PDA

View Full Version : Buddhist monk cuts off penis and renounces refix

Davidjewel
November 23rd, 2006, 19:45
BANGKOK (Reuters) - A Thai Buddhist monk cut off his penis with a machete because he had an erection during meditation and declined to have it reattached, saying he had renounced all earthly cares, a doctor and a newspaper said on Wednesday.

The 35-year-old monk, whose name was withheld for privacy reasons, allowed medical staff at Maharaj hospital, 780 km (480 miles) south of Bangkok to dress his wound, but refused reattachment, hospital chief Prawing Euanontouch said.

"We cleaned up the wound, gave him some stitches, but he declined to have it reattached because he said had abandoned everything," Prawing told Reuters by telephone.

Prawing declined to comment on the monk's erection, which Bangkok-based Kom Chad Luk tabloid reported on its Web site.

November 23rd, 2006, 20:18
This is sad when a man gets so locked up to an ideal he forgets he is yet a simple man.

Wesley
November 24th, 2006, 11:49
We are all simple men hoping to find greatness, greatness however, is in the eyes of the beholder. Now I wonder how he will feel later when not only can he not have sex but has to sit to piss. I am sure that will make him think a bit more pragmatically later in his life. For now he may feel it was a great idea. I find spontaneous things like that in my personal life tend to make me full of regret which I hate.

I hope he gets over this, and or takes him down some :idea: great path of enlightenment

November 25th, 2006, 03:03
Maybe he just wants to be a lady.

Dodger
November 25th, 2006, 05:06
Ooogleman...I'm still chuckling.

I guess he was focusing on the wrong object during his meditation...hmmmmmmmmm

orson
November 25th, 2006, 10:13
i thought buddhism was always teaches to go to the "middle ground". this monk seems to be going for the extreme.

PeterUK
November 25th, 2006, 11:44
We're used to thinking of Christians as being fucked up about sex, but a sad tale like this shows how Buddhists can be just as guilt-ridden and deluded.

allieb
November 25th, 2006, 11:51
I suppose if his asshole starts that fuck me twitch during meditation, he will have it sewn up and get a bag

November 25th, 2006, 12:10
he can alway have a new one in his next incarnation i suppose!