PDA

View Full Version : Tawan bar

November 26th, 2006, 03:46
I went to Thailand for my first time this year but only for a few days in Bangkok. I went to Tawan bar which is a paradise for bodybuilder lovers. I met 2 guys in 2 days but only for a short time. Do you know if it is possible to meet guys in this bar for a night or maybe for a day ?

Thanks for your advice, I would like to come back in february and as I'm very shy I don't know what are the customs and which kind of questions I can ask to them

November 26th, 2006, 03:56
As with any bar boy you can take them off for a day/week/month(or more) if you can afford it.

You simply pay the bar fine to take them out and then "tip " them after your night of whatever. Amount of tip is different for different people.

Most average 1000-2000 per night ?.

November 26th, 2006, 03:59
And dont be shy - they certainly aren`t lol.

If you ask them what they like sexually - most will reply "up to you".

be specific and tell them what you want.

Liamog
November 26th, 2006, 06:22
Oogleman is right be as specific as you can about anything and everything you want. Talk to the boy and agree exactly what you want before you take him off тАУ youтАЩre much more likely to have an enjoyable time that way. The mamasan (bar manager for want of a better term) will translate if the boyтАЩs English is poor.

On my first trip I left the sex talk with the boys until I was back in the hotel and alone with them. Shy you see.;-) But itтАЩs bloody frustrating having wined and dined a boy all night to find out that he doesnтАЩt like what you like. I soon became a lot less shy and a lot happier. Remember what these guys do for a living, you arenтАЩt going to embarrass them by talking about sex.

Similarly, if you want a guy 'long-time', which can mean anything from all night to all your holiday, agree this beforehand with him. Some of the boys can only do тАШshort-timeтАЩ i.e. a few hours, due to family or college commitments, etc.

November 26th, 2006, 06:56
If you ask them what they like sexually - most will reply "up to you". be specific and tell them what you want.Even that good advice sometimes isn't enough. Last night's "off" answered the question "You do everything?" with "Yes, everything". In the cold reality of the bedroom this turned out to be "I fuck you or chuck wow", which was met with the response "Here is your taxi fare back to the bar". Frankly I keep a Little Black Book; it consists of boys who have passed The Colonel's Casting Couch Test and are deemed worth seeing again. For the bar boys it's a useful way of avoiding the tedium of me going to the bar (but as I can readily afford the off fee I often give that as a performance bonus direct to the boy in question)

The Internet is another place full of possibilities - gay.com or gayromeo.com. The downside and the upside of giving out your mobile phone number is calls at all hours of the day and night - some welcome at the time, others less so

Since readers of my Blog will know that I subscribe to the theory that sodomy was invented to fill in the time between drinks and dinner, having a bar boy around and sending him on his way before the bar fines kick in at 9pm suits everyone's purpose

bucknaway
November 26th, 2006, 07:13
I like Tawan but I guess I am jaded by some of the posts I have found on the internet relating to some of the experiences some guys have had. Most of the bad things I have read all had to do with money.

Before I visited Thailand, I searched the internet for any info on the bars and gay establishments and after reading how a few of the dancers demanded upwards of 4000 baht for short time, I decided I would look but not touch.

I don't know what the average tip is at tawan... Most guys here will mention the place but skip over the payment amount. We know they are paying we just don't know how much. I imagine for some of the HOT guys there you would have to fork out a pretty satang....

I guess it would only be fair to mention that a few of the guys at Tawan have offered to spend time with me for free but I didn't take them up on the offer.

November 26th, 2006, 07:52
Hey buck - wheres the trip pics?

orson
November 26th, 2006, 08:07
And dont be shy - they certainly aren`t lol.

If you ask them what they like sexually - most will reply "up to you".

be specific and tell them what you want.

i agree with most bars, yes this will be the standard reply. in tawan, i follow this up with are you a bottom?

Liamog
November 26th, 2006, 08:33
i agree with most bars, yes this will be the standard reply. in tawan, i follow this up with are you a bottom?

