 09:27
I flown Nok Air from BKK to Phuket earlier this year (booked thru an agent in BKK). Check-in people were nice and friendly. It was on schedule. Beverage service is available, but not included in the fare. You can purchase drinks as well as snacks.

You get what you pay - it's a low fare carrier. Don't expect Thai Airways types of services!

December 1st, 2006, 10:06
Definitely I agree Nok Air are fine - the foreign credit card issue being the only drawback I have ever had.

HIGHRISE
December 2nd, 2006, 01:47
So I decided to go ahead and TRY booking on line. No luck because of the credit card issue. They then provided an e-mail address to find out what to do next. I sent mail to that address twice, and it BOUNCED BACK! They sure are making things difficult!