PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Internet Adds To Your Enjoyment!

American Teacher-old
January 25th, 2006, 11:35
See the Promotional Flyer at:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/C ... iflyer.jpg (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b95/CTPManatee/wififlyer.jpg)
And, Visit us on the Web at:
www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)

Niddy's Nook is proud to announce the launching of its free Wireless
Wi-Fi Internet service. Starting on Thursday, February 2, 2006,
paying customers can bring their laptop to the bar/cafe/restaurant and
take advantage of free Internet browsing. In an attempt to better
service our customers and offer the best, most convenient and
comfortable service -- Niddy's Nook is expanding its services to
create an unparalleled, one-stop recreation complex! So, stop by
today -- browse the net, have a delicious cocktail, quality coffee,
quick snack or gourmet dinner while enjoying the comfort of our inside
dining or outside terrace seating -- all while being spoiled by our
attentive and attractive waiters.

There's never been a better time to stop by "The Nook." See you there!

-Chris & Niddy

January 25th, 2006, 11:47
having viewed a thread elsewhere, does this mean that one could plug in their laptap and make phone calls via Skype or a simialr service ?

American Teacher-old
January 25th, 2006, 11:50
Yes, you could indeed!

-Chris

January 26th, 2006, 10:58
Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about the WiFi enhancement, then. If it becomes a place for people to sit and make loud, long "phone calls," the ambience of the place may suffer. Initiallly I had viewed the enhancement as turning the restaurant into a place to sip on cups of coffee while quietly surfing the internet. JOOC, how has it worked at Starbucks which have wireless (albeit not free) throughout the country? Do boorish loudmouth farangs ruin the atmosphere?

catawampuscat
January 26th, 2006, 12:17
Chris,
check your pm box..

Smiles
January 26th, 2006, 12:25
Do boorish loudmouth farangs ruin the atmosphere?
Pretty well every time.

IMHO .... cheers

American Teacher-old
January 26th, 2006, 20:36
You raise a good point. The beauty of this enhancement is that if it doesn't work out -- I'll just remove it! My thought is that most browsers will come early in the day -- when we are less busy and less people to annoy. Also, our outside seating is shielded well enough from the inside so that a conversation shouldn't have more impact than that of any conversation tableside at dinner. That's my hope.

Time will tell. As always, let me know if such an occurrence happens to you and I will do my utmost best to remedy it.

Thanks again for the suggestions,
Chris

January 27th, 2006, 04:18
My thought is that most browsers will come early in the day -- when we are less busy and less people to annoy

alternatively you could put the router on a timer switch and make it a daytime only thing.

January 29th, 2006, 12:31
Maybe we came at the wrong time.
My Thai b/f and myself decided to check out Niddy's Nook for supper recently. There were only 2 other guests when we arrived.
We ordered individual Thai dishes 1 each. After 20 minutes my b/f's meal arrived, 10 minutes later mine. Good thing they have lots of reading material on hand. The waiters were attentive enough, not overbearing. Again nothing special. I can not imagine planning to spend an evening there. Our short visit was enough. The check bill came, 2 soft drinks, 2 dishes total of 325 baht.
Not allot of money for dinner, but considering the same meal at a typical Thai restaurant would be under 200 baht overpriced and from what i have seen way over rated. Maybe a nice place to stop for a quick drink on the way by, but other than that not worth a special trip to visit.

January 29th, 2006, 23:57
Yeah, life is rough.
Being gay friendly isn't enough.
We want good food and prices too!
Back to the drawing board.