LOL I've had similar conversations to this quite a few times.

You do everything?

Yes.

Sure?

Yes.

I fuck you.

No.

Ahh so not everthing.

Geezer
November 26th, 2006, 09:58
One thousand baht may be a bit on the low side, considering the cost of expensive nutritional supplements and gym fees necessary for body building. My two thousand baht for short time is appreciatively accepted, even by a reigning Mr. Thailand. (Not the present one; I do want to be considerate of his privacy.)

I have never had a Tawan lad тАЬdemandтАЭ anything. One boy suggests he needs more. He has the body of a God, the skin of an angel, and the mentality of a bum. He rarely appears at Tawan, and gets no respect from the boys as he owes them money. You are unlikely to see him.

November 26th, 2006, 10:01
Steroids are pretty expensive these days, too -- so be generous.

November 26th, 2006, 18:56
No, Not, "I see your face before me...EEEKKK!"
The one about the advantages of marrying an ugly woman.
Same might be said for offing.

Or Ben Franklin's advice to a young man in regards to older women:
They don't yell,
They don't tell,
They don't swell
and they're grateful as hell!

As applied to rent boys:
They don't yell,
They don't tell,
They still swell
and they can be grateful as hell!

I'm a face man--But when he's up to his chin in .... what's the difference!... All I can see is butt anyway.

Seriously; in my experience, the older ones are more experienced...less 'beating about the bush' (Polite term for chuk wow.) The non-'Stars'...less chance of multi-offs (Same night) before you, & they tend to be hoping you'll off them again--And if they're 'good,' which I've found they usually are, I do, and continue to do so, often for weeks; so long as we are both happy--And I've meet so many young men of truly lovely, lovable personality that way, like the sweet, adorable one who said, "Farang not like me: Too 'small'," and another a (Farang) friend said had the funniest face he ever saw. I saw a face that was always happy, laughing and joking...making me laugh, making me laugh..and otherwise...Another song: Like a Rock...both ways.

So, Tawan is for looking\jump-start; then move on--And off one elsewhere.
Success rate: Good-great 80%, mediocre\perfunctory 18%, bloody-damn-awful 2%--But what works for me won't work for everyone--So, whatever blows your dress up, drops you panties, makes your socks go up-and-down like window shades while your tits spin like airplane propellers--Go for it!
And If you see Kai, tell him I miss of him.

November 26th, 2006, 19:22
I went to Thailand for my first time this year but only for a few days in Bangkok. I went to Tawan bar which is a paradise for bodybuilder lovers. I met 2 guys in 2 days but only for a short time. Do you know if it is possible to meet guys in this bar for a night or maybe for a day ?

Thanks for your advice, I would like to come back in february and as I'm very shy I don't know what are the customs and which kind of questions I can ask to them

The bar owner is usually son after 20.00 h sitting next to the entrance watching the street. He is a very friendly older Thai gentleman who speaks English very well. And he is one of the very few left of the old guard who started gay venues in Thailand and an very open minded, honest person.
Just talk to him and tell him what you are looking for and what you expert. Most certainly you can also ask him for advice how much his employee might expect for short time, one night or even longer. Don’t by shy at all but polite, very open and frank in order to avoid any conflicts of interests. He will give you a fairly accurate figure. Just walk inside and he will soon after inform the Mamasan about your ideas. Mamasan will accordingly introduce you to some of his staff which might suit you. I am pretty certain that you might get satisfied. At this place you might get every dream fulfilled – as long as you are not looking for skinny teenagers.
If there is any problem you can always go back and consult him.

That’s one of the main “secrets” of this bar which is operating since 20 years with a long lost if loyal patrons.

Have a good time.

November 26th, 2006, 22:36
Yes ttom, it was good of you to mention the owner of Tawan. I understand from the boys working there that they generally appreciate this boss, quite unlike the situation in almost all other bars. I am told he is considerate of them, and very fair.

I always greet him when I enter Tawan bar, though I haven't had the need to engage in much conversation with him.

One major difference about Tawan is this: because the boss is personally around, the bar does not really have mamasans, at least not in the same obnoxious way other bars do. He has captains instead, who don't see pushing the boys as any part of their job.

At bars where the owner is absent, the mamasansreign like petty tyrants towards the boys and are often short-sightedly leech-like towards customers.

November 26th, 2006, 22:45
upwards of 4000 baht for short time

Hi buck, know what you mean, but 4000 is only about 110 dollars and 57 quid, I or you for that matter would never pay that much in a million years, but people pay double that in the US and UK. But its all relative, if I go to Tawan I generally pay 1500, they will not accept anything less than that Ive found, or 2000 at the most, and Im specific in what I want from them.

TrongpaiExpat
November 26th, 2006, 23:08
One major difference about Tawan is this: because the boss is personally around

That seem to be a universal principal that if not followed will eventually lead to the demise of any business. The owner or someone with a vested interest has to be on the property.

November 27th, 2006, 03:10
but 4000 is only about 110 dollars and 57 quid, I or you for that matter would never pay that much in a million years, but people pay double that in the US and UKWell, yes, but who cares what people pay in different countries? I pay about 50 baht for fried rice in Bangkok (sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more). That I might pay 4 times that in a Western country is neither here nor there

sydneyboy
November 27th, 2006, 10:49
A question. Have the boys returned to wearing "bikini" briefs or are they wearing as reported some time ago less interesting boxer type shorts?

November 27th, 2006, 13:39
upwards of 4000 baht for short time

Hi buck, know what you mean, but 4000 is only about 110 dollars and 57 quid, I or you for that matter would never pay that much in a million years, but people pay double that in the US and UK. But its all relative, if I go to Tawan I generally pay 1500, they will not accept anything less than that Ive found, or 2000 at the most, and Im specific in what I want from them.

1500 TBT is generous for a day. Of course, if the boys find some money back they will surely help "spraying" it around. At Tawasn there are a few who like milking the clients nicely. ....

Only stupid people quotes according the the exchange rate in order to find out "how cheep it is". An avarage staff worker get paid in Bangkok just around 200 TBT per working day; just food costs around 100 TBT daily. Paying someone 4000 TBT its more my lawyer gets per day for doing a good job! People should think about the value of money in comparisson of local expenses - and not at farang places. If someone is overpaying he looses face and respect, while overcharging is vital part of the trade and also fun.

Thinking first might save some trouble. ...

November 27th, 2006, 17:02
Well, yes, but who cares what people pay in different countries?

We are having a debate here mate, "I care" - you are a bit of a d/h saying that, because people ARE interested in this subject very much, if you're not willing to take on board other people opinions then don't write on here - see if "I care" about your input

November 27th, 2006, 18:11

We are having a debate here mate, "I care" - you are a bit of a d/h saying that, because people ARE interested in this subject very much, if you're not willing to take on board other people opinions then don't write on here - see if "I care" about your input

Be sure: you will never ever be able to buy satisfaction. No where in the world. That’s a gift of honour. You can buy time only. And a real good time is priceless.

Especially in Thailand, if you are not liked well for some reason, they smile at you and make you pay. This will include unpleasant behaviour like exposing people to the sun on beaches or “inviting” into long walks (of more than 1 km or so – except strolling along shopping malls)….

This has nothing to do with your personal appearance. You can look like Adonis himself - or being wheeled around in a chair or needing sticks for walking. You can be poor or stinking rich – if you’re lacking sense and personality, there will direct you the nearest ATM, and smile at you.

Teaching a lesson is nowhere for free ...

November 27th, 2006, 19:44

It makes about as much difference as the fact that a can of Coke costs 13 baht at a 7-11 in Thailand, vs 75 cents in the US. I wouldn't expect anyone to walk into a Thai 7-11, plunk 30 baht on the counter, and say "keep the change; that's what I'm used to paying back home." Would you? I don't think so! So what difference in hell does it make to whoring in Thailand that some whores in NYC charge $300 an hour